Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Martin Archery 40 lb Draw Weight X200 60-inch Archery Bow, Laminated Wood Recurve Right Handed
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 12, 2008
The Martin 200 bow is an excellent bow. In a lot of peoples opinion, it's the definative mid-range bow. I've been involved in traditional archery most of my life, I've NEVER heard anything bad about a Martin! I've had one for years, bought one for my son, and couldn't ask for more. Martin has been in business for a long time, still USA made. My first bow was a martin, my mother gave it to me for my 11th birthday. I still have it.
The bad reviews for this product were for the price, not the product!!! I don't think that's fair. Martin makes a great bow! Please clarify this review.
on April 6, 2009
I bought this bow (brand-new, lefty version) about seven years ago at a hunting/archery/camping store for only $200. It's an excellent bow but don't pay the price they want here. You can find it for much less elsewhere.
on November 1, 2013
This is a great bow by one of the top manufacturers. It's great to shoot and #40 is a good pull weight for younger, older, and female shooters or those new to archery. The lighter pull weight means your accuracy is going to be better than trying to pull a #50. The bad reviews on here make no sense, first Martin does not sell THIS bow for $200, even older used ones sell for more than that amount. Martin is a large manufacturer and they do make some entry level bows, the Jaguar line that sells for $200 to $300 depending on the exact model. Martin bows, actually made by Howatt since Martin bought that company, are well known for being used 50+ years and still performing as if new. This is a great shooting bow with no hand shock and superb accuracy.
on October 28, 2010
I find this bow (40lbs) to shoot very accurately.
The bow does not stack at my draw length (28).
Bow is very light weight and has a excellent finish and construction.
This bow compares very well with any of my ILF target bow.
on August 24, 2012
Was nice until an hour of outdoor sun exposure melted it. No kidding. The adhesives let go and the bow delaminated. Totally ruined. Manufacturer took the position the bow was abused and no replacement was given.
Buyer beware seems to be the warranty policy.
This is not a reflection of the company offering this product.
on October 16, 2005
I bought this bow used at a local shop. It's really great. At 40#'s of draw it's a little heavy for most beginners, but the bow itself is very lite. The release is super smooth with almost no hand shock at all. You'll have plenty of power to shoot longer distances if you want. The only complaint I have about this bow is its length. It's a short bow so the limbs tend to stack up if you have a long draw (I'm around a 32" inch draw length for perspective). This makes it really tough to get through those last few inches to full draw. Overall, it's a great bow that I'd recomend to anyone strong enough to shoot it.
on December 30, 2005
Martin recurve X200 is an excellent bow. Martin retail price is $319.00, I was able to find it on the internet for 229.00 plus shipping for a total of $245.00. What I have seen with Cannon Sports so far seems to be way over priced on almost all items.
on May 8, 2006
You can go to about any other online sporting goods place and find the item for about $100 cheaper.