Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Martha Stewart's New Pies and Tarts: 150 Recipes for Old-Fashioned and Modern Favorites
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on March 11, 2014
Who can question a recipe that Martha Stewart takes more than a normal time to investigate, experiment and
succeed. . Any book written by her must be perfect. . Who in the world can question her determination for
perfection in any and everything that she does, let alone have printed?

Renee Evers
on October 5, 2011
I bought the beautifully illustrated book for my daughter. She loves it and so do I. We made four of the pies one afternoon, and they, of course, were yummy, but we didn't expect anything less from Martha Stewart.
on July 2, 2014
I've only made a few recipes so far since I don't bake too often. The ones I've tried have been very good. I made the strawberry rhubarb pielette as a single pie recently, and my crowd loved it. The main recipe for pie crust is very good and buttery. I like that I can use the recipe for just a single pie with a crust top, or two bottom pie crusts without a lot of leftover to freeze. I saw someone post they had issues with it, assuming it's the main crust in her book, but I've never had issues. It rolls beautifully after an hour or more. If kept overnight, it just needs time to come closer to room temp to soften for rolling. Otherwise it's hard to roll till it warms some.

There seems to be a photo for each recipe, which I love as a visual person. The book is saliva inducing for me. I'm disappointed in the spine though. I have looked through the book on numerous occasions, but I have only used it a few times and the spine already broke in one spot. It's still in one piece, but the spine is showing through on the page that it broke. Will have to tape it in the future. For the rest of the book, the pages are difficult to keep open without a cookbook holder when cooking which isn't a big deal. Other than that I've enjoyed it and the recipes. Def recommend.
on April 28, 2011
I saw Martha make the tomatoe & zucchini tart on the today show. I tried it and it is excellent. So, I bought the book to try the other recipes.
on September 26, 2012
This is the best and most thorough pie and tart cookbook I have ever seen! It came quickly after ordering on Amazon.com, and easy to read with beautiful illustrations of each recipe. It is paperback, but large and very sturdy. The cover is a wipe free paper product which will be useful for we bakers who dig into the dough. Great tips, clear and simplistic instructions--and a variety of pies and tarts that would appeal to bakers for all occasions! I love that you can also use storebought puff pastry, which still results in beautiful home made versions. I hope to bake as many of the selections as possible over the holidays to give as gifts. I am already increasing my workout sessions as a precaution! Happy Baking!
on June 2, 2011
This cookbook is fabulous! I've only made a few recipes from it, but every receipe that i have made from this book has been loved by everyone that's tried them! I can't wait to try MORE recipes from this great cookbook. I'm not a huge pie person, but with this cookbook, I hope to learn to love them!
on October 5, 2013
Beautiful pictures, wonderful recipes and instructions for many different pastry and pie crusts, with detailed directions on how to make artful pie crusts. The buttermilk pie is absolutely a stunner in looks and taste! I will buy this for all of my baking friends.
on January 9, 2013
I REALLY LOVE COOKING BOOKS. I HAD PIES AND TARTS OF MARTHA STEWART ANOTHER EDITION, I LOVE TO MAKE A LOT OF PIES OF THAT BOOK. THIS ONE IS ALSO VERY NICE, I MADE 2 OR 3 RECIPES AND ARE VERY WELL EXPLAINED AND DELICIOUS. THANK YOU
on December 9, 2012
I looked at many pie books before purchasing this one. Martha's book is nicely done, with beautiful pictures for every recipe. I like that her crust recipes are made with butter and not shortening. Also, the recipes are easy to follow and there is a useful guide in the back with tips ranging from what to buy, how to decorate pie crust edges, and several different crust recipes. This is a keeper book and one I will use often.
on May 19, 2014
This is my 5th Martha Stewart cookbook and I love them all. Easy to follow recipes with lots of choice. Going to try and treat my family to one recipe a week until I work my way through the whole book.