A combination of excellence and beauty, together with an extremely limited production, has given the D-45 Martin guitar a position unique in the history of American-made guitars. This prestigious guitar has become the most sought after and the highest valued steel-string guitar in the world.
The solid woods chosen for each D-45 represent the optimum selection for tone quality and aesthetics. Style 45 is the most ornate style of the Standard Series guitars. Each piece of abalone is hand filed, mitered and fitted into the inlay on the top, sides, back and rosette. The body, neck and headstock are bound in white boltaron. The traditional C. F. Martin block letter inlay adorns the headplate, and large hexagons designate the fingerboard positions. Gold-plated enclosed tuning machines are standard on this elegant model. D-45 top X bracing is hand scalloped to maximize the vibration of the soundboard. The neck is meticulously fitted to the body using a traditional dovetail neck joint. This guitar is equipped with genuine Martin strings and comes complete with a molded case.
- Solid East Indian rosewood back/sides
- Solid Sitka spruce top
- X scalloped bracing
- Select mahogany neck, low profile
- Solid black ebony fingerboard
- Abalone Pearl inlay around body w/Boltaron binding
- Solid black ebony bridge with compensated bone saddle
- Bone nut
- Gold tone Gotoh tuners, large knob
- Beveled tortoise pickguard
- 25.4" scale
- Strung with Martin SP4200 Phosphor Bronze
- Molded Model 640 hard case