Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Package Quantity: 1Style Name: IridescentChange

on December 29, 2011
I'm kind of disappointed in this product, as it's not really what I wanted. I wish the picture was a bit clearer so you could see what it really is: It's not exactly 'glitter', but more of a collection of little jars filled with metallic 'leaf' shavings (Kind of like if you were to find some colored aluminum foil and ripped it into tiny pieces). They are asymmetrical, with some chunks 3-4 millimeters across and others that are just tiny little specks.

The colors themselves are okay, but not as bright as I would have hoped; this may be due to the random chunky shapes not allowing the colors to present themselves as normal glitter would, though. The colors lean more towards the "pastel" area, when the picture shows more vibrant colors (The 'garnet', 'fire opal', and 'tourmaline' shades are pretty bright, but the others are too subtle).

The colors, since they are kind of hard to see in the picture:

1. "Brownstone" - dark brown, almost coppery
9. "Lapis Lazuli" - medium blue
10. "Turquoise" - light blue-green
11. "Verdalite" - light minty green
12. "Olivine" - light olive green
11 comment53 of 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 26, 2012
i really wanted to try caviar nails without spending 25$ for the ciate brand that only comes with 1 color microbeads and 1 color nail polish.

for just under 15$ this set comes with 12 different colors (clear, copper, florentine gold, white gold, fire opal, garnet, tourmaline, krunzite, amethyst, blue topaz, feldspar, and peridot) and you can just use whatever color nail polish you have at home. i added some pictures to show what the bottles look like in real life as well as my first go at diy caviar nails.

great price, great product, decent wait time. although these containers will definitely last me a long time, i would purchase this again. too bad it doesn't come in black :(

*also don't put clear nail polish on top of the beads. the color bleeds out and doesn't help them stay on any more securely than if you didn't put a coat over them. might be the brand of polish i used but meh.
review image review image review image review image
33 comments51 of 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
If you are getting just one set of glitter for a project, I wouldn't recommend this one. While these are absolutely gorgeous glitters in the bottle, when you apply them they are semi-transparent. The end result is that any variations of color on the surface of whatever you're glittering or brush strokes from the glue that show through the glitter. I found that these glitters are much more effective if you apply them over a layer of solid colored glitter as an accent. Used like this they create a nice iridescent shimmer.

If you are looking for a better basic set of glitter, this one may be a better place to start: Martha Stewart 24-Vial Glitter Multi-Pack
0Comment29 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2010
Absolutely gorgeous glitter, but good luck getting it to stay on paper with the MS glue or glue pad. Updated: the educational instructor from MS sent me a message saying that the glitter will stay on better if you set it with spray on glue. I've also heard other people say that hair spray works well too. I just don't want a tacky surface left behind that other pages could stick too, so these solutions aren't good ones for what I was hoping to use these for. I wouldn't recommend using this on paper craft projects. You are better off with embossing powder. Updated: I've searched around for more information on adhering glitter to paper and found a great You Tube tutorial by Hero Arts. The title is called "Glittered Lace Paper." I haven't tried this but the demo calls for using "Diamond Glaze" glue by Judy Kins, to the areas on your paper where you want to apply glitter, then sprinkle the glitter onto the surface of the glue, let dry, then brush away excess glitter. Repeat if desired. Lastly, cover glittered area with another coat of Diamond Glaze to insure that the glitter does not fall off the paper when it is handled.
66 comments23 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 6, 2012
I bought this micro bead set after seeing a couple manicures that use them. I have seen expensive caviar manicures and this is the cheapest, good quality caviar (micro bead) set that I could find.

I started with a base coat and let that dry. I applied two coats of a Sinful Colors brand of hot pink. I then applied a top coat, and sprinkled the micro beads onto my nail. I pressed them down gently and let that dry. Do not apply a coat after that. Let them dry, and do not pick at them! Also, don't apply on a flat surface, such as paper or paper towel. They will roll right off the table! Use a container that has a low height. You can then pour the micro beads back into the containers to reuse.

The colors are wonderful, and they come packaged well. You can watch video tutorials on Youtube to see how to apply them and what kind of container to use. Overall, they are awesome and can create some unique manicures!
on May 27, 2011
I just love this glitter. I use it for doing tons of fun stuff with nails at my salon! The colors are very vibrant great for summer!!
on May 24, 2012
I bought these beads to do a dyi caviar nail manicure. You get some much and you only use a small amount of the beads. They're really small, I think there smaller than the caviar beads. They have no holes and the colours are nice and bright!
on June 2, 2012
I love this glitter! I bought it for various crafts. You can't see it very well in the picture, but even in somewhat dim light, this glitter really sparkles! It'll get everywhere though, if you're not careful! It shines with a rainbow effect and it's just so pretty! I'll definitely buy more. Very much worth the money!
on September 2, 2013
This is really nice glitter. It's a good quality, and the colors are quite pretty. My only complaint is how small each container is. It would be nice, for the price, to get more of each.
on January 28, 2013
These glitters are beeeeautiful! If you enjoy neons, this set is a must have! I bought the set to create my own custom glitter mixes for nail art & I am very pleased w/ the quality! The colors don't fade or dull when mixed into clear acrylic, uv gel, or clear nail polish. These glitters sparkle & shine...they can be used for scrapbooking, nail art, or any other fun crafts...they're good quality glitters...well priced...packaged neatly...easy to use...& fun for all ages! I'd recommend supervising young children, though. Enjoy lots n' lots, if you buy! =)