Industrial Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now HTL

on August 23, 2012
I wasn't going to give a review to this book, if it had gotten better, but it was stale and boring most of the way through.

I am usually suspect about a book when there are a lot of reviews and almost all the reviews are 5's. It often means that it is a "friendly" audience. However, I thought when selecting the book, that I would read it - it looked okay on "paper" as to the description. So, I read through half of the book and had to put it down. I usually read a book pretty quickly, but I was down to reading half the chapter and then putting it down for something else.

Like "paint by the numbers", this is how the book was - it was like "write by the numbers". It had the ingredients, but there was no life and definitely no romance. Just because you say a sexual term, doesn't mean it makes the book romantic. I felt like the characters were discussing a scientific project, with some Home Ec and sex education thrown in.

Where was the emotion, the connection? It was just too dry.
on January 1, 2012
Marriage Made on Paper is a wholly satisfying read from beginning to end. It's very well written with likable, conflicted characters who are also compelling. I found myself magnetically drawn to my Kindle after the one time I had to put it down. The hallmark of the story is sexual tension, the heat fully present and accounted for once Lily and Gage finally (finally!) get together. Highly recommended.
on November 27, 2011
I haven't read any other books by Maisey Yates, but I'll definitely be doing so now. The hero and heroine were strong, sexy, believable characters with difficult pasts and every reason to avoid falling in love...but tell that to their hearts! This was some of the best writing I've seen in a a Harlequin in a long time.
on January 9, 2012
Marriage Made on Paper was an amazing romance written by Maisey Yates. From the very beginning I knew that Gage Forrester and the Lily Ford, a PR professional were going to be dynamite together. Not just the chemistry, the dynamics of their relationship would be sensational and that's putting it mildly.

Gage was sexy, rich, handsome and a huge success. He owed the praise to himself. At a young age he removed his sister from the family home. His parents had been selfish and because of that his younger sister had suffered so he raised her himself. As for Lily, the same held true. She grew up in a trailer park with a mother who went from man to man. In fact when she was sixteen, her mother's boyfriend lusted after her and when she could get away from her mother and all of that mess, she went as far away as she could. Lily was a much sought after "image" maker and Public Relations person. However, once Gage had turned her down in representing him. However, now he wanted her to come and work for him at any cost.

Gage radiated power, was a ruthless business man and had the reputation of a playboy. When a scandal broke out concerning his little sister, he needed a plan or let's just say a distraction. So he or should I say they announced that he and Lily were getting married. Lily was stunning, smart and extremely sexy. However, first and foremost, she excelled in her job and Gage was determined to bed her. In order to make themselves the subject of the press and take away the spotlight from his sister's problem, Gage took her to Thailand resort. He wanted her available 24/7.. So he set them up apart from the other guests, in a suite of their own. Sparks, lust, sexual tension......all of the above for both of them. They seemed like a "power" couple and complimented each other. Would Gage be able to "thaw" Lily and get her in his bed?

In some things there were alike. Gage avoided relationships with flings. Lily avoided relationships completely. For Lily, Gage was so much more than any other man she had ever met. She tempted him and Gage definitely lusted after her. Would they be able to keep their hands off of each other? No, no a thousand times no. However, Lily had actually never been in a relationship. Yes, she casually dated, but nothing more than that. She liked to be in control and not depend on a man for her happiness like her mother had. As for Gage, his career was important and he had put it on hold for his sister Maddy. A wife and a child didn't deserve to be second. Just like he and Maddy were to his parents. Gage just wanted fun and uncomplicated. He was sure with Lily that would not be possible. His body wanted Lily, even though his head said no and I honestly held my breath because I knew when they finally made love, their relationship would become complicated and that was putting it mildly.

Have you ever known something you really wanted could be bad for you? Well it was like this for Lily and Gage. Lily had strange thoughts about what it would be like to have someone care enough about you, like Gage had for his sister Maddy. Her childhood tugged my heart strings and I wondered how all of these feelings they both felt, how they would be affected and what would be the outcome? Upon returning back to the States, it was business as usual. Yes, they tried and failed several times. It was pitiful to read because one just knew they belonged together. They were not only a "power" couple they were so good for each other but when would they realize it?

The charming Maisey Yates gave this couple their happy ending and oh what an ending. This is the perfect romance for those of you who believe in falling in love. It's about trust, love and respect and Lily and Gage had more than enough of that to give each other. Honestly, I've read this book twice it was that wonderful.
on March 5, 2012
This is another wonderful book by Maisey Yates who has quickly become one of my favorite romance authors. I love her strong alpha males, who are in no way over the top, like many romance books I've read. I also loved this book because it was the beginning to her newest release. I somehow missed this title before the other one came out - The petrov proposal. This book kept me entertained from beginning to end. Loved this book, like I love all of her titles. You will be missing out if you skip Marriage made on paper.
on February 18, 2012
I loved how fully I could visualize everything. The author is amazing at descriptions. The characters were so well developed too. Gage's voice was so distinctive and I loved when we slipped back into his head for a while. I felt like I was actually present for the whole book. I don't often lose myself in a book, but I dove into this one. My favorite scenes were the ones that took place in Thailand. Awesome book.
on November 11, 2012
Another brilliant book by maisey Yates couldn't put it down well written can't wait to read another book by maisey very popular mills and boon author she never leaves her fans disappointed, that why I think it deserves five stars leaves u wanting to read more,
on December 19, 2012
I enjoyed this book because I liked the characters. I know what I'm buying when I buy an HP and this delivered. The H is not unlikable and not too alpha. I wanted these two to work things out well and they do eventually.
on June 24, 2012
In this book, we have struggling PR agency owner Lily Ford, who agrees to take on internal resort developer Gage Forrester. Since this is a romance, we know that she's gonna take him on in more ways that one.

Lily is very resistant to love - and men, having seen her mother throw her life away upon boyfriend after boyfriend. Gage has already "done" the family thing, having acted as a guardian to his baby sister since he was twenty-five years old, so why would he want a wife or family?

The erotic tension between the two is hot from the get-go.

Business concerns and a need to protect Gage's sister lead the two announcing a fake engagement, but on a business trip to Thailand, the sun, sand, and sea make it impossible for them to keep their distance.

What I love: the crackling dialogue leaps off the pages. Maisey writes steamy sex scenes (and I like those too), but what is fantastic is the way she creates plausible backstories for her characters that both explain why they don't just jump into bed together, AND why their HEA is also a resolution of those characters' pain. She gets a tremendous amount of story into a work that's less than 200 pages; I am not sure if I am jealous or have a mad girl-crush.
on April 13, 2014
Good story, with Growing love, mystery, but both have trust issues!!! Quick read, with a good love story.....recommended you'll love it !!!!