5.0 out of 5 stars It really works!
Published on November 27, 2010 by KP

3.0 out of 5 stars Stink deters humans too
Published on October 1, 2008 by FRUHD

3.0 out of 5 stars Stink deters humans too, October 1, 2008
I just got these and wheeeew they smell AWFUL! I don't know where they came up with "citrus scent" because it's more like burnt macaroni fart. After I bought them on sale for $11+ I went to Ace hardware to get some electrical tape to fix already nibbled cords and found the same product for $5.99... well, it's not the same since it's black or white and hard plastic instead of clear tube, but it serves the same purpose, won't get bitten through, and doesn't smell like grossness. I have kept one roll (of four) to try but I will return the rest. I feel woozy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Attractant, not a repellant!, November 8, 2008
My ferrets generally don't chew on wires, but every once and awhile they get that urge! So I bought these, and before I even put them on the wires they were hoarded! The ferrets thought it was really cool tasting and loved to chew on it. Even our cat thought it was fun to chew on. So needless to say I returned it since I did not want to attract the ferrets to the cords!

5.0 out of 5 stars It really works!, November 27, 2010
This review is from: Marshall Pet Marshall Cord Protector (Misc.)
I was skeptical at first, but this really works! One of my cats will chew any and every wire in my house. Its a real nightmare! I had tried sprays and water bottles but this is the most effective method. He can't chew through it, the taste or smell of this didn't bother him but it did bother the other cat, the one that doesn't chew cords...go figure. Definitely worth buying. Other reviews say the smell is really bad, yes it is, but it goes away within minutes.

3.0 out of 5 stars These smell horrible, April 10, 2010
I bought these because I have a cat who chews right through electrical cords and I have spent a fortune replacing cords. These will be great to keep him from eating the cords and I will appreciate that, but the odor is unbearable. The entire house smells with the odor these are impregnated with and trust me, it's not citrus. It has an insecticide/chemical type odor and is quite powerful. I can only hope it diminishes with time because I don't know if I can keep these in my house if it doesn't.

I'm giving them 3 stars because I think they basically do what they say they do and keep animals from chewing electrical cords, but the odor it too much.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, strong smell, October 25, 2009
Amazon Customer (Sauk Rapids, MN USA) - See all my reviews
This did exactly what it said it would. My cat doesn't go near the cords anymore. But the smell of the cord is quite strong and not exactly pleasant. It's bareable, but not preferred. I don't know if we are getting used to it, or if maybe it fades after a bit, but it seems to be less strong compared to when we first opened the package, which is good. Despite the strong odor, very worth it to not have to worry about my cat chewing on the electrical cords.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the real deal, June 27, 2009
It seems there are only a few companies left that sell a product to cover cords etc that are actually strong enough to stop kitten teeth.
Having a home office and numerous electronic cords, this was able to handle a large bundle of cords, easy to use and the cats definitely do not like the pleasant citrus smell. Much better than the flimsy cords sold in most electronic stores. I highly recommend this to protect tooth and technology.
Farrell

5.0 out of 5 stars Really works, January 9, 2010
This review is from: Marshall Pet Marshall Cord Protector (Misc.)
Our puppy was constantly chewing on cords until we got the critter cord and the critter cord micro. It really works well. the bitter smell is somewhat unpleasant to humans also, but it isn't overpowering and is well worth the peace of mind that our puppy is safe from electrical cords.

2.0 out of 5 stars The plastic provides great protection. But the smell is horrible., November 2, 2014
This review is from: Marshall Pet Marshall Cord Protector (Misc.)
The plastic provides great protection. But, the smell is unpleasant for the humans of the house. This stuff smells horrible! Does not have a "Citrus scent" as stated on the package. I was in need of more cord protection, but the stink prevented me from purchasing more.

3.0 out of 5 stars A little smelly, November 3, 2013
This review is from: Marshall Pet Marshall Cord Protector (Misc.)
The smell is a little weird/off putting, but that seems to do the charm as both my dog and cat avoid the cords. However, the smell is offensive to my nose as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Marshall pet protector cord - clear, November 3, 2010
This review is from: Marshall Pet Marshall Cord Protector (Misc.)
Bought this product to keep my Yorkie from chewing on electrical cords. I ordered three sets and installed one on my wife's heating pad. The smell emitted by the protector was so horrific that my wife had me remove it the next day. It did keep the dog away however. He wouldn't even set on my wife's lap while that stinkin' thing was near.
The remaining two sets are unused in my garage. My hopes are there mere presence will keep mice away are kill all the bugs.

Marshall Pet Marshall Cord Protector