Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Holiday Music in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Tikes

on April 30, 2013
I ordered the large with some misgivings, as I read a review that said it was huge. It's not huge; it's just right. I'm a teacher and use it to transport clothes, water bottles and various items for the classroom that I wouldn't put in my briefcase. I love the top-loading aspect of it, and the seams all seem sturdy and tightly sealed. It's not hugely padded in the straps, so I can see problems if you were carrying it on your back for long distances, but from car to office and back is ideal. The front zip pocket is huge and I put three one liter Sigg- style water bottles in it then zip it closed. They fit with room to spar. It's large enough to fit shoes (probably its design purpose). There's only one other pocket on the bag and that's a decent-sized interior pocket at the top that zips closed (no flimsy, small Velcro close). My wife, who can't seem to get enough pockets on her bags, would want more. I love the simplicity and think it's perfect as is.
on March 12, 2013
I live in Seattle and we have a ban on plastic bags here. I tend to forget carrying bags to do my shopping so having a backpack style grocery bag is ideal for here and for myself. The only reason i did not give it 5 stars is that the shoulder straps need to be wider.
on February 14, 2013
Now the folks in SF have BAN bags at stores you need to bring your own.... this works well as a backpack and or a hand carry bag
on February 2, 2013
This is a well-made item with some thoughtful features.. I feel it is way overpriced in light of other gear in it's category, but of course that's a judgement you'll have to make for yourself.

Here is what this is.. it's a glorified BIG reusable shopping bag that has some accomadation for carrying on your back. It is not properly fitted for a bag of it's size (I'm speaking of the large) Although not mentioned in this description, it holds a bit over 35 liters (think of it as having the ability of carrying nearly 9 gallons of milk!.. that's 72 lbs) It also has inadequate shoulder straps for anything over a block or two walk. (the "medium" carries about 26 liters.. under 50lbs.. more reasonable.. but $45 still!)

Now I recognize that you'll rarely carry 70lbs, but even for modest weights, it is NOT a comfortable task.

This puts ALL of the weight on your shoulders through the straps. While it's true I HATE carrying those ridiculous plastic sacks any distance, I also hate this. For the price of this you could get a VERY NICE folding roller cart Easy Wheels Shopping Cart Mitey, Red (yea I know you look like a little old lady instead of a hipster ;)

A good part of it is it's light weight (about a pound) but when you consider what you're going to carry, that's not much comfort.. Also given it's "bag" structure, it's easy enough to clean and you can just throw it anywhere for storage. This is a grocery sack with straps, a couple of pockets and a "storm flap" I just as soon get a couple of reBags ($1.75 each at my co-op) and throw them over my shoulder as to pay 50 bucks for this.

Because it is decently made, I hate to slam it, but.. jeez.. For this much cash gimme an adjustable frame and hip pads to properly distribute the load!

I compare this to a properly made backpack (for example in the same price range and similar or larger size Teton Sports Scout 3400 Internal Frame Backpack or AVS Ul 60 Plus 10 Liter Internal Frame Hiking Camp Travel Backpack Bag Black) Those packs are properly made with fully-adjustable frame size and aluminum stays with hip socket, etc and far more complex construction.

The best thing I can say for this is that it is currently the only "simplified" pack of it's type.. someone else will catch on sooner or later.. I'll wait. If you think you MUST have one of these, and unless you're a body-builder, buy the smaller ones and get your girlfriend (or boyfriend) to carry one :D