4.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating and Enlightening
"Without a nutritious diet, we don't have the fuel to make more endophins." ~ pg. 102

If any book can be frustrating and enlightening at the same time it is "The Mars & Venus Diet and Exercise Solution." This book is filled to the brim with interesting information on dopamine, serotonin, testosterone and endorphins. You will learn about the top forty...
Published on April 17, 2008 by Rebecca of Amazon

3.0 out of 5 stars The Mars & Venus Diet and Exercise Solution
This book has some excellent information on the science of brain chemistry and how it pertains to health, diet and fitness. Dr. Gray does a fine job of explaining this complex information.
What he neglects to do is outline his diet approach in a visual manner. The book lacks charts and examples for creating the all important breakfast shake. The shake he...
Published on April 28, 2003 by Sue B

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Gary Quinn- Best Selling Author-Life Coach, December 4, 2004
Gary Quinn (Beverly Hills, California, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Mars and Venus Diet and Exercise Solution: Create the Brain Chemistry of Health, Happiness, and Lasting Romance (Hardcover)
The Mars and Venus Diet and Exercise Solution is the

new Dictionary of Heath. Once again, Dr. John Gray brings

most valuable and useful information to the masses.

This book gives concise, clear and life changing

information. A must read for individuals who need

to reactivate and balance their mind, body and loving

relationships. This book will feed your SOUL. I recommend

this book to all my clients. Brilliant work!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Monumental Achievement!, April 7, 2004
By A Customer
The Mars & Venus Diet & Exercise Solution is a book that has blown me away! What I expected was another book putting another spin on how to lose weight. I was wrong-dead wrong! This book isn't just about diet and weight loss, it's a book about liberating yourself from psychological and physical struggle. I've been a psychologist for over twenty-five years and Dr. Gray's book has opened my eyes to the nutritional-biological underpinnings of psychological problems-it's all about brain chemistry. I will recommend this book to any of my patients who want to know why they feel depressed, anxious, unmotivated, or why their relationship falters. Simply put, this is a book that can save your life.
Dr. Joseph J. Luciani, Author of: The Power of Self-Coaching: The Five Essential Steps to Creating the Life You Want.

5.0 out of 5 stars John Gray has done it again!, June 28, 2004
Gail Blanke (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
It takes John Gray to show, once again, that men and women are different - that we react differently to food and exercise programs just as we react differently to just about everything else in life! How obvious! So obvious, we would have completely missed it, were it not for Dr. Gray`s new book The Mars & Venus Diet & Exercise Solution. And we would have missed the advice and solutions that can help all of us have the energy, resiliency and optimism to reach out for life's next great adventure... that next glorious trapeze.
Gail Blanke
CEO/President, Lifedesigns
Author, "Between Trapezes, Flying Into a New Life with the Greatest of Ease" (Rodale, August 2004)

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy Relationships Is a Way of Life, November 16, 2003
As an expert in the field of romance, I openly inform my seminar participants and the readers of my book that I am no relationship expert. Romance is definitely an important aspect of relationships, but romance is but a branch of the relationship tree.
Dr. John Gray's revolutionary expertise in relationships for the past decade is uncanny. So, when I got my hands on his latest book, The Mars & Venus Diet & Exercise Solution, I wondered, "What did exercise and diet have to do with relationships?"
I read his book and got the answer... A LOT! Dr. Gray meticulously explores the balance among food, physical activity, relationship, brain activity, intimacy, inner peace, and so much more, while he vividly describes the differences between the genders. This book opens the reader's eyes to realizing that relationships don't stand apart from exercise, which doesn't stand apart from brain chemistry, which doesn't stand apart from diet. They are all connected and create what we call life.
To find strong relationships we must give our body what it needs. To be physically healthy we must give our mind what it needs. To have balanced brain chemistry we need give the heart what it needs.
If romance is a branch of the tree of relationships, the tree sits among others (the tree of happiness, the tree of spirituality, the tree of health, etc...) in the orchard of life. And, Dr. Gray is the horticulturist that brings it all to harvest.

5.0 out of 5 stars John Gray has done it again!, November 5, 2003
With his The Mars & Venus Diet & Exercise Solution Dr. Gray offers readers the fruit of his compelling research on nutrition and fitness, as well as the insightful practical advice he is known for. This book is a treasured guidebook for a healthier life.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MANIFESTO OF BEAUTY!, August 29, 2003
Dr. John Gray has done it again. I have been a fan since the beginning and I'm not about to stop now. I'm usually not one to pick up a book on Diet & Exercise, but there was a buzz at the coffee shop about Mars & Venus Diet & Exercise and I'm glad I listened to the buzz. A true testiment that diet and exercise is NOT a destination, but a way of Life! I'm off the late night ice cream and I feel better! I think better! Way to go, Dr. Gray! A must read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes perfect sense, April 4, 2004
The Mars and Venus Diet and Exercise Solution makes perfect sense and there's no one better to explain the differences between men and women when it comes to dieting and exercise than John Gray. And I love the way he ties diet and exercise back into the health of relationships.
Mort Fertel (mortfertel@marriagemax.com), author of MARRIAGE FITNESS

5.0 out of 5 stars Your Solution to Dazzling Health and Enduring Relationships, October 20, 2003
M. VALENTIS (MENANDS, NY USA) - See all my reviews
Ten years after he revolutionized the way we think about how men and women communicate in romantic relationships, in Mars and Venus Diet and Exercise Solution, John Gray tells us how the sexes differ when it comes to diet, exercise, sex, depression, and particularly brain chemistry. Why is it that so many of us rely on pills, alcohol, and food to be happy? Why are so many Americans overweight? Why are ADD and divorce so prevalent?
In this comprehensive, readable, and fascinating study, Gray not only supplies intriguing answers but recipes, exercise plans, suggestions for energy-boosting, chemistry-altering foods that will become your lifeline to satisfying, passionate, and enduring relationships.
Drs. Mary and John Valentis, authors of Romantic Intelligence: How to Be as Smart in Love as You are in Life.

1.0 out of 5 stars absolute bosh, June 2, 2005
JAH (California) - See all my reviews
Gray is so far off the target when it comes to nutrition and

exercise.He says women might gain weight from exercise? Didn't

he ever hear about if you burn more calories than you take in you'll lose weight? Simple math Gray!Everything about this book

smacks of sell,sell,sell! snail oil salesmanship.When will he

realize people have different needs bssed on individuality rather than gender.No one has any business making the blanket

statements he makes,it's irresponsible.

Another very corny statement is women get good brain chemistry

from affection and cuddling,while men get good brain chemistry

from sex.How much longer is society going to promote these

myths? Bad advice,irresposible and plain corny!

1.0 out of 5 stars John Gray is phoney, April 12, 2006
Don't buy this book, please! The man is a complete fake. He's degrees are totally worthless. He is making money off of people looking for help and tricked into believing his marketing hype. Just do some research on Google and you'll discover the truth about him.

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›