5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased and dry!
Published on October 9, 2009 by Ellen U

1.0 out of 5 stars Watch for Size Switch
When I tried to order one of these jackets (red, from Axls Closet), it said Women's on the order page and Kids in the shopping cart ... just like some reviewers stated. Needless to say, I did not complete the order.
Published on August 2, 2011 by clstern

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased and dry!, October 9, 2009
This review is from: Marmot Women's Precip Rain Jacket (Wine/Burgandy and Saxony Blue) (Apparel)
I'm a college student who must walk across campus on a daily basis to get to my classes. It seems like at the beginning of each year there is one particularly bad rain shower that drenches the students from head to toe. Last year after this semester's welcome back shower, I finally got around to buying some rain boots. This year (though my feet were wonderfully dry) I decided it was time to invest in a rain jacket.

After some searching around and plenty of review reading, I decided this one was the one for me. I wanted something that would not only function but also hold up for a long time (which is why I went ahead and got the slightly more expensive jacket). I only got it recently though, so I haven't been able to test its wear and tear.

As far as function goes, it kept me very dry today on its first real trial run. The velcro issues mentioned in other reviews have not been an issue for me. The only thing I've noticed that is slightly bothersome is that it seems like the hood is a little too shallow. If I'm wearing a ponytail in my hair, the hood doesn't shield my face from the rain very well and constantly feels like it's falling off the back of my head, but my roommate who has a different brand of rain jacket was having the same problem, so it's not marmot unique.

Other than that, it fits perfectly (I followed marmot's sizing chart), and I am very happy. I actually look forward to rainy days now!

1.0 out of 5 stars Watch for Size Switch, August 2, 2011