5.0 out of 5 stars snug as a bug in a rug♥
Published 22 months ago by Jane A

1.0 out of 5 stars Marmot coat.bad buy
Very warm coat.the style is perfect.true to size. I rated 1 star because the down coming from inside the coat. all the time. and nothing you can do about. I got the coat at december 2012. now is feb.2013. I use it a few times. and I cannot do it anymore. and I cannot return it . its to late . its THE WORST COAT FOR 300$. this brand-NEWER AGAIN.
Published 20 months ago by Irina Matriss

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars snug as a bug in a rug♥, December 10, 2012
This review is from: Marmot Women's Montreaux Coat (Apparel)
This one is just right! I wanted a long down coat that wouldn't look too long or too big and the XS is just right for my 4'11", 98 pound frame. The slightly flared cut is flattering and appropriately fitted with just enough ease to wear a sweater or thick fleece layer underneath. The length hits right below my knee and the sleeves are slightly long on me. It feels light and warm without feeling too thin or too puffy and I love the soft lining in the bodice and the fitted fleece at the end of the sleeves to keep the cold out. The two-way zipper is a nice feature and the zipped fleece-lined handwarmer pockets seem well placed and warm. The two interior pockets will hold thin or smaller items because it runs small in the chest, but could be a great place to use handwarmers for extra warmth on really cold days. Please note that women who are larger than a 32B may want to order a size up. I took some detailed measurements to help others who may not be sure which size to order. Hope this helps.

All measurements taken laying flat.
Shoulder to shoulder measures 13" across.
Armpit to Armpit measures 18" across.
Waist measures 17" across.
Hip measures 18 1/2" across.
Sweep (across the very bottom) measures 22" across.
Length (at back seam from bottom of collar to hem) measures 36"
Sleeve length from shoulder to end measures 26"
Sleeve length from armpit to end measures 21"

5.0 out of 5 stars As Warm As A Down Comforter, February 21, 2012
That is what I feel when wearing this coat - as if I am wrapped in a down comforter. Although it is filled with down feathers, it has a slim fit so I don't look like the Pillsbury Doughboy. It is also lightin weight and is water repellent. The best thing I love about this coat is that it is windproof. I have worn it on cold windy days and I don't feel the biting cold at all. A word of caution - the size does run small. I am 5 feet in height and weigh 112 pounds and usually wear petite small. I ordered a regular small and it is snug in the torso and sleeves when I am wearing a regular dress suit underneath.

4.0 out of 5 stars NOT for women with larger boobs!, October 19, 2012
This review is from: Marmot Women's Montreaux Coat (Apparel)
I just received my Marmot Montreaux coat and was super excited as I have never owned a Marmot before, but have heard fabulous things. I am 5'7" woman with a larger build and large breasts. Reading reviews on the internet about the coat running small, I ordered the XL (would normally wear a L). The coat is super soft, warm and wonderful, but unfortunately, despite ordering up a size is very snug in the chest. I don't think I could even fit a light weight sweater underneath. Because the sleeves and length were a bit long due to ordering up, I am not going to order the XXL....SAD :-(

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a beautiful coat but it runs very small, January 3, 2013
I truly wanted to keep this coat but it's too small. I ordered a size "L" and I normally wear a "M". I could barely zip it up. The zipper was stressed. Forget about wearing a sweater under it. There's no room! I'm 5'6" and weigh 155lbs. It has two deep zippered pockets on the sides and two deep pockets inside (one of them has a zipper). I don't want to return it but there is no way I'll ever fit into it. I can't exchange it because they don't have this color left in a larger size so I must return it. Be forewarned, this coat runs very small, especially in the chest. This coat was made for someone with a very small bust.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly satisfied, September 12, 2012
I spent hours searching for coats online, reading reviews, searching for the right style and color. I finally decided on Marmot Montreaux and when I opened the box upon delivery I was definitely holding my breath, worried that I may have overlooked some important detail when ordering. Surprise! It's absolutely perfect! The size, cut, color and quality are all what I wanted. It's so very warm and I'm especially happy that it has a sexiness to it, despite the fact that it buries me in a big down bundle. So the frumpy factor is null. Thanks Marmot!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best - even after a year of heavy use., January 30, 2013
Bob V (Bainbridge Island, WA United States) - See all my reviews
Simply put, this is the lightest and warmest jacket my wife has ever had. She is not a fan of the fur, but it is removable with no signs it was ever there.

Plus, she looks really beautiful in it... Lets face it, sometimes that is important. For reference, she has some coats that do not have the same effect.

Update after one year: Perfect condition, has been worn to so many sporting events, no signs of wear despite being worn so often. The exterior is heavier that the typical "puffy coat" and seems to resist snags.

1.0 out of 5 stars Marmot coat.bad buy, February 14, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars so warm I actually sweat in the cold!, December 28, 2012
amy stern (boca raton, florida United States) - See all my reviews
I've lived in New York for ten years after spending my entire youth growing up in south Florida. I've owned several coats over these years and this is the first that actually keeps me EXTREMELY warm. I live in one of the windiest neighborhoods in the city, right by the Hudson River. With this coat, I feel the wind but am barely bothered by it at all. It's seriously the warmest, best coat I've had. I can't recommend it enough. The only cons: 1) feathers slowly come out, but it's not enough to bother me, & 2) I can't figure out how to get the hood to actually stay on my head.

I'm 5'5" & about 150 lbs. The medium is a perfect fit, slender without being tight with enough room to fit layers underneath. (I've never felt the need to wear more than a long sleeved shirt underneath though - anything else would be excessively warm!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm, Soft and Wonderful, December 5, 2012
This review is from: Marmot Women's Montreaux Coat (Apparel)
After sending back the North Face Triple C down jacket because it was too thin and cost over $300, I decided to give this one a try. It's perfect. I wanted warmth without too much bulk, and this fits the bill. I love the (removable) fur hood. The fleecy liner, including in the pockets, is incredibly soft. I'm 5'7 and 130 lbs and it fits perfectly. It covers me down to the bottom of my knees, and I just feel enveloped in luxurious warmth and softness. I might even enjoy this winter in New England! (Well, probably not, but it won't be for lack of warmth thanks to this fabulous coat.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Super warm jacket, March 14, 2013
Just tried out this in Japan during a cold snap.

It was super warm and looks great. I would recommend this jacket for others.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›