4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Ski Pant, March 3, 2013
First, please BE AWARE that these Marmot pants are NOT the same as the ones on the Marmot website. I made the mistake of assuming that they were. There are two things different about these pants. One is that the scuff guard is grey and not black. Personally, I prefer the grey. Secondly, and more important the pockets are not the same. The amazon pant has a horizontal pocket whereas the Marmot web site advertises a vertical pocket. Amazon advertises these pockets as "hand warmer pockets" and they are NOT. The pocket only measures 4" wide by 2 1/2 " deep. So unless you are a toddler, you will not fit your hands in these pockets. In fact, I am not sure what will fit in these pockets besides maybe your chapstick. This is the only reason I give these pants a 4 instead of 5 star rating. I don't often put stuff in these pockets, but with no other pocket on the pants I am not sure what I would do if I decide to loose my jacket when it is warm. I have contacted Marmot to see what the deal is with these pants since they are not the same as they have on their website. I also want to be sure that the quality is the same.

All that said . . . . here are some pros and cons.

Pros
They are gorgeous! The color is a rich creamy off white and the logo on the front and back add a nice touch of color. I personally like the grey scuff guard since it softens the color compared to the stark black. The belt is very nice, adds a lot of style to the pant and also helps to cinch the waist if they are loose. The belt does pucker a bit in the back, but not a big deal. The quality seems to be excellent and they fit very well. I am 5'6" and weigh about 150. I bought the Large to allow extra room for a base layer and I just like to be comfy on the slopes. The length is just right. I love how stretchy they are. I can not speak for the warmth, wind and water resistance since I have not worn them out skiing yet. But my clothing guru at the local ski shop, assured me that Marmot makes outstanding gear. I don't spend a lot of time sitting in the snow and I don't ski too much in heavy snow, so I am not too worried.

Cons
I only have two. One is the TINY POCKETS. This is a big one for me. The other is that the waist is a bit high. I was surprised since I have a super long torso and pants are usually lower on me. They come right at the belly button. I would have liked them to be an inch or two lower in the front for comfort. But, this is not a deal breaker for me.

I should say that I also got a pair of North Face STH pants in white and if I decide that I can not live without real pockets, I will probably go with the North Face. For those looking at the North Face STH, they are also really great. More of a real white, fit well and length is great. The pockets on the North Face are MUCH better. You get nice roomy hand pockets and another decent size pocket on the lower leg. Also, the rise is a bit lower which is more comfortable for me. They are advertised as "Low Rise", but I would not agree with this. I would call them a mid rise pant. My problem with the North Face pant is that I am between sizes. I find this with all North Face pants. The medium is a bit snug and the large way too big. I will stick with the medium if a keep those and hope to drop some weight which I need to do anyway :).

So, the jury is still out for me. I will wait to see what Marmot has to say. I could order the other Davos pant from them with the bigger pockets, but I would not get them in time for my next ski trip. I lean toward the Davos pant just because of the extra style they offer, better overall fit and may be a bit higher in quality? I have had two unbiased people tell me now that the Marmot may offer more quality than the North Face, but then again, North Face certainly has a good reputation. I could not find any reviews comparing the two. I am sure that I won't go wrong with either one.

Good luck with the quest for your dream ski pants. If you can get over the tiny hand pockets, these are amazing. As always, Amazon is awesome. With prime, I got them in two days. If you need pockets, buy the other version of the Davos pant. You can get them from many other sellers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable ski pants., December 19, 2012
Love these pants. The fit, the fabric, the length is fabulous! They are soft on the inside too. Can't wait to take them out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love love these., March 30, 2013
Really comfortable and warm despite feeling thin. I used a single layer underneath in -4 degrees celsius and was totally warm. Great flexibility yet durable. I love the belt. I ordered the size per the size chart and they ended up fitting similar to the picture which I was pleased with as I didn't want a tight look but not too baggy either. Great pants!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice pants, February 19, 2013
mjt "mad mom" (wrentham, ma United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marmot Women's Davos Pant (Apparel)
These are very nice pants but the waist was too tight while the rest of the fit was great i tend to be more "boy" shaped so they just weren't the fit for me. Loved the color though. Cool grayish off white.

Rate and Discover Movies