Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Marttiini Condor Finland Timberjack Utility Hunter Carbon Steel Blade 2 Tone Finish Knife
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on October 1, 2012
I have several of these little knives. They also provide a stainless knife with very similar specs. This carbon steel version is a little less expensive and very utilitarian. The grip is very comfortable and the blade shape and edge geometry result in a knife that is designed to cut. I realize that may sound like a ridiculous statement regarding a knife. However, anyone who collects knives and follows trends in knife construction will recognize that there are many knives on the market these days that sell based primarily on their "cool factor." They look amazing and may be constructed from high quality material, but their blade designs are very lacking. Many of them are made from steel that is too thick and has not been ground properly. This results in steep grinds that end up scraping the material you intend to cut rather than actually slicing through it. This knife is inexpensive, holds a good edge (if sharpened properly) and is designed to efficiently cut. It is carbon steel, so it will rust. This is not an issue at all if you keep it clean and dry. The plastic sheath may seem flimsy to some, but it serves its purpose. For what it's worth, I also purchased a few of the stainless versions of this knife. I was curious about tang length, so I used a dremel to remove the handle. I was very pleased to find that the hidden tang ran through the entire length of the handle. Anyone who knows anything about knife construction will recognize that this is a strong, solid design. Since this knife is built from the same template, I assume it has a comparable tang. For the money, I really don't think anyone can make a mistake purchasing this knife. It would be excellent for anyone interested in an entry level bushcraft knife.
on June 15, 2013
I ordered both this and the MG Mora, and the Marttiini is a slightly better value. As far as appearance, the Mora's green color pattern and polish is slightly better than Martttini's flat black and forge-finish sides. But, the handle on this Finnish knife is much better than the (Swede) Mora, and the Marttiini's edge was noticeably sharper. Cheap, too. The Marttiini was about 1/4 inch shorter on the sharpened edge. How well the sharper edge holds up remains to be seen, but I think Marttiini is the better underdog in the world of Scandi blade knives.
on March 1, 2013
If you like the mora knives you need to check this one out!! I have owned both and can say i like this one better. It fits better in the hand and the blade is a little thicker, buy it you wont be sorry!
on December 24, 2013
This knife compares closely to the Mora Companion MG. I own both and like this knife much better. It is reported to be 54-56 on the Rockwell scale, with the Mora coming in at 59-60. I tested the Timberjack by cutting strips off of a railroad tie and then batoning it into the railroad tie 10 plus times. Finishing with pounding 3/4 of the blade into a hardwood stump and then prying it loose. I was very pleased to discover the blade was dulled but still sharp enough to cut paper. The knife performed just as well as my Mora. Sharpening back to razor sharp edge took about 10 minutes, same with the Mora. I attribute this to the simplicity of the scandi-grind blade angle.

I drilled into the rubber and discovered that the tang runs almost the entire length of the handle. Another win over Mora. Weight is in the 4 ounce range.

I have medium to large size hands. This knife fit my hand well and was very comfortable. I would go so far as saying it is the most comfortable/ergonomic knife handle I have held to date.The guard is hard plastic. The handle/pommel material is a firm but very grippy rubber. This is a big win over the Mora for me.

The sheath is functional but not at all to my liking. Similar to the Mora standard plastic sheaths but even cheaper. But for $18 shipped is not an issue to me at all.

As noted in other reviews, the blade is carbon and will need an extra bit of care over stainless. I much prefer carbon blades myself.

I immediately ordered two more and purchased a kydex sheath. I could not be more impressed with this knife at this price. I wish they would make the same knife in models with one and two inch longer blades.
on September 22, 2014
Let me start by saying this is one of my favorite utility knives and as for the carbon steel, I'm a big convert to it. I won't buy anything else now in a fixed blade - they're easy to sharpen and maintain. This particular one is sturdy and keeps a keen edge. Did I mention it arrives shaving sharp?
I've been carrying this knife for a bit now and have actually come to appreciate the plastic sheath. It's become dinged up and scraped, but it really protects the knife well and is very sturdy - plus there's essentially no upkeep as with a leather sheath.
Additionally, the handle is very well designed. I've carved with it, opened boxes, cut produce and skinned and butchered game with it. The design is one of the most safe, secure designs that I've had the pleasure to work with. The checkering on the rubber grip coupled with the bolster make for a very positive grip with very little chance of slipping forward and slicing a finger or two. Likewise, you can easily choke up on the blade to do detail work easily.
All in all, I would definitely recommend this knife to anyone who wants a quality blade for a cheap price.
on June 12, 2013
I love this knife. It was sharp right out of the box and well made. I hate the plastic sheath though. If you depend on the cheap loop at the top of the sheath to keep the knife secured to you, you'll be disappointed when you reach for the knife and all you have is the loop.
on August 1, 2015
Fit and finish wasn't as good as I expected, but this thing came sharp! Sharper than any mora, or spyderco, bench made, any knife I've ever purchased. The steel is a bit soft, but when used for its intended purpose, wood carving, excels, and holds a decent edge.
on October 20, 2014
I have one and love it! Its tough n strong. It holds its razor edge a long time. Bravo concealment made an awesome kydex sheath for it and I carry it everyday at work. Yes, it stains and rusts, but its a cutting tool not a decoration.. Great tool!!!
on January 10, 2014
I ordered this knife and the Mora Companion simultaneously. I chose to carry this knife as an every day work tool due to its pure carbon steel blade and its ease in sharpening and edge retention. After losing my first one on a job I immediately ordered a second to replace it. What happened with this second knife caused me to downgrade my review from 4 stars to 3 for the following reason: while using it to dig up an especially aggressive weed the knife broke off at the handle revealing a portion of the tang which is not much of a tang at all. It measures about 1/4 inch wide by about 1/8 inch thick. Not surprising it broke off so easily. I'm now carrying a Schrade Sharpfinger but I am leaning toward the Condor Sapien as a permanent replacement due to being of a similar size and design as the Marttiini but with the added advantage of being full tang and a higher grade of carbon steel.

This is still a decent knife for non strenuous use but for my purpose it just didn't measure up.