4.0 out of 5 stars Impulse Purchase
I saw this on sale here on Amazon, fell in love with the results in the picture and added it to my cart. When I got it I played around with it a bunch and I couldn't quite get anything to line up the way it should, there was always an extra space somewhere around the border. The corner punch was fine.

So I read the directions and saw that
"to create one...
Published 24 months ago by Nykki

I bought this to decorate my daughter's wedding reception card and the program. I only used the double arches and used it for the top edges of the cards and programs. It needs a little practice but was easy to apply and they turned out very pretty!! We like it.
Published on June 11, 2011 by YF

4.0 out of 5 stars Impulse Purchase, July 14, 2012
Nykki (Redwood City, CA) - See all my reviews

So I read the directions and saw that
"to create one continuous die-cut border, Punch your corners first and then then use the edge punch to connect the pattern from corner to corner using the guides printed on the tool's wings. Punches can be used separately"

Just an FYI:
"The page MUST BE A COMBINATION OF ANY TWO OF THE FOLLOWING MEASUREMENTS":
4" , 6" , 8" , 10" , 12"

Which isn't really an inconvenience, I'm just glad I know so that I don't end up making a card or whatever look like crap. (This is also my first border punch, so don't judge me monkey)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely design, February 11, 2011
Well-designed punch set. Fun to use and very pretty square/rectangle 'doily' look. Do make sure you are not punching on heavy cardstock. It still works but you will need a lot of punching power. As with most craft products, it's better to play with some scraps & see how it works best for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eyelet Lace Punch Review, July 20, 2010
Joan NIchols (WESLEY CHAPEL, FL, US) - See all my reviews
This punch is versatile for both scrapbooking as well as card making. Additionally, if you cut a 1" strip of paper, punch all one side, then turn the paper around, realign it in the punch and punch all down the other side of the strip of paper, you can create a beautiful border. This is a trick I have seen on T.V. and it truly works for many of the MS punches. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very detailed and pretty, March 5, 2011
If at first you don't succeed -- re-read the instructions. Once I did that and realized that the corner punch has wings that need to be opened for proper alignment, everything came out perfect. I'm mentioning my initial goof because I've read somewhere else that some people have trouble with the alignment, and this could be the reason. Paper size must also be followed accurately when punching all the way around. Once these two issues are resolved, these combo edge punches are simply amazing and easy and fun to use. I agree with a previous reviewer, quality of MS punches is very high.

5.0 out of 5 stars Martha Stewart wild flowers punch, May 4, 2011
This is a beautiful punch and I love using it. She really outdid herself with this one. Several of my friends have purchased it after they saw how beautiful it is

5.0 out of 5 stars So cute!!!!, August 19, 2011
I purchased this for making the name tag of my friends wedding. They love it!!! It's definitely worth the money. Very good quality!

5.0 out of 5 stars Flutter away, June 21, 2011
This review is from: Martha Stewart Crafts Punch Around the Page, Monarch Butterfly Edge Punch (Kitchen)
This is perfect for making those pretty pages even prettier! It is easy to push down unlike other punches. It is also defines the butterflies well with no straggly bits of paper around the cut outs.

3.0 out of 5 stars The double arches look very pretty, but doesn't work on a thick paper., June 11, 2011
I did not use the corner pattern because it did not cut well. Especially the top part of the outer loop did not cut out completely, I had to pull the paper out by hand then the loop may break. It works fine with a regular copy paper but it gets stuck if you try it on a thick paper. I wish this set is sold separately, then I would just buy the double arches.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but Cheap, May 5, 2011
Definitely a cute punch, but buyer beware. If you're using this for the occasional card or scrap book page, it's a great buy. Very cute, very easy to use. However, if you plan on using this for card stock or for frequent use (making place cards for a party, edging for wedding cards, etc.) this is NOT the product to get. I have been helping my roommate make decorative bands for her wedding invitations and went through three of these. One broke after a test run, the second broke after punching 8 bands and the third broke after another 35 or so. I don't believe the plastic housing and metal punch mechanisms inside are sturdily built or put together in such a way that it's made to last. Buy cautiously and use sparingly!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Pleased With This Punch, January 9, 2012
I bought this set over the weekend from a big box craft store. I am needing to make name tags for a work event coming up and loved the flourish corners and sides. The punch comes with detailed instructions for getting the two punches to work together (corners first, then sides). It also shows you and lists out what the paper sizes HAVE to be for it to evidently work properly.

I tried using it with the first set of dimensions they showed, and it sort of worked. However, the paper slides out and doesn't line up properly with the side paper punch and ultimately, I had issues every time I tried to use it with the inner holes lining up to one another, properly. Where the corners and sides were to match up, the holes would inevitably end up off-set from each other and it looked like I had been drunk punching.

I don't know about you, but I don't have the time nor patience to try to get this set to work how its supposed to, especially when I have 90+ name tags to knock out. Also, I understand in hindsight, but still don't like, that you can only use certain sizes of paper to get the two punches to work properly and line up with each other. Because even if your paper is the proper size, it still isn't lining up properly from my experience (I followed the instructions, I lined up the already punched sections with the template on the side punch. Maybe that is off and the problem???). Anyway, the smallest size you can punch ends up being rather square (too odd shaped for a name tag) and the next size up is too big (especially for a name tag).

I'm taking mine back to the store where I bought it. I'd rather do a custom template in cut-out heavy card board and use that for my uniform "punch pattern". Best of luck to anyone who does buy this though you still might want to save your receipt!

Martha Stewart Crafts Punch Around the Page, Monarch Butterfly Edge Punch
$14.99 $12.15
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
Rate and Discover Movies