5.0 out of 5 stars SAVED THE DAY!!!
My fiance and I obtained a case of Scabies from a child in the family. Weeks of horrible itching. I bought this and mixed it 50% with body lotion and we used it like the expensive over the counter cream. Worked wonders and Scabies gone!!!
Published on September 1, 2011 by Jesus is the Easter Bunny

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well, but buyer beware
Published on December 19, 2009 by Mark B.

5.0 out of 5 stars SAVED THE DAY!!!, September 1, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars effective and very economical, March 31, 2011
This review is from: Martin's Permethrin 10% 32oz (Misc.)
Permethrin is a very effective and non toxic (for humans) insect repellent. It can kill insects but over time as its strength dissipates on the clothing or other area it continues to serve as a repellent. On clothing it can be diluted 20 to 1 for a 0.5% solution and applied with a garden sprayer for a very cheap clothing treatment. I recently us 3oz. of this solution diluted to make 60 ounces of solution and treated 6 pairs of slacks, 5 pairs of shorts, 12 pairs of socks, 8 shirts, and 2 hats at a cost of less than $2 in solution.

Buy this 10% or a stronger concentration and you can treat clothes for pennies. Pre-mix 0.5% spray is more than 20 times the cost of concentrated permethrin.

The spray needs to thoroughly coat the clothing to be effective and it lasts for 6 or more washings or one year, whichever comes first. No reason to apply at a greater strength unless you actually plan to wash the clothes every week over the course of the year.

Effective against ticks and sand fleas (used by US Army in Kuwait, Afghanistan, Iraq, and soon in Libya) to control the disease spread by these insects. With malaria bearing mosquitoes now found in more than 25 states in the US it is a good at home control method as well as being great for use on clothing worn outside the USA.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well, but buyer beware, December 19, 2009
This review is from: Martin's Permethrin 10% 32oz (Misc.)
I have used Pyrethrin many years for general insect control, inside and outside, with great results. In my opinion, it is one of the best natural insecticides available on the market. The reason for 3 stars is that I was not aware of the difference between Pyrethrin and Permethrin, and there is no mention of this anywhere in the product description. When I searched Amazon for Pyrethrin, both products came up leading me to believe they were the same, only labeled differently.

The difference being Pyrethrin is a natural extract from the chrysanthemum plant, and will not harm mammals, fish, or, birds. Permethrin belongs to the family of synthetic chemicals called Pyrethroids. It is extremely toxic to fish and cats, and has been linked to poisoning dogs as a flea/tick repellent. It is not as environmentally safe to use as Pyrethrin. Therefore, it is not the same thing, and I think buyers need to be made aware of this. Permethrin does work very well for general insect control, but I would be very cautious using it on dogs, or livestock for flea/tick and fly control. If you are looking for a "natural" insecticide, pay more for Pyrethrin. Otherwise this is a good product for general insect control, and is certainly less toxic than many commercial insecticide alternatives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Made 5% permethrin cream with this for scabies!, July 29, 2013
This review is from: Martin's Permethrin 10% 32oz (Misc.)
5% permethrin cream is used for treating scabies, a mite that can infest humans.
A 2 ounce tube of 5% permethrin cream goes for up to $80, so I bought this, mixed it half and half with skin lotion and it worked great!
It makes one wonder why Wallymart is charging $80 for something like this...

I figured this bottle will make around $2400 worth of 5% cream (not counting the cost of the skin lotion).

If you Google 5% permethrin cream you'll find I made a video showing how I made the cream and applied it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works! Really works!!, January 12, 2014
This review is from: Martin's Permethrin 10% 32oz (Misc.)
I purchased this product for a disadvantaged family suffering from a variety of maladies to include scabies and bedbugs. It's a rather large family, and when one family member would get better, another would be infected, so the cycle continued for months. They could not afford the product prescribed by their doctor but researched this product and felt that it would help them. So I purchased this product along with the Supher Acne Cleansing Bar for them. I saw them a few weeks after I delivered the product to them and learned that their use of these two products in tandem rid them of scabies. While a very sad story in and of itself, this product works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper than the Doc...., August 14, 2013
This review is from: Martin's Permethrin 10% 32oz (Misc.)
Ok so this product has changed containers, but I assume the rest is the same. I'll admit that I didn't use this product in the manner it was designed (to be used on livestock, etc)... but on myself. I had a bout of scabies and mixed this stuff with lotion to the normally perscribed concentration and lathered up. Was better in no time. So there ya go folks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product Good Seller, April 19, 2009
Kim (North Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Martin's Permethrin 10% 32oz (Misc.)
This is a great product. We live on 45 acres and have had problems with fleas, ticks, bull ants, wasps, and spiders. My husband sprays the yard about once a month, I spray the dogs each week and our horses when needed. You can not use it on cats. Our tick problem was so bad we could not walk outside without getting 10 or more ticks on us. We have a lot of deer that walk through our property which was a big part of our problem. It is so nice to go outside in bare feet and not covered with bug spray. I can buy this locally for $22 so this is a good buy. The delivery time was fast too. I have just started using it on dirt dabbers and wasps, works great on them too.

