5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite article of clothing.
This jacket is simply wonderful. It's as light as it can be, and can be stuffed down in a purse or bag. I live in the South, and it doesn't get extremely cold, so I could imagine that this would not be useful for sub-freezing temperatures, but for here, it's perfect.
Published on November 16, 2012 by marci davis

2.0 out of 5 stars too small, dull black

Published 22 months ago by northern blue

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite article of clothing., November 16, 2012
marci davis (Georgia, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marmot Women's Jena Jacket (Apparel)
The coat is fitted enough to be attractive, and I purchased a Large, which in retrospect, I could have gone down a size. I was worried that it wouldn't fit with bulky layers underneath (not that they are needed anyway) but the cut of the jacket is such that it's sized to allow for a big sweater beneath.
What I like most about the coat is the arms; I can freely move, in an absolute full range of motion, and don't ever feel the arms pull or tug, and my arms are not slender in any case.
The material the coat is made out of appears to be fragile, and my husband told me that it looks like it would tear if I wore it in the woods or if it met a briar. However, I recently caught my arm on a nail (the dull end) and though it smarted, it did not rip the jacket, so it's stronger material than it looks.
All in all, I would buy it again, several times over, I really do love it that much. I also ordered purple, and it's a very bright color, but I adore it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my Jena Jacket!, December 17, 2012
This review is from: Marmot Women's Jena Jacket (Apparel)
Great jacket. It helped me keep warm as a traveled through Europe in December, temps from 20's to 40's (F). I used in conjunction with base layer thermal and a fleece. The Marmot Precip shell was also incorporated on rainy days. The jacket is so thin that I was worried that it would not keep me warm but it did the job and allowed me to have a great range of motion as I walked around the towns. I have the Blue Sea which is a loud punch of color for me but was good color to wear for easy spotting in the Christmas Market crowds. If I had one wish it would be to lengthen the jacket. I love my Jena!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect down jacket, December 6, 2012
My favorite down jacket yet. Sized for a female frame. Incredibly lightweight; high quality down; packable in suitcases or for camping); warm without being overbearing.
I reside in a warm climate and don't desire a bulky jacket, but I still need warmth for cold winter mornings and trips. This works out perfectly.

2.0 out of 5 stars too small, dull black, January 16, 2013
Marmot Women's Jena Jacket

I was very disappointed when I received the coat. I seem to normally be a woman's medium in shirts. I have a medium Columbia waterproof jacket that is very roomy and the right length. This medium Marmot jacket was very tight across the bust and in the hips. It was also fairly short. I am 5'8", 137 lbs, 36 D bra size. I ordered black. The color was dull and dusty. Although I thought black would be "neutral", this is such a dull black it won't necessarily go with other black garments. It looks washed out. The shoulders slope unattractively. Despite the thinness of the jacket, the cut was unflattering, and made me look fat in ways that puffier jackets have not. In fact, this is about the least flattering jacket I have tried. The tightness at the top and bottom, and sloping shoulders and puff in the middle created a sort of apple effect.

On the other hand, it seemed fairly warm for such a thin jacket, and was light weight and comfortable. It might be nice indoors (in lieu of a sweater) or under a rain jacket. I would recommend this to someone who is very slim, short and small busted like the models, who must be quit petite. For myself, I felt the cut might not work even in a bigger size.

This weekend I went to REI. They had Jenna Jackets, but not in large. However, I tried on a large in another short Marmot Jacket, and it was still too tight across the chest, even with just a thin polyester shirt under it. Re color, the Electric blue is a beautiful, vibrant purple color. (I would not call it blue.)

Re sizing, here is a tip: Find a website that sells the same jacket which includes a size chart with measurements. Measure yourself with a tape measure, and go by the chart. I found that my actual bust size is nearly 2 3/4 inches bigger than my bra size.

I ordered a Patagonia Downtown Loft jacket based on such a chart, and the large fits perfectly, with ample room everywhere.(It is also a much heavier jacket.)

I have a Marmot rain coat, which I have had for years, and it is still waterproof, which is why I originally chose this Marmot.

5.0 out of 5 stars yayy :), January 1, 2013
I love it! Im so happy with this jacket.. to find a jacket i really like and feel comfortable in is stressful and I'm not a fan of puffy bulky make you look like the hulk jackets i thought those where the only type of jackets that would really keep you warm but this jacket ahhhhh :D its comfortable isn't bulky and still really really warm hi5 to the person that created this jacket :) good job

5.0 out of 5 stars Great jacket!, December 26, 2012
The jacket is true to size. It has a slim fit that is perfect and the sleeves are long enough for me. It's warm without being bulky.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wife loved it, January 13, 2013
I gave it for a holiday gift and she wears it daily. Looks good. Nice quality. All as expected and hoped for. I am a hero.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good fit, toasty, February 20, 2013
This is a great coat for warmth, and it fits true to size. It has a great, feminine cut that doesn't come across as bulky or heavy. It's lightweight and blocks the wind, too. I wish there were a little more room in the underarms, as it gets a bit tight when reaching overhead.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's perfect!, November 3, 2012
This review is from: Marmot Women's Jena Jacket (Apparel)
If you are expecting a heavy down winter jacket, this is not it, but if you want something for fall and spring, you won't find anything better.

Mine began life as my best jacket for occasional use. That lasted till fall came in and now I'm wearing it constantly, One of the reasons is the comfort with movement. I've been raking the leaves this week and you truly don't feel any restriction of movement at all, and you don't have a heavy weight on your shoulders. It really does stay down without having to haul on it, plus it is lovely and warm.

I also have a couple of shell jackets that are now too cold by themselves, but I wear my Jena jacket underneath and they're perfect. Another very pleasant thing is the outer shell which slips into jackets effortlessly and the inner shell slides over sweaters, unlike my fleece cardigans that drag the sleeves of the tee shirts up to my arms pits and perch there till I haul the sleeves down and then I have to try to pull the back of the neck up while pulling the tee shirt down. Very annoying!

It is a very expensive jacket, but such a pleasure to wear. I recommend it unreservedly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Returned jacket because I didn't like the color, April 2, 2013
I had seen this jacket at REI and so I bought it on Amazon because it was a lot cheaper. What I didn't realize was that the color I thought I loved was not Vibrant Purple, but Electric Blue. I was rather shocked when I opened the package. The color was drag-queen purple! They weren't kidding that it is Vibrant purple! Yeesh! I returned it, and am now very happy with the Electric Blue color (which is a very purplish blue by the way) . Also, I bought it in medium and I am a 36-38C bra size, and this is just a little snug around the bust. Not too tight that it looks too small, but there is no give in the chest. I wouldn't recommend this jacket if you are a little busty. In other brands I tried on such as Patagonia, North Face, etc., I am a size Small, but in Marmot I am a Medium.

$149.95 - $225.00