4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, misleading picture
I thought I was buying the whole pen when I bought it because the picture was mis-leading to me, so when just the bottom arrived I was a little peeved. I just wanted everyone to know you're not purchasing the cage too, just the blue bottom. Other than that I like the idea and am anxious to use it on the cage I purchased.
Published on January 31, 2008 by Jessie1988

1.0 out of 5 stars Small Animal Playpen Mat
The mat was a disappointment. I thought that it would be easy to place around the pen. It's not, and quite cumbersome. Also, the mat does NOT repel moisture. If my animal had an accident, it would leak through. I have found that a heavy tarp does a better job, at a much cheaper price.
Published on November 16, 2007 by Linda

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect!!, March 19, 2013
This review is from: Marshall FC-261 Small-Animal Play Pen Mat/Cover (Misc.)
I bought this for our rabbits but one is not completely litter box trained so watch out....it will leak through!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Read the description., June 11, 2012
This review is from: Marshall FC-261 Small-Animal Play Pen Mat/Cover (Misc.)
I bought this item, and just have to say I knew what I was getting. People, read the entire description, don't just assume you're getting the cage, in fact, that's rather naive to believe you're getting a paneled cage that comes w/ a mat for that cheap. Unless you're bidding, $17 is rather a joke for a new cage. It also says in the title what you're getting. If such an amount of people is just assuming and not reading what you're getting, than I seriously fear for the future of America.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but watch your chinnies!, August 18, 2009
This review is from: Marshall FC-261 Small-Animal Play Pen Mat/Cover (Misc.)
I have both the cage and the mat/cover (in blue). I bought it for my chinchilla to get some out of cage playtime so I knew he could not get into wires and other hazards. The mat/cover has held up well to my chinchilla's daily use for a few months now. The only problem I was having at the time I got it was that my chin would always try to jump out and escape! LOL. I covered the top of the cage with a sheet to keep him in. After he got a cagemate to play with that escape activity stopped, but the locking thing for the door to the cage has to be used, as he quickly learned how to get out of the cage door by lifting it.

I like that the playpen is large enough to allow for some of the larger toys for my chins, like a 15 inch wheel, chiller and hide-out house, and still have room to run and play. Plus its easy to affix accessories like leaping ledges, and water bottles. Keep in mind that it is not quite water PROOF, more like water resisitant, so if you attach a drippy water bottle, your floor will see it. Since my chins rarely pee in the playpen and we get it up right away, I have not had urine burn issues on my carpet. I like that I can vaccum up dust, poopies, and hay without problem off of this cover and it is really easy to rinse off in the yard with a hose if it does get a little dirtier.

Since the cage is completely foldable and easy to set up, I would HIGHLY reccommend this to anyone who anticipates a need (emergency or otherwise) to move their chincillas to another location in a hurry. Take one of these and your furbabies in travel cases with their food supplies and not have to worry about breaking down an actual cage and taking bedding (how long would THAT take in an emergency?)

It should go without saying, any animal placed into a playpen should be watched, no matter how well behaved you think your pet is!

2.0 out of 5 stars Wasted our $, August 4, 2013
This review is from: Marshall FC-261 Small-Animal Play Pen Mat/Cover (Misc.)
It may work fine as a cover, but definitely not as a mat. Our 2 guinea pigs tore it up in a bunch of places in less than a week.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for my Rex rabbit, July 16, 2014
This review is from: Marshall FC-261 Small-Animal Play Pen Mat/Cover (Misc.)
I have a Rex rabbit and have used this mat for 4 months. It's not perfect, but for a litter trained rabbit it's nice.
My rabbit chewed two holes in the bottom of mat one day when he was mad at me for moving his litter box and pile of apple sticks. He also chewed the edge of mat where pen door opens when he was mad because I got up late to play with him. The mat comes up around the pen and contains straw , hay and pieces of chewed wood. Since my rabbit is completely box trained urine soaking through isn't a problem. I can take the mat outside and shake it out-for me, it's easy to clean and allows me to have a rabbit in the house with no mess. I always keep a pile of apple and willow sticks in his pen for him to chew so he doesn't go after the mat and furniture. This is better than solid base because it's
easy to move.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very misleading, March 5, 2014
This review is from: Marshall FC-261 Small-Animal Play Pen Mat/Cover (Misc.)
The information says it fits an 8 panel cage, IT DOES NOT. Also, by the picture it looks as if you get top and bottom, YOU DONT. Very dissatisfied.

2.0 out of 5 stars The idea is a good one, but..., June 16, 2013
This review is from: Marshall FC-261 Small-Animal Play Pen Mat/Cover (Misc.)
While the idea is a good one, the production is lacking. It disintegrates quite fast, is expensive and is not really as liquid repellent as it advertises.
I found that a cheap plastic shower curtain liner works as well for a fraction of the cost, comes in more colors and weights, IS water repellent, can be cut down to size and thrown in the wash a few times. Furthermore, the shape of the playpen is not limited to an octagon this way and offers more flexibility with the placement in a room. The main problem with plastic is that the cage does slide around. As I only use this indoors and as a bottom for the cage, it suits my needs. I've used it for our ratties, and to quarantine the feral kittens that I somehow seem to bring home.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best thing to buy!, October 25, 2013
This review is from: Marshall FC-261 Small-Animal Play Pen Mat/Cover (Misc.)
I like this product. I have hard wood floors and it helps protect the floors. I would recommend this product to everyone who has hardwood floors. It is a saver. Only thing I wish is that they made it so that when you have the pen set up to be square instead of round that you had a square mat also. I don't have a lot of space and the pen fits better in the space when set up square instead of round. I would recommend this product to all my family and friends or anyone who asks about it. GREAT PRODUCT!

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading!!!, May 20, 2014
This review is from: Marshall FC-261 Small-Animal Play Pen Mat/Cover (Misc.)
This appeared to be a cage and floor mat cover, this is not what i received. This is just a floor mat and the cage is not included. The description of this is very misleading and should be made to note this in its description. The cage I thought i would receive is another $60 which isn't associated with this product for some reason.....

1.0 out of 5 stars don't waste your money, September 10, 2012
This review is from: Marshall FC-261 Small-Animal Play Pen Mat/Cover (Misc.)
I attaced the small pen to the cage and then had the cover on the bottom. The rabbit had no problem ripping it is less than a week.

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›