4.0 out of 5 stars Great bag, too heavy for backpacking.
Wish we could have kept these, but they were simply too heavy. Like all Marmot bags the quality was excellent, seemed like they would be very warm. At over 5 lbs this is not a good choice for a backpacking bag. If you are looking for a warm and comfy car camping bag this should be an excellent choice. Ordered one right and one left. Zipped together really easily.
Published on October 25, 2012 by RedForest

2.0 out of 5 stars Big, heavy, but not all that warm
This took up too much room in the backpack and didn't really keep me that warm in 20 degree weather. I had thermals on as well as a down jacket and was still cold. Not worth the extra size and heavy weight if it's not toasty inside. I'm returning mine. I'd use it for base camping, but not backpacking.
Published 20 months ago by R. Wagner

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bag, too heavy for backpacking., October 25, 2012
This review is from: Marmot Trestles 0 Synthetic Sleeping Bag, Orange/Grey (Sports)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice mummy bag, December 22, 2013
I bought this bag for my 11 year old son to take on a Winter camping trip for Scouts.
Temperatures dipped to was well below freezing but he reported being warm and comfortable during his nights sleep.
According to the comfort chart (included) he could have survived at -20F.
I'm not sure if I'd let him go camping in that sort of weather before, but I may consider it after hearing about his experience with this bag.

4.0 out of 5 stars not for backpacking!, December 29, 2013
Despite reading the reviews on this bag packing too large and too heavy for backpacking, I took a chance on it because I know Marmot products are of superior quality and I thought I would be able to compress it to a decent size. After all, camping in Alaska I'll generally value warmth over weight and I got this for a great sale price from another retailer. However when I got this bag it was simply too big and heavy. Even when I compressed it as small as possible (which was no easy feat and I was afraid the stuff sack would tear!) it would just barely fit into the bottom of my golite pack, which is wider than most framed packs. (not to mention I normally don't pack a bag in the bottom - I have no efficient way to pack my backpack with this in it.) It simply takes up too much room and is too difficult to pack, so I'm returning it. I really hate to see it go because it's an excellent bag with great loft and I'm confident I'd be comfortably warm down to 0, if not colder. If packability is not an issue, this is a great bag. 5 stars for quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mummy's Would Sleep Well!, December 27, 2012
In all, our family now has three of these bags. The first one we bought has been on one canoe trip, and kept my son toasty warm while the rest of us were marginal in our Non-Marmot bags. For the price, this is an awesome bag rated for 0 degrees. We will be putting it to the test in more diverse conditions, but what we have seen, we are not disappointed!

4.0 out of 5 stars Warm, bag for the price, February 13, 2014
After reading a number of the reviews, I was a bit hesitant about purchasing this bag. I purchased this bag for my son who is in scouts. I have a Marmot down bag that is awesome, so I thought I might give this one a try. It is on the bulky side compared to my down, but that is to be expected. My son had no problem with the stuff sack and compression straps helped with fitting into the backpack. Our first trip with the bag was a low of 6 degrees. He stayed nice and warm all night.

Was very pleased with the construction and materials. If you are looking for a great bag without spending a lot of money, I would definitely recommend this bag.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice sleeping bag for this price, January 30, 2013
This is my first Marmot Trestles 0 Synthetic Sleeping Bag(left)and I'm very happy to own this bag. I had problem with zipper in other bags but, this Marmot bag works very well.
I've tried many auto camping in under 15F but no problem. Every little details design working well for me. Just takes time to store in compact bag like other bags.

5.0 out of 5 stars good bag for the $, December 4, 2013
i got this bag for boy scout campouts and it works great it is a little on the heavy side.It is also hard to stuff in to the compression sack but over all it was a good buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bulky and heavy - but compresses decently and WARM., March 4, 2013
Initially I was going to return this bag. It comes with a stuff sack and the sack is very cheaply made. The bag is big and bulky and it actually broke the stuff sack the first time I tried to put it in there - the pull cord would not engage and the grommet came off (allowing the fabric to unravel) But I had a winter backpack trip scheduled and I dithered - then the date of the trip arrived. What to do? Take my 30 degree down bag bag or pack this one? At the last minute I remembered the stuff sack for my old sleeping bag that is made of sterner stuff and decided to try it. It actually worked quite well and by using my body weight to compress the bag I was able to get it compressed down so that it would fit in my Osprey Ariel 65 pack fairly decently (and still leave room for my tent, food, clothes and cooking equipment - not as much room as I would like - but room) Be aware, even as compressed as I could get it, I could not fit it in the sleeping bag compartment of the pack - and it took some muscles to get it in the pack past the frame.

But why did I select this bag over other bags. I like Marmot bags, I like their temperature ratings and they stand behind their products. Plus this bag was more affordable and synthetic. I do have a Marmot 30 degree bag that I love and use the majority of the time but what if I need a bag for wet (synthetic bags will retain their warmth even if they get wet - unlike down) or colder conditions?

So how did the bag perform in the 15 degree, snowy weather we just experienced? I got into the bag and within about 15 minutes was fairly warm - all except my feet. What I have found is that my Patagonia wool socks need to be completely dry to be their warmest and I think if I had changed them to new socks my feet would have been warm. But I was cold and could not make myself get out of the bag until about 2 am when I had to visit the outhouse. At that time I braved the cold a bit longer and changed my socks. My feet were almost immedietly better and I slept the rest of the night pretty comfortably. I use a Thermorest Neo Air pad and have a 3 season tent.

My bag is a right side zip - I actually prefer a left zip and like my other Marmot bag the zipper is hard to operate - it does seem to catch quite easily on the fabric. The glow in the dark zipper pulls are nice - but an easier zipper would be more important. Also the bag is quite roomy - I am a female who is about 180 lbs and I can move fairly freely in this bag - no concerns about claustrophopia.

So that is my review after one nights outdoor use. I have tried to use this bag indoors and it is far too hot for that - really you feel like you are in an oven. Not the bag for cabin camping in other words. But this bag can stay. It's heavy and bulky, the stuff sack is not good and the zipper is sticky. But it is affordable, compresses quite well with a good stuff sack and compression straps and very warm. I would not want this for my all the time bag but for a bag to take when conditions are warranted - it is quite decent.

2.0 out of 5 stars Big, heavy, but not all that warm, February 17, 2013