Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 14, 2012
This old-fashioned glass is the right size to hold a standard 2-1/2-oz cocktail. Most other glasses I found on Amazon and in stores were huge "Double Old Fashioned" glasses, which are fine for juice or water, but too large to hold a single cocktail without a boat-load of ice.

It is also the perfect size to hold a Tovolo 2" spherical ice cube, which makes an excellent combination for sipping whiskey. With one of these spherical ice cubes, the glass can hold 2 to 2-1/2 ounces of liquid without coming too close to the top. (As an aside, this has an entertaining effect in itself; when I made margaritas for myself and a friend, the spheres of ice kept rolling in the liquid like ball bearings.)

The glasses are plain in design. The Amazon image seems to show a circular design ringing the glasses, but this does not appear at all in normal lighting. The wall of the glass thickens toward the bottom.

None of the glasses I received had flaws.
review image
on December 7, 2012
I received the glasses from a third party website, and they were exactly described. When I think of Old Fashioned glasses this is exactly what comes to mind. The glasses by Waterford are perfect. I have been searching around for "crystal" whiskey glasses for quite sometime, and I REFUSED to buy online because I wanted to feel the weight and the way they were manufactured since I was going to pay upwards of 50.00. Then I found these. I broke down and just bought them online, since all the reviews were positive. I received them in the mail yesterday, and I am not disappointed

The glasses themselves are not heavy, but they are not super light as well. They are very modern, classy, clean glasses. The bottom is not rounded like the above picture seems to portray, but that is not a deal breaker. In your hand they have a nice feel and weight to them. I guess you don't want super heavy glasses to drink booze out of. This is not a weightlifting competition.

I would buy them again for anyone that would like to have crystal drinking glasses, and they are from Waterford.. how can you go wrong with that.
on October 24, 2012
These are just about the perfect glasses for sipping on a whiskey or mixing a stiff drink. I mainly use these to sip on whiskey with 0-2 cubes of ice, they hold the pour nicely without coming close to the top but you also don't feel like you are drinking from a high ball glass. They are also great if you want to make a small mixed drink, like a gin and tonic, that you don't want to douse in tonic water.

Like a previous reviewer said, simple and elegant. They have a nice weight, solid and even base, and are well made.
on December 10, 2012
You can tell they are very high quality when you hold them, and that's perfect!
But they don't look too fancy or upscale or pretentious, which is fantastic!

Great for sipping neat or on the rocks. Can do a mixed drink nicely too! Great addition!
on June 21, 2015
The Marquis is Waterford's "more affordable" line, but the glasses are still very nice. They have a nice heft and fit nice in my small hands. I had bought the Double Old Fashioned, but I could barely get my hand around them. The lip on the glass is a bit thin, but not bad. There is a dimple in the base. I would have preferred perfectly flat on the bottom, because water collects there when they are air-drying, but it's no big deal. I have no idea what other reviewers are talking about it havings "rings" - clear glass, no rings.

Overall, I'm very happy with these, and they're really nice glasses for the price.
on January 18, 2016
Really nice! I've got a lot of Waterford crystal and glass, and these are a really delicate glass. Somewhat worried at first that my muddling might be a bit much for these, but they've held up just fine and clean up so beautifully! Really a nice addition to my glassware.
on July 26, 2012
Great glasses, heavy and the right size. They in fact, do have the rings shown and are easy to see in most light. They are invisible at eye level and below. They start out spaced then get closer as they go to the top, there's like 20 of them.

Sticker that comes on the side of the glass left a nasty film though that took a while to get off.
on March 28, 2016
It's kinda hard to review a glass, I mean, it's clear, it holds my drink, it doesn't leak and I can't really find any faults with it. My Makers 46 over ice tastes quite good but I'm not sure if it's the glass or the product-- for the price, it's a good deal and the bottome line, my wife likes the way they look, that's good enough for me.
on June 18, 2016
Very elegant! They are the perfect size for serving scotch and Irish whiskey neat. I’m now building an entertaining collection of many different “Vintage” purposes. And finally, they have a perfect blend of luxury without bragging about it.
on September 15, 2014
This is a great set to get someone who needs a good start on traditional barware. They have the right size and weight, and they're very well made. I got this as a gift for someone who has already ordered more of them.