Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Style Name: Five-Leaf Branch|Change

VINE VOICEon October 20, 2012
What I really like about these types of MS punches is that I can flip the punch upside down and see exactly where the punch will cut. This makes for very tight punches and very little wasted paper. I have had this punch for well over a year now and given it quite a workout. Whenever it starts go cut a little harder I punch through first aluminum foil and then some wax paper, fish out the bits that get stuck, and the punch is as good as new again. One of the best in terms of ease in my collection, highly recommended.
on June 4, 2013
Generally speaking, this is a good punch. Martha Stewart craft punches are made in Taiwan by EK Success, and they have a reputation for solid quality punches. However, there does seem to be the occasional but regular problem where people get a "bad punch". Usually, the "male part" of the punch will not fit totally through the "female part", and thus it won't punch all the way through paper. I had a problem with this particular punch variety. I did not buy it on Amazon and I knew an exchange would be a pain, so I fixed it by taking apart the punch and filing down all the "burrs" that were preventing the punch from completely engaging. I absolutely do not recommend that if you don't know what you are doing or are not handy at all. Basically, if the punch does not work perfectly straight out of the box and you are not prepared to open it up and figure out what is wrong, return it right away. Chances are good the next one you get will be fine. The punches themselves are usually fine, it's just that there seems to be a quality control problem with filing the burrs off the punch parts after the metal parts are cast. (People want inexpensive punches, so we all get what we are paying for. Sad but true.)

The other thing you should know is that it won't take more than 1 layer of paper of card stock thickness. I was able to cut 3 layers household aluminum foil with great ease. With effort, I could cut through aluminum pieces cut from soda pop cans. (That is also how I keep my punches sharp.) If you are just itching to make hydrangea blossom shapes, you might as well buy this punch. It may have its pitfalls, but it truly is one of the better made ones out there.
review image
33 comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2014
I purchased the scalloped tag punch and find it to be top quality. Very easy to use even on the weakest of hands. The bottom is open so you can see exactly where you are punching for precise punches and little paper waste. On a single sheet of 8.5" x 11" card stock I can make over 100 tags. Each tag measures 1 1/8" x 5/8" and makes just the right size tags for small items like jewelry and ornaments. I used a small hole punch on my tags to be able to string them up.
on September 1, 2011
cutting is a breeze!! but the scallop design is not that prominent.i bought 3 circle punch at the same time ek success, martha and uchida for an upcoming birthday party. i intend to use them for cupcake toppers. i was able to compare the three circle punches. ek is the best and martha is second and uchida is a crap.
I got this punch mostly for crafting with aluminum cans. I know it's meant for paper but a lot of paper punches work well on aluminum soda cans so I figured it was worth a try.
It cuts the aluminum, paper, and card stock all very cleanly. As a rose leaf, it's perfect for making embellishments for ribbon roses, rose prints and aluminum can roses.
Like most punches these days, it's very easy to flip it over and see what you are punching so you can get a design laid out just how you want it. It squeezes down easily and accurately.
review image
44 comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 25, 2011
this craft punch didn't make a clean circle every time that I used it... and that's kinda the whole point right? I shouldn't have to clean up the edges with scissors...
on August 24, 2010
Excellent product! I've used it dozens of times and it makes perfect hearts. I also bought the butterfly and the circle. The butterfly cuts perfect butterflies, but the circle was returned for a refund (none in stock), as it didn't punch through completely.

IT's TEN MONTHS LATER and though I use the heart punch at least once a week, it has stopped working altogether so I've changed my 5 star rating to a 3. I am disappointed it didn't last longer.SORRY...NOT EXCELLENT LIKE I ORIGINALLY THOUGHT.:-(
on February 15, 2015
It cuts carboards only..not good for regular paper..on the other hand i bought ek circle punch and it cut everything perfectly!
on January 29, 2012
I'm not sure what other reviews mean when they talk about "pop-up punching"; this just punches a flower out of paper. That's pretty much all it does, but it's comfortable to use (easier on the hands than other punches). It's also very sturdy - I used it for a whole lot of wedding DIY projects and it's still in great shape.
on June 12, 2011
I love this punch and as I have found with the MS line very easy to use and cuts without having to use excessive pressure. I do wish it were a bit bigger, but will work well when I need smaller leaves for projects. Glad I bought it.