4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps the Rain Out
Published on October 25, 2011 by PJnVA

3.0 out of 5 stars Great
A Great light layer. Perfect for rainy weather. LOVE the color and the side vents. You can stuff the whole jacket into the hand pocket. But the jacket is so lightweight, I think for packing it takes up less room laying flat. Love it.

Update: I have had this for awhile now and have one issue. The zippers under each arm for the side vents are ripping out.
I...
Published on October 13, 2012 by djwright

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps the Rain Out, October 25, 2011
PJnVA (Northern Virginia) - See all my reviews
I bought this jacket after returning from a hiking trip where almost everyone had a Marmot rain jacket. I got wet on a hike in a downpour. Those with Marmots did not. I'm wearing it now to walk my dog on rainy days and so far I'm dry. My only complaint is that it could be a little longer. I'm 5'4'' and it it comes just below my hips. I think just below the butt would be better.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE this jacket!, April 23, 2013
After reading the reviews I wasnt sure if I should order my normal size or one larger....but I went larger and its PERFECT! I'm 5'7 145lbs and i normally wear medium if I want a nice fitted look. But I ordered a large and I'm so happy I did! I can wear a fleece jacket underneath it for colder days and its not too tight but I can also wear it alone and its not too baggy.

Extras:
-Sleeves fit great-not too short
-Armpits fit-not baggy or tight
-Back of the jacket comes down to jeans pockets
-The color is great-I ordered cobalt blue and I love it
-The high pockets dont bother me, they're still low enough to rest your hands in

5.0 out of 5 stars Great jacket!, July 5, 2012
Amy (Tennessee) - See all my reviews
I got this jacket just in time for our trip to Ireland and Scotland. It was invaluable to me while we were there, since we encountered rain at some point nearly every day. I kept it rolled up in the bottom of my purse and pulled it out as needed, and it kept me nicely dry and also provided good protection from the wind. I like that it has a longer length than many rain jackets, and the color I got (turtle dove) is a nice neutral off-white color that goes with everything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves it!, January 11, 2013
My adult daughter walks every day no matter what the weather is like, and does so for 1- 2 hours. She asked for a rainproof jacket for Christmas. The caption says it all, really; she has commented more than once about how much she likes this jacket, - keeps her dry, great design, and is lightweight enough that she doesn't overheat. In colder weather she said there is enough room for a lightweight 2nd layer of clothing. When she tried it on Christmas Day I did note that the jacket (size M) is obviously designed for an toned, lean body, medium frame, like the model on whom it is pictured. We live in the Pacific Northwest, west side of the Cascades.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rain Jacket, October 30, 2011
J. Fox (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
I wanted a casual black rain jacket that looked nice. This was perfect. I bought one size larger than usual, and it fits good.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this jacket, October 24, 2011
This jacket is completely waterproof, and very light weight--I ride my bike in it, so the armpit vents are very nice. The color was a bit brighter than pictured, but the size is perfect. I have very long arms so I got a large, and it is roomy and the arms are plenty long enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable jacket for outdoors, March 23, 2013
This is a great outdoor jacket. I wore it while running in the rain and it kept me dry. The hood has a nice cap-like flap that kept the rain off my face.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Marmot Jacket, September 17, 2011
This is a great jacket for being in the rain. It has zippered vents under the arm. The only drawback is the picture is not true to color - the actual color is a little lighter than what is shown.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice jacket, April 22, 2013
I bought this jacket on Amazon after seeing one in a store. The material is noisy when you move and there is no liner so it's just a rain jacket shell. The sleeves are slightly too long and I'm 5'7" and usually sleeves are too short on me, so on a shorter person they would probably be way too long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Windproof, waterproof, and great value, May 24, 2012
I just love everything about this jacket so much that I'm going to order another one in a different colour. The grape is beautiful, but it is so distinctive people can pick me out of a crowd. I've been wearing it solidly since I bought it and I just can't bear to go without it long enough to wash it!
The jacket has quite a sleek fit, so although it is clearly an out-doorsy sort of jacket I don't feel silly wearing it over work gear on the way to the office. It also looks great with a pair of running tights - and is so breathable that it FEELS great to run in as well.
I live in Wellington, New Zealand, which doesn't get that cold in winter but is infamous for its natural and man-made wind-tunnels, and its biting windchill. This keeps me warm and dry in horizontal rain!
This jacket with a couple of merino tops it is all I'll need for the winter - and it's far more flattering than the giant down jackets everyone else is using to keep the wind out this season!

Marmot Women's Precip Jacket