Update March 2014: There was a review that this would stop working after repeated use. This is just to let you know that after 5 years it still works great. We do keep spraying because of the deer and other wild animals that come into our yard. Our oldest dog is 14 so it has not hurt the dogs, one mare is 32 so does not seem to be hurting her either.

5.0 out of 5 stars WHEW! Stopped it in its tracks after 3 Doctors, July 2, 2014
This review is from: Martin's Permethrin 10% 32oz (Misc.)
Went to one Dermatologist a year ago and was shocked when he said I had Scabies. I immediately went to another dermatologist for a second opinion. However I did go to get a second opinion from another dermatologist who said I did NOT have scabies. He said more like pityriasis rosea or some sort of dermatitis (dermatitis is a name they give you when they do not know what it is).
I went because my shins itched like mad and I felt like I had bugs crawling on me but saw nothing. I had quite a few red spots on my shins and few on my torso. Meanwhile I did the Rx permethrin and then did it again a week later and about a month later it all went away. Second Dr. gave me 1% Hydrocortisone with 1% Iodoquinol. I think maybe I did have scabies as the permethrin worked.
First Dr. told me sometimes you will get psoriasis or eczema after treating scabies, and the eggs can itch for weeks after the permethrin, so the cream the second Dr. gave worked great. He also gave me samples of Rx Eletone and Rx Topicort which he told me to mix together and it worked extremely fast after I had done my permethrin treatment.
Also one Dr. Said I need to treat the entire family, the other dr. said only me and most peoples immunity system kills scabies and if my wife showed no signs not to worry about treating her. The prescription for the permethrin was expensive! I think about $75.00, so the permethrin on here is super cheap!

