5.0 out of 5 stars Toasty warm
Published on January 3, 2012 by Silene_acaulis

Published 18 months ago by Nittany Lion

5.0 out of 5 stars Toasty warm, January 3, 2012
This coat does what its supposed to do. It keeps me very warm. It was worth paying a bit more to get a coat with the waterproof/windproof outer layer, since temperatures are so variable where I live (one day its 34 and raining, the next its windy, snowy, and 15). The coat has fleece inner cuffs, a nice touch for keeping the drafts out. As for sizing, I am 6'7", 120 pounds and the small fits me, but just. The arms are a tiny bit tight, but not worth getting the next size up since I'm sure it would be too big. The zippers seem to be good quality, which is important if you want a coat to last. Finally, it is too warm to keep on while shopping for more than 5 minutes, but then what do you expect from a good winter coat? By the way, they have fixed the problem with the Velcro that some of the earlier models had.

4.0 out of 5 stars Warm and fashionable, December 26, 2012
This review is from: Marmot Women's Chelsea Coat (Apparel)
I purchased this in size small but exchanged it for the XS. I'm 5'2" and 102lbs. I took this coat to Paris this December and it was perfect for wind, rain and cold. It has a streamline design so I didn't look like a bear in it. My only complaint is that when I wore a black top some of the down lining "bled"out onto my top. I removed the fur because I got lost in the hood with it attached. I recommend this coat with the above caveat.

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, warm coat...but the black isn't exactly black, February 22, 2013
This review is from: Marmot Women's Chelsea Coat (Apparel)
As a city-dweller of the northeast who has to walk about and wait for the bus in the cold while wearing nice office clothes, I wanted a warm down jacket that covered my butt and didn't look outdoorsy. I also didn't want to get the North Face black down coat, as everyone and their mother wears that coat in this city. I was planning on buying a coat with these specifications from a local retailer, and found the Marmot Chelsea in navy in my size (L). I really wanted a black coat and quickly, so I got with two-day shipping from Amazon. It was fast shipping, just in time for yet another snow storm in the northeast. I like everything about it, except that the black color has a slight blue tone to it. You can't tell unless you are really looking at it under a bright light, so it's not really a big deal. Still, I wish I had known before I had bought it. I would give this coat 5 stars if the black were a little blacker. Had I bought this at full price, I might have returned it, but since I didn't, I'm happy with what I got for the price during what has turned out to be a rather cold late winter season.

The coat is very warm and working well in the snow and wind. The repellent shell material is a great feature during this rather windy week, and I'm really glad I opted for this feature instead of buying coat that just has down. The double zipper is also helpful for when I need to get things from out of my pants' pockets and can unzip from the bottom of the jacket. All in all, very happy with my purchase, would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Warm and confortable!, February 2, 2013
What I was looking for. Perfect for Montréal'winters, even by -25 celsius, tested last week. I am not afraid to get out all winter long, I have the coat to enjoy it now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great winter parka!, March 31, 2013
This is a functional and fashionable coat! It looks and feels like great quality - very warm, effective at blocking out the wind and snow, and has the bonus of being fitted just enough to be lady-like, but not too tight. I am 5'7" and about 142lbs and I ordered the small in the platinum color. It is not as white as I thought it would be, but rather more of a grayish-white, which I really like! It doesn't show dirt as easily. The hood is great (plenty of room), and the fur trim can be removed, which is nice because the fur blocks your vision a little when the hood is up. Something else that I really like about the coat is that it has little 'pockets' on each side of the throat that the tabs from the hood stick into perfectly (via velcro). This is really a great coat and I recommend it 100% for anyone who is looking for a longer, really warm winter parka!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice coat but wrinkly exterior fabric, interior liner leaks feathers, March 28, 2013
I tried all the long waterproof down coats out there. This has the bet fit, hands down, but the exterior fabrics looks shabby because it holds wrinkles, and the interior liner leaks feathers at greater rate than any other waterproof down coat I've seen. That being said, it is warm but not bulky, has the most flattering, trim fit (princess seaming) and perfect sleeve length and width, and perfectly designed cuffs... I wish the down leakage didn't happen and the wrinkles would release...almost perfect.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, February 7, 2013
warm jacket, easy to wear. Sheds like my dog and feathers poke through clothes!
I am thinking about returning-I hope I can

3.0 out of 5 stars Marmot Women's Chelsea Coat, Black, Medium, February 20, 2013
The color was not black, it was blue, that is my main reason for only three stars. Otherwise this coat is flattering to most body types. It is very well made, material looks good, but holds wrinkles. I have worn it it in below freezing temps and it holds up to the cold and strong winds very well. Hopefully designers will come up with a better fitting hood, it is a little too much for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so toasty, January 30, 2014
I have never written a review on a product, but I am so disappointed in this coat that, well....here goes. I bought this coat based on reviews I had read on this website. I have not found it 'toasty warm' even when I layer long underwear under it and a wool sweater. I have a twenty year old cotton shell down coat I bought at the Bon Ton that I still wear and it is twice as warm as this coat. I would suggest if you are going to get this coat be sure you allow room for another coat under it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Marmot!, December 5, 2013
warm, stylish enough for a coat that withstands 20 degrees without a problem and only a light sweater underneath! The hood is fabulous too.

Marmot Women's Chelsea Coat