Published on December 3, 2011 by NicNac3

2.0 out of 5 stars a Little bit disappointed
I'm a beginner in heat embossing and I thought this set would be great for me...but I was wrong.

1.The clear stamp is beautiful and quite useful.
2.The stamp pad is OK. the Gold embossing powder is great, it give a very beautiful effect.
3.The green embossing powder is OK to me, but the effect is not as beautiful as the gold one.
4.The Black...
Published on July 10, 2011 by Kitty

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars a Little bit disappointed, July 10, 2011
Kitty (St. Louis, MO, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Martha Stewart Crafts Embossing Starter Kit (Kitchen)

1.The clear stamp is beautiful and quite useful.
4.The Black embossing powder it terrible, the effect is very ugly, it's bleed on my paper. and I will never use it on my work.
5.The embossing ink pad is terrible, it didn't hold the embossing and every time I use my heating gun on it, a lot of embossing powder was blow away. I use a pigment ink pad instead and turn out to be Great!

My suggestion: Don't pay more than $10 for it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Embossing Kit Review, January 16, 2011
This review is from: Martha Stewart Crafts Embossing Starter Kit (Kitchen)
Photo is misleading; Of course it's my fault due to not reading the description better as the photo shows a heating device that is not included in the kit. Perhaps product should be labeled "Heat Embossing Items from Martha Stewart" (Heat Gun Not-Included).

1.0 out of 5 stars Highly dissatisfied!, December 24, 2010
This review is from: Martha Stewart Crafts Embossing Starter Kit (Kitchen)
Very unhappy that the heat tool is shown in the picture but is not actually included. This is VERY misleading and disappointing to find out on Christmas eve that the gift the person wanted most of all is incomplete. It does say on the BOX that the heating tool is not included, LOL!

3.0 out of 5 stars Martha Stewart Falls Short with the Embossing Starter Kit, April 5, 2013
Dswish (Jersey Shore) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Martha Stewart Crafts Embossing Starter Kit (Kitchen)
I completely agree with the review by "Kitty." My review might be very similar but I'll post anyway in hopes the team at MSLO will make an improvement. This kit has so much potential to be great but just falls short.

Pros:
-all stamps included are very elegant.
-Antique Gold embossing powder is absolutely beautiful.
-includes an acrylic stamp mount(small)

Cons:
-could have included "with sympathy" or "thinking of you" stamps.
-Embossing pad isn't liquid enough to hold the embossing powder from falling off. VersaMark embossing pads are 100% better at holding the powder.
-should have included an embossing essential.. an anti-static cloth.
-something needs to be done to tie this Kit with the Heat Tool (which works very well)but is sold separately ...that's another review.

To sum up; Purchase this kit specifically for: the gold powder, maybe the black and green, which work better with versamark, the nice stamps esp. the butterflies which almost match the new Layering Punch Garden Butterfly and the small stamp mount.

*Tip:
-To prevent the embossing powder from blowing away from the heating tool, heat from underneath the cardstock.

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, August 31, 2010
This review is from: Martha Stewart Crafts Embossing Starter Kit (Kitchen)
Would not recommend buying the kit since there are much better embossing products out there on the market. The heat wand works just fine but the embossing products are sub-par.

2.0 out of 5 stars Eh, November 5, 2010
This review is from: Martha Stewart Crafts Embossing Starter Kit (Kitchen)
This kit doesn't come with a heating tool. Heating tools at Michael's craft stores are around $25. Sorry, but after paying $20 for this, and not being impressed with it at all (even without the tool), I'm definitely not going to fork over the extra money to try to continue using something that I'm not happy with.

4.0 out of 5 stars Heat Embossing Kit is a good 'Starter Set' to learn new craft, December 3, 2011
This review is from: Martha Stewart Crafts Embossing Starter Kit (Kitchen)
First of all I wouldn't give this kit low stars just because the person didn't get the heat gun included. The price alone would have told me that. This kit is a starter set and good for what it is. A person learning the craft would do well with this kit as it is as complete as you need to begin. No, it doesn't say 'starter set' on it but that's what it is. Yes, heating gun Not included.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Satisfied, April 2, 2011
Amazon Customer (ATHENS, TEXAS, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Martha Stewart Crafts Embossing Starter Kit (Kitchen)
Misleading and a waste of money. Upon ordering this item I was very well expecting the heating tool that is shown in the picture. BIG surprise when my order arrived and it was not included. I would not recommend this item to anyone. There are better embossing products that are not sample-size and are actually worth your money.

2.0 out of 5 stars Heat gun not included, February 16, 2014
Kimberly Ryan (WEST BRIDGEWATER, MA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Martha Stewart Crafts Embossing Starter Kit (Kitchen)
I bought this as a gift and didn't realize until after it shipped that the heat gun (pictured to the left) is not actually included. Save yourself the $20 for this 'starter kit' and grab some stamps and embossing glitter from the craft store. You'll save money and have flexibility in terms of powder color and stamp designs.
In general, the kit works fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed!!!, December 30, 2013
This review is from: Martha Stewart Crafts Embossing Starter Kit (Kitchen)
Was so excited to get this but guess what....THE GUN IS NOT INCLUDED!!!! Altho it is present in all photos.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›