Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Martha Stewart Crafts Knife
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon December 27, 2009
I've used the X-ACTO Designer Series Craft Knife which was pretty good compared to the others I'd tried in the past, which were the Xacto X3627 Black Gripster Knife With Safety Cap which was just ok, and the very basic Xacto X3201 N0. 1 Precision Knife which was by far, the most uncomfortable of them all. I was impressed with the Designer series X-ACTO one until I tried this Martha Stewart craft knife. It is so comfortable. It has a soft silicone coating that is so great and then it's not too fat and not too skinny. It's just right for your hand. It also comes with a safety cap that actually stays on when you're not using it, unlike the Designer Series knife mentioned above. I will definitely never use any of those other knives again. I wish I would have just started with the Martha Stewart one and had not wasted my money on the others, but now I know. This goes great with the EK success cutting mat. I have the pink one but the grey Martha Stewart one is the same thing, just a different color. I think that EK success is just a great brand. I can't recall ever being unhappy with any of their products!

*EDIT* I just wanted to add that this knife does take the #11 blades, so you don't have to buy the pricey Martha blades. I hope this helps=)
33 comments| 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2009
I agree with the previous poster that this is the best knife I could find for my paper model hobby. I tried the standard silver X-Acto, but it was lousy for long cutting sessions, and I had one of the designer series that she mentioned also. The X2000 designer was great to use, but the cap would not stay on during storage causing me to stick myself twice with the blade. But the Martha Stewart Craft Knife is not only comfortable, the cap works great, and it is very easy to change out the blades without risking a cut. Best hobby knife available in my opinion.
on February 20, 2011
I tried a few different types of crafting knives and this one by far was better than the rest. It feels great in my hand. Just holding it w/o doing anything I could tell I liked it far more. It was great to use and I know I'll get a lot of use out of it. I never thought I'd really buy Martha Stewart products for my own reasons, but to be honest I'm finding her products are far better than most others!
on June 23, 2013
This is by far better than any cheap craft knife you can find. My hand would cramp before with those knives, but this one fits much more comfortably. The blade it comes with is sharp, and very firmly held in place by the handle. Owning this has made me want to papercraft more.
on April 5, 2013
The ergonomically designed tool stands out among the rest. The handle design brings your fingers closer and safely to the blade. This familiar handle design gives an ease of use. A bonus is the fact that the blades are interchangeable with #11 or the MS Brand themselves. It also follows the palette of Martha Stewart Crafts tools in beautiful Ivory color.

Blade changing is very easy and the protective cap actually stays on to cover the sharp blade when not in use. I highly recommend this product for any projects needing a crafting knife.
on July 5, 2015
My favorite craft knife! I make 3D paper cut art and have very small hands so other blade holders where giving me horrible calluses and hurt my fingers. This craft knife is the only one that keeps my fingers callus free and happy :).
review image
on February 7, 2011
I have been an avid scrapper the past two yrs and have used many different inexpensive craft knives much to my dismay. I decided to take a chance on a Martha Stewart knife and wondered why I waited so long! It has a strong grip feel, the knife is accurate when cutting, lightweight and it wasn't really that expensive. I am going to order extras to have on hand.
The drawback to this knife is that I didn't see any extra blades. It looks like it has a storage for them but it is not so. What a good thing it would be to have her knife with extra blades in the handle. I will buy another of her knives just to have it on hand..
on July 28, 2015
I've used a regular X-acto knife before and it was a bit hard to grip for a long time since the handle was just a stick of metal. This knife is much more comfortable to hold and comes with a blade cover that does not fall off. I bought #11 X-acto knife blades to replace the original later on and they seem to fit perfectly. Of course, I'm a bit scared to use the knife without a cut-proof glove on my non-dominant hand since I do not want to injure myself. Just remember to put the cover back on before putting it down in case it rolls off whatever surface your cutting on!
on November 21, 2015
BEST AND MOST COMFORTABLE CRAFT KNIFE! It has a soft silicone coating that prevents callouses (like what happens with the metal handled knives) and its just the perfect diameter - substantial enough to hold onto without being too fat. It comes with a safety cap. This is seriously the best craft knife I have ever used.I tried so many before finding this one. I make papercut art full time and I have used this handle for over a year and have loved it. I buy generic #11 craft blades (not the expensive Martha branded ones) and they fit perfectly. Highly recommend.
review image
I purchased this to replace an old worn out Exacto, mostly because it uses the same blades as my old one, and I still had some spares left over. The choice was between another Exacto or this "fancier" one from Martha Stewart. I decided to give this one a shot.

Very impressed with the design. It fits my hand well, and the grip is secure and comfortable. I use the knife in my card making to cut cardstock, outline stickers, and clean up die cuts. The cap fits tightly, and is easy to remove, but not so easy that it might come off accidentally. And having the mechanism that loosens the blade on the other end of the knife, away from the blade end, means that you won't accidentally loosen the blade while working. The blade is held very securely -- no way it's going to wobble!

I'm very happy with my purchase.