Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

I've been using this 24-color pack of glitter glue from Martha Stewart to decorate my Christmas cards, and am quite happy with the choice of colors. The individual applicators suffer from the same problem as any glitter glue product: the glitter isn't uniformly distributed within the glue. Sometimes, especially when starting a new color, I get a blob of glue without any glitter in it.

I recommend that you start your glitter glue on a piece of scrap paper to get around this problem.

This product takes a long time to dry if spread on thickly (10 minutes or more), so give yourself plenty of drying time.

The bottles are a little easier to squeeze, and the resulting line is a little finer than from a similar product by nicolecrafts.
review image
I've never worked with glitter glue pens before, but because there were so many beautiful colors in this set, I thought I'd give them a try. They are not really pens; they are small tubes of glitter glue with a small applicator point. Just press the tube and out comes the vibrant colored and glittered glue.

I've had no problems with distribution (over or under spurting). I've not had a problem with drying up in the pen point. Before starting an application, I turn the tube point down and roll it between the palms of my hands to warm up the glue and get it to drop down towards the point. Each tube I have used, which is most of them, I've not had a problem. But just in case, I also 'start' the application off the project I am working on; then lift off and then back onto my project.

I've used these primarily on intricate mandala coloring book projects, sometimes using a toothpick to get the glue/glitter exactly where I want it. See photo; though the shine does not show well - it's there!

The amount of diverse colors alone makes this a great product.
review image
on December 13, 2012
i have been a fan of stickles for years, but thought i'd try martha stewart's glitter pens since it offers some colors stickles doesn't...well, i was a little disappointed with the dispenser. the opening is too thin, and often clogs with glitter. it also allows too much air in, which creates air bubbles. normally i can just shake them out, but these dispensers get waaay too many, too often. this made for inconsistent sizes when i was creating dots as ornaments on a stamped holiday card. i love the colors - they really are as great as they look in the dispenser. i think the dispensers need some reconstruction, allowing the user to have more control of the amount that's dispensed, and the ease of its dispense. had i known i would have run into this trouble, i would have purchased stickles instead.
on August 2, 2013
These glitter glue sticks are horrible. I read the mixed reviews and thought since they are a Martha Stewart product, they should be a fairly good product. I decided to give them a try. What a disappointment and waste of money. I've tried each of the 24 glue sticks. All but maybe 3 plug on the first use. I purchased these to make gift tags. You either have to stop and try unplugging with a stick pin, or squeeze and have the glitter glue squirt all over. I've tried rolling them back and fourth in my hand to move the air around and hopefully unplug. Nothing works. I've purchased glitter glue that was far less expensive and never had this kind of difficulty. I ordered this set due to the huge color selection. I HIGHLY DO NOT recommend. These are a waste of money and waste of time. Very disappointing.
on December 20, 2013
I love the colors. That is about the only good thing I can say about these. I used them on plastic ornaments and as soon as they dried, the glue fell off. In one whole piece. Tried them on the wood. Glue soaked in glitter fell off. Paper is about the only medium they might be good for if you don't might the clogging as you go. Don't buy them. I also bought the large bottles of Sargent Art glitter glue and they work GREAT. On the plastic, on the salt dough and the cinnamon dough as well. Will not be buying anymore Martha stuff. I knew there was a reason I was holding back. I don't like her or her products. This one just confirmed what I should have remembered to begin with.
on September 10, 2013
This is not one of Martha's best creations. Although the glue comes out in a finer line than most competitors products, it is not easy to manage and get a consistent flow. Sometimes it globs up or runs too thin. The best thing about the package is the nice selection of pretty and unusual colors.
on January 11, 2016
My second purchase and I LOVE them. You have a lot of control over placement and,depending on angle dispensed, even the shine can be adapted. Two suggestions, though. The first would be a way to get all the contents out when the tubes begin to get low. The second would be to add a new line of colours.
Side note: The second order recently received doesn't seem as fresh as the first.
on February 7, 2013
My wife loves this stuff. She was almost out so I bought her 2 more sets. She says the only issue she has with them is that occasionally they clog. They fit between your fingers very well and feel as though you are writing with a pen.
on December 25, 2012
I LOVE THE GLITTER GLUE. A FRIEND OF MINE HAD SOME AND I TRIED THEM OUT AND LIKED THEM, THAT IS WHY I BOUGHT THEM. I WOULD RECOMMEND THEM TO OTHERS. I LIKE THAT WHEN YOU PRESS ON THE TUBE YOU GET A FINE INE AND NOT A BIG BLOB OF GLITTER GLUE.
on June 29, 2016
I have mixed feelings about this product, The colors are fantastic, i love the fine tip point so i can be more precise when using it for my jewelry making. However, some of the colors were impossible to use. i'm not sure if the glue had hardened or clumped together but short of taking the screw top tip off, you couldn't get anything to come out. i don't know if too much glitter was used but some of the colors i've used so far that i couldn't get to come out had an almost gritty texture like there was to much glitter and i couldn't get it to spread without it clumping together and making more peel up. i tried warming it up with my hands, "mixing it" to see if something had settled weird while it was still in it's container, even used a needle to see if a weird air bubble had formed in the tip. A few even had some clearish liquid, the glue i expect, come out while i was using it and had to wipe up

For a Martha Stewart product i expect quality and this just didn't quite deliver. i love the colors so i will be using this until it's gone but i believe i will be looking for another glitter glue set when i need to restock again or will even be making my own.