Most helpful critical review
41 of 42 people found the following review helpful
When they say 'chunky', they mean 'CHUNKY'!
on December 29, 2011
I'm kind of disappointed in this product, as it's not really what I wanted. I wish the picture was a bit clearer so you could see what it really is: It's not exactly 'glitter', but more of a collection of little jars filled with metallic 'leaf' shavings (Kind of like if you were to find some colored aluminum foil and ripped it into tiny pieces). They are asymmetrical, with some chunks 3-4 millimeters across and others that are just tiny little specks.
The colors themselves are okay, but not as bright as I would have hoped; this may be due to the random chunky shapes not allowing the colors to present themselves as normal glitter would, though. The colors lean more towards the "pastel" area, when the picture shows more vibrant colors (The 'garnet', 'fire opal', and 'tourmaline' shades are pretty bright, but the others are too subtle).
The colors, since they are kind of hard to see in the picture:
1. "Brownstone" - dark brown, almost coppery
2. "Fire Opal" - orange/copper
3. "Florentine Gold" - silvery gold
4. "Sterling" - silver
5. "Garnet" - red
6. "Tourmaline" - deep pink/fuschia
7. "Kunzite" - silvery light "baby" pink
8. "Charoite" - light purple/lavender
9. "Lapis Lazuli" - medium blue
10. "Turquoise" - light blue-green
11. "Verdalite" - light minty green
12. "Olivine" - light olive green