Published on December 27, 2009 by Bladen's Mommy

3.0 out of 5 stars This is the first
knife like this that I have ever used, so I might not know what I am talking about. It did the job for what I wanted it for (cutting circles out of contact paper) but the blade seemed a bit dull and it was hard to get a smooth cut.
Published 23 months ago by waynewaj

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the BEST and most COMFORTABLE craft knife I've ever used!, December 27, 2009
This review is from: Martha Stewart Crafts Knife (Kitchen)
I've used the X-ACTO Designer Series Craft Knife which was pretty good compared to the others I'd tried in the past, which were the Xacto X3627 Black Gripster Knife With Safety Cap which was just ok, and the very basic Xacto X3201 N0. 1 Precision Knife which was by far, the most uncomfortable of them all. I was impressed with the Designer series X-ACTO one until I tried this Martha Stewart craft knife. It is so comfortable. It has a soft silicone coating that is so great and then it's not too fat and not too skinny. It's just right for your hand. It also comes with a safety cap that actually stays on when you're not using it, unlike the Designer Series knife mentioned above. I will definitely never use any of those other knives again. I wish I would have just started with the Martha Stewart one and had not wasted my money on the others, but now I know. This goes great with the EK success cutting mat. I have the pink one but the grey Martha Stewart one is the same thing, just a different color. I think that EK success is just a great brand. I can't recall ever being unhappy with any of their products!

*EDIT* I just wanted to add that this knife does take the #11 blades, so you don't have to buy the pricey Martha blades. I hope this helps=)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great craft knife., December 31, 2009
This review is from: Martha Stewart Crafts Knife (Kitchen)
I agree with the previous poster that this is the best knife I could find for my paper model hobby. I tried the standard silver X-Acto, but it was lousy for long cutting sessions, and I had one of the designer series that she mentioned also. The X2000 designer was great to use, but the cap would not stay on during storage causing me to stick myself twice with the blade. But the Martha Stewart Craft Knife is not only comfortable, the cap works great, and it is very easy to change out the blades without risking a cut. Best hobby knife available in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ergonomic hold & grip, February 20, 2011
This review is from: Martha Stewart Crafts Knife (Kitchen)
I tried a few different types of crafting knives and this one by far was better than the rest. It feels great in my hand. Just holding it w/o doing anything I could tell I liked it far more. It was great to use and I know I'll get a lot of use out of it. I never thought I'd really buy Martha Stewart products for my own reasons, but to be honest I'm finding her products are far better than most others!

4.0 out of 5 stars Needed higher end Exacto knife, May 2, 2011
This review is from: Martha Stewart Crafts Knife (Kitchen)
It never occurred to me that I may actually buy a Martha Stewart anything but I did. The item seemed reasonable and I don't hold Martha's pecadillos against her, being a regular born Nu Yawker.
A little preface. I got my money's worth for the genuine Exacto designer knife and it was time again to buy a new one. Well more than ten years use is fair enough.
Two generous glasses of a very nice Merlot weakened my No Buy, Ain't Needin' Dis Or Dat resolve for some reason (duh). Fair warning to all imbibers: wear heavy mittens when sitting in front of a keyboard with Amazon prominent on the computer display. (Disable one click ordering under any circumstasnces, even with mittens).
Amazon delivered my blade the next day. I am getting used to this remarkable crack like response. Their Prime membership works well for me as I order more small items than I could buy elsewhere combined and avoid shipping. Common sense rules here.
I have a firm rule (before the sun is behind the yardarm), ie form FOLLOWS function, so let's see.
Having received my so very fancy Martha Stewart Craft Knife, here's my exacting review:
The collet, which is the split piece of metal which holds the blade, is more robust then the genuine Exacto, doesn't loosen as easily and allows for holding more than the standard little blade with a little imagination.
The grip is very nice. I hope the rubber holds up as I'm a dirty fingernails kind of user.
As at least one other commentator has noted, there is no storage for blades. Without getting technical, I can see how this could have been accomplished without much ado but it warn't.
The protective cap, which is reminiscent of either a Buddhist or Catholic High Holy headdress, is way better and safer than the Exacto original, especially if you have to take Martha into the field with you.
The length of the tool overall is longer than necessary. Call me excessively imaginative but I visualize a fishing reel could be clipped to the outboard end for double duty and added value. Longer is definitely not necessarily needed.
Final roundup, form does follow function here, not too shabby for a simple knife, a little more thinkin' coulda been applied, (shoulda), but my purchase is satisfactory and I can recommend it to others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Martha Stewart craft knife, February 7, 2011
This review is from: Martha Stewart Crafts Knife (Kitchen)
I have been an avid scrapper the past two yrs and have used many different inexpensive craft knives much to my dismay. I decided to take a chance on a Martha Stewart knife and wondered why I waited so long! It has a strong grip feel, the knife is accurate when cutting, lightweight and it wasn't really that expensive. I am going to order extras to have on hand.
The drawback to this knife is that I didn't see any extra blades. It looks like it has a storage for them but it is not so. What a good thing it would be to have her knife with extra blades in the handle. I will buy another of her knives just to have it on hand..

5.0 out of 5 stars Works amazingly well, June 23, 2013
This review is from: Martha Stewart Crafts Knife (Kitchen)
This is by far better than any cheap craft knife you can find. My hand would cramp before with those knives, but this one fits much more comfortably. The blade it comes with is sharp, and very firmly held in place by the handle. Owning this has made me want to papercraft more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Martha Stewart surpasses Exacto Knife, April 5, 2013
Dswish (Jersey Shore) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Martha Stewart Crafts Knife (Kitchen)
The ergonomically designed tool stands out among the rest. The handle design brings your fingers closer and safely to the blade. This familiar handle design gives an ease of use. A bonus is the fact that the blades are interchangeable with #11 or the MS Brand themselves. It also follows the palette of Martha Stewart Crafts tools in beautiful Ivory color.

Blade changing is very easy and the protective cap actually stays on to cover the sharp blade when not in use. I highly recommend this product for any projects needing a crafting knife.

5.0 out of 5 stars By far, the best X-ACTO knife I've ever used., July 3, 2011
Kurt (Central Kansas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Martha Stewart Crafts Knife (Kitchen)
Title says it all. I've tried about 10 different versions of X-ACTO knives over the last 30+ years and this one has the best design of them all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Is it okay to be IN LOVE with a craft knife?, October 31, 2013
This review is from: Martha Stewart Crafts Knife (Kitchen)
Because I am. This knife is super easy to hold, and I no longer get cramps in my hand from crafting. Crafting can be a dangerous passtime! The blade this comes with is NOT the sharpest, but I already had a stash of the standard blades and those fit in there just fine. I find that, because the handle is so much easier to hold, I can apply more pressure and make better cuts. Using this knife just makes me so happy! Note: I'm a frequent crafter. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice design ..., September 29, 2012
L. Mountford (Bellingham, WA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Martha Stewart Crafts Knife (Kitchen)
I purchased this to replace an old worn out Exacto, mostly because it uses the same blades as my old one, and I still had some spares left over. The choice was between another Exacto or this "fancier" one from Martha Stewart. I decided to give this one a shot.

Very impressed with the design. It fits my hand well, and the grip is secure and comfortable. I use the knife in my card making to cut cardstock, outline stickers, and clean up die cuts. The cap fits tightly, and is easy to remove, but not so easy that it might come off accidentally. And having the mechanism that loosens the blade on the other end of the knife, away from the blade end, means that you won't accidentally loosen the blade while working. The blade is held very securely -- no way it's going to wobble!

I'm very happy with my purchase.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›