5.0 out of 5 stars PURE BLUES AND AWESOME!!!
Published on January 12, 2005 by Michael Buckley

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
I love Keb Mo and this CD proves to me why he is so great !
Published 19 days ago by lovely traveler

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars PURE BLUES AND AWESOME!!!, January 12, 2005
This review is from: Martin Scorsese Presents The Blues (Audio CD)
I love blues and believe it or not, its my first Keb' Mo' cd. Where have I been and what was I thinking? This is one of the greatest blues cd's I have EVER heard. Its just blues in its purest form - simple, yet soul-ful, and so much meat it in, it takes time to digest it all. The arrangements are excellent - the piano or electric guitar will come in to enhance the mood or the lyrics. Its so wonderful that you HAVE to pay attention to it! You'll find that he pulls you in from whatever you are doing, to stop and listen. And what a voice - he was born to sing the blues! I'm overwhelmed - excellent musicians, great song choices, clever arrangements. This cd has it all! Next time Mr. Mo' is in town, I will be front and center! This cd is a fine wine, so sip it slowly and enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 stars., March 17, 2005
N_Joy (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Martin Scorsese Presents The Blues (Audio CD)
I must admit I had always thought Keb Mo was a little generic as a blues artist until I came across this CD in Scorcese box set. Put it in the CD player just to get a little better idea about where Keb is coming from and man was I surprised. This is really good. His cover of Robert Johnson's "Come In My Kitchen" is probably the best cover of this song I have ever heard. "Henry" is probably my favorite, just a nice smooth relaxing song. This is a good CD to listen to on summer night, it just sounds like summer to me. All in all I'm glad I gave this CD a chance because now I see Keb is a really great modern blues artist and there aren't many of those around now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delta Meets Compton, February 22, 2009
This review is from: Martin Scorsese Presents The Blues (Audio CD)
Oh yeah!...share this someone you love. A very sensual collection - and you can move to it. Exquisite production.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keb Mo is the Man!, February 15, 2014
This review is from: Martin Scorsese Presents The Blues (Audio CD)
I gave this to my partner as a gift, and it's been on on CD player every since. This is just some of the finest music anywhere, being played by real musicians with all their heart. Great songs, great performances!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Dad Plays This CD all of the Time, January 31, 2014
This review is from: Martin Scorsese Presents The Blues (Audio CD)
I bought this CD for my Dad. He loves Blues music and he plays the guitar. I have the mp3 version on my Kindle. We enjoy all of the songs, there's not one that we don't like. There is an old school flavor to this CD. the song choices are like a lesson on the Blues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Making Me Smile, January 26, 2014
BeeVeeLee (Phoenix, AZ, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Martin Scorsese Presents The Blues (Audio CD)
How did I not knwo about Keb Mo earlier? I must've been in a cave. I've found him now and can't get enough of his tunes. Good selection in this collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Love Love Keb Mo', November 12, 2013
This review is from: Martin Scorsese Presents The Blues (Audio CD)
Love Love Love Keb Mo'. He doesn't even know how good he is. Great with a band. Magnificent with simply an acoustical guitar and his soulful honest voice.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Album, October 13, 2013
I have always been a fan of Keb' Mo' and his collection of blues dealing with modern day problems. This album does not disappoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars A sentimental keepsake, April 18, 2014
This review is from: Martin Scorsese Presents The Blues (Audio CD)
This is a CD that I will always cherish. I bought this for the song "Henry" in memory of a great friend Henry Ramsey, Jr.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent CD and well arranged, January 15, 2013
This review is from: Martin Scorsese Presents The Blues (Audio CD)
Bought as gift for husband who loves the blues.. had only heard a few of his songs. Did not know which of his CDs to order, but through some of the reviews on here, ordered this and one more. EXCELLENT choice,,, so much beautiful music along with his velvety smooth voice.. I believe we both enjoy every song on it.. from the first, Soon as I get paid, to Henry, to perpetual blues machine, all 16 are so sensual and easy to listen to and draw you in..
He sounds a lot like Ray Charles, very easy to enjoy and get lost in the music.. you won't be dissapointed if you love good blues..

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Martin Scorsese Presents The Blues
Martin Scorsese Presents The Blues by Keb' Mo' (Audio CD - 2003)
Rate and Discover Movies