So all cleared up and 1 year later we went to Florida and stayed at the same awesome Condo on the beach. A month later I had 6 insect looking bites on one leg and 4 on the other that itched insanely bad. I never felt anything bite me, but the swelled up like a mosquito bite, one far up my leg almost to my groin. It took 3 weeks for the itching to stop and they still itch to this day 6 weeks later, but are no longer swollen. Then one week ago while exercising my groin started itching. Being a stationary bicycle I figure the seat was irritating me. I went to my Dr. of 20 years (the one that said it was not scabies) and like usual he said “put Hydrocortisone and 1% iodoquinol on it (1% Iodoquinol is a mild antifungal, so if you use it do not let the pharmacist talk you into over the counter hydrocortisone cream). Great thing about these two is you can use them every day and they are not rough on your skin (he told me).
So I did as he said and it just got worse. Itching, red bumps and my worst fear it was spreading. One weird thing which I also told my doctor was my nose was very itchy on the inside edges on both nostrils. He said that was probably a cold, so I blew it off.
Then had itching behind my knee caps (both places had previous bug bites), then it started under one armpit, my worst fear scabies again? He did ask me if I had gone anywhere and I said no, but then it hit me later that it had been exactly a month that I went to Florida, just like last year!
I called my Dr. again and of course he was booked up and also going out of town for a week so I panicked and started searching the net. He would not prescribe me permethrin without doing a scrap test! I could not wait a week to see him, I was itching like mad and it was spreading! I had a small amount of prescription permethrin I used in the groin area and it stopped immediately. With all of my research I found permethrin was just pesticide mixed with cream! I found this on Amazon and ordered it. By the time I had gotten it (2 days later) It has spread to both under arms, the other side of my groin, the tops of my legs, and belt line in the front on 1 side. I mixed a 5% lotion and applied that evening. I was even showing red dots running down my under arms to my inside elbow. I left it on overnight and the next day I had red welts all over my stomach, (I believe this was from mites trying to borough from the poison) 0 on my back. I think the only reason I did not get it on my back is because I was not scratching my back. Scabies like soft tissue and in between fingers, elbows, behind knee caps, groin and stomach. Fact: The spreading stopped as soon as I did the treatment. However the itching was so intense it literally gave me goose bumps. No sleep and it itched like hell in the AM and in bed. I still have an itch 1 week after the treatment, but it is residing each day.
With the itching so bad I made an appointment with yet another new Dermatologist and went to see him. He also laughed at the idea of scabies. I said then what is it? He said I had an allergic reaction to something (DOH). I said I got this (not near as bad) exactly 1 year prior after going on the same vacation, same condo. He said to not go on vacation any more as he laughed. I did not find this amusing. I think maybe the first Dr. was correct however, I had seen the second two doctors after I had treated it and it looked different or something. Do your research on scabies, they are hard to diagnose and Wikipedia has an excellent article about them. Not everyone has tunnels or paths on them and you can itch up to 2 months after treatment!
My point was, permethrin is not going to hurt to do it, with as many mites on the human body as there are people in the USA, it could even be a new mite no one has heard of.
So this stuff really works! Whatever the heck I had it stopped spreading and I am going to do a second treatment tonight. Wash all of your sheets, comforters, towels etc. I even mixed 5% with some with water and sprayed the couch and around my desk at work. I swear I could feel them jumping on my legs but could never see them. Wife totally not infected.
Also the last Dr. did put me on Prednisone for 2 wonderful weeks and gave me an Rx for Fluocinonide .005% (Another steroid on top of a steroid). The Fluocinonide seems to make it feel like fiberglass stuck in me, so that was a no go.
Some things that absolutely helped the itch: Harvest Moon Neem shampoo (dandruff shampoo). It has a ton of natural neem in it and smells good and is supposed to work on itchy scalp. It also kills head lice. I rubbed it all over and soaked for a few minutes and washed it off. Keep in mind hot water makes this itch like you have never itched in your life. So take a cool shower. The neem shampoo will keep me from itching for almost all day. Then I break out Itch-X and curicaine. Both work really well and do not leave you greasy like the Fluocinonide.
I hope this actually helps someone, crazy how 3 different Dr.s will give you 3 different opinions. This is a absolute nightmare, any information is greatly appreciated.
O another thing: prescription Permethrin ingredients (made by Actavis Mid Atlantic) are as follows:
Active ingredients: 5% Permethrin
Inactive ingredients: Butylated hydroxytoluene,carbomer 934P, Coconut Oil, glycerin, glyceryl stearate, isopropyl myristate, lanolin alcohols, light mineral oil, polyoxyethylene cetyl ethers, purified water, and sodium hydroxide.
1 mg of formaldehyde 1 mg (.01%) is added as a preservative (Hmm why would it need a preservative?)

5.0 out of 5 stars Homebrew for mosquito proofing clothing, March 1, 2011
This review is from: Martin's Permethrin 10% 32oz (Misc.)
In my travels to tropical locations thru out the world...mosquitoes have had their fair share of me (actually, not literally). They've eaten me alive and I've spent a large amount of money to minimize their effect on my travels. I purchased mosquito-proof clothing (very expensive) and then used Permethrin based applications to treat my personal garments (which is still costly). Now I just purchase Permethrin and mix it with water to 5%-10% and spray it sparingly on my clothing and let it dry completely...and Viola! The savings is huge and most of all...it works just as well as all the previous methods and purchases I made or used.Every piece of clothing except my underwear is mosquito-proof when I travel and I haven't been bitten for years like I use to...take it, I still get a bite or two here and there, but that's because I might have forgotten to apply insect repellent to most exposed areas.

You can find useful tips and recipes for doing you mosquito-proofing of your clothing on the Internet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing for treating gear against chiggers and ticks, January 15, 2013
This review is from: Martin's Permethrin 10% 32oz (Misc.)
I live in Missouri where ticks and chiggers can literally tear you up. I learned out to apply a diluted mixture of permethrin to all of my gear and outer clothes including socks and shoes; it's a real pain to do since you have to let the times air dry for a few hours after spraying them with the diluted mixture but in all my years of being in the outdoors I've never found anything that is as effective at keeping bugs at bay than this. I haven't noticed any staining and it works with misquitoes as well but the main reason I love it is becasue of how effective it is against ticks and chiggers. It's make my life in the woods of Missouri a 100% better; if you've never tried it, you owe it to yourself; just be sure to mix it right and keep it away from cats while it's in it's wet form; it's basically like nerve gas to cats; once dry it's no longer a danger to them.
Gideon