4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps the Rain Out

2.0 out of 5 stars Giant
Published 10 months ago by Cherry

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps the Rain Out, October 25, 2011
PJnVA (Northern Virginia) - See all my reviews
I bought this jacket after returning from a hiking trip where almost everyone had a Marmot rain jacket. I got wet on a hike in a downpour. Those with Marmots did not. I'm wearing it now to walk my dog on rainy days and so far I'm dry. My only complaint is that it could be a little longer. I'm 5'4'' and it it comes just below my hips. I think just below the butt would be better.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE this jacket!, April 23, 2013
After reading the reviews I wasnt sure if I should order my normal size or one larger....but I went larger and its PERFECT! I'm 5'7 145lbs and i normally wear medium if I want a nice fitted look. But I ordered a large and I'm so happy I did! I can wear a fleece jacket underneath it for colder days and its not too tight but I can also wear it alone and its not too baggy.

Extras:
-Sleeves fit great-not too short
-Armpits fit-not baggy or tight
-Back of the jacket comes down to jeans pockets
-The color is great-I ordered cobalt blue and I love it
-The high pockets dont bother me, they're still low enough to rest your hands in

5.0 out of 5 stars Great jacket!, July 5, 2012
Amy (Tennessee) - See all my reviews
I got this jacket just in time for our trip to Ireland and Scotland. It was invaluable to me while we were there, since we encountered rain at some point nearly every day. I kept it rolled up in the bottom of my purse and pulled it out as needed, and it kept me nicely dry and also provided good protection from the wind. I like that it has a longer length than many rain jackets, and the color I got (turtle dove) is a nice neutral off-white color that goes with everything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves it!, January 11, 2013
My adult daughter walks every day no matter what the weather is like, and does so for 1- 2 hours. She asked for a rainproof jacket for Christmas. The caption says it all, really; she has commented more than once about how much she likes this jacket, - keeps her dry, great design, and is lightweight enough that she doesn't overheat. In colder weather she said there is enough room for a lightweight 2nd layer of clothing. When she tried it on Christmas Day I did note that the jacket (size M) is obviously designed for an toned, lean body, medium frame, like the model on whom it is pictured. We live in the Pacific Northwest, west side of the Cascades.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rain Jacket, October 30, 2011
J. Fox (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
I wanted a casual black rain jacket that looked nice. This was perfect. I bought one size larger than usual, and it fits good.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this jacket, October 24, 2011
This jacket is completely waterproof, and very light weight--I ride my bike in it, so the armpit vents are very nice. The color was a bit brighter than pictured, but the size is perfect. I have very long arms so I got a large, and it is roomy and the arms are plenty long enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice jacket, April 22, 2013
I bought this jacket on Amazon after seeing one in a store. The material is noisy when you move and there is no liner so it's just a rain jacket shell. The sleeves are slightly too long and I'm 5'7" and usually sleeves are too short on me, so on a shorter person they would probably be way too long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable jacket for outdoors, March 23, 2013
This is a great outdoor jacket. I wore it while running in the rain and it kept me dry. The hood has a nice cap-like flap that kept the rain off my face.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Marmot Jacket, September 17, 2011
This is a great jacket for being in the rain. It has zippered vents under the arm. The only drawback is the picture is not true to color - the actual color is a little lighter than what is shown.

2.0 out of 5 stars Giant, January 2, 2014
This review is from: Marmot Women's Precip Jacket (Sports Apparel)
I just gotta say, the small (4/6) seems more like a large to me. Very, very roomy in the torso I guess to accommodate extremely puffy jackets underneath. And since I am a petite 4, it looks even larger on me. I definitely prefer a more flattering cut. But since I got this new at a consignment store for very little money and I needed a raincoat, I'm keeping it until I find the perfect lightweight-flattering-affordable-breathable-windproof-waterproof shell. Deduct 2 stars for the sizing.

Deduct another star for the supposed breathability. I live in a humid climate and that probably makes things worse, but it's not fun to wear this thing even for a minute or two. It doesn't seem breathable at all to me.

Marmot Women's Precip Jacket