5.0 out of 5 stars no vignetting when used atop UV filter.
It was awkward for me to have to unscrew the UV filter and store it every time I wanted to screw on the polarizer. The problem with the cheaper, thicker polarizers is that they would vignette when atop the UV filters at the wide side of my zoom lenses. It is expensive compared to my $25 thick polarizer. Very smooth motion.
Published 13 months ago by John H. Hill Jr.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not meet expectations
I read several good reviews on Marumi filters and specifically this CPL. It turns out that this filter yields very soft images and is virtually unusable. I am very disappointed. I have tried this on both a standard zoom and a telephoto zoom with poor results. Back to back images show significant softness in the images no matter what I try.

I will not buy...
Published on July 28, 2011 by bsmith40

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not meet expectations, July 28, 2011
This review is from: Marumi DHG Circular Polarizer Filter 77mm (Accessory)

I will not buy Marumi filters again.

5.0 out of 5 stars no vignetting when used atop UV filter., October 15, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars As advertized, June 19, 2013
This review is from: Marumi DHG Circular Polarizer Filter 77mm (Accessory)
The Marumi DHG came with a great price, prompt service and it works very well for water-sports, etc. Smudging happens, but is easy to clean. I'm really happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, August 30, 2013
This review is from: Marumi DHG Circular Polarizer Filter 77mm (Accessory)
The quality of this filter is what I was looking for. I use this when I photograph landscape and water scenes. Quality was above my expectations.

1.0 out of 5 stars Multi-Coated? Really? Could have fooled me., June 15, 2012
Skippy (Delta, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marumi DHG Circular Polarizer Filter 77mm (Accessory)
I've been a big fan of the ND8 filter from Marumi. That filter cleans off nicely. I accidentally bought the Marumi DHG MC circular polarizer instead of the "Super" series. What a big mistake. On my first waterfall hike, I couldn't keep this filter clean in anyway possible. It kept giving me blue spotted reflections from the smearing as if there was an oil sheen on the lens. The best I could do was wash it under a sink faucet with just a touch of dish soap and then a final cleaning with Purosol. You know what happens when you overly rub & clean a filter like this; premature degradation of the top coating. What good is a filter if you can't clean it? Perhaps the "Super" series is the way to go? I don't trust the brand now for CIR-PL so I'm going to a brand I trust. I love my Hoya HD series filters even though they are higher priced. I'm out of nearly $70 now which would have been more useful for a Hoya HD. Don't make the same mistake I did!

3.0 out of 5 stars Just so so., August 1, 2011
This review is from: Marumi DHG Circular Polarizer Filter 77mm (Accessory)
I find that in no matter what direction I turn the polarizer it all looks the same. Built o.k., but not too much to the effects of it.

3.0 out of 5 stars It Is an OK Filter., November 9, 2011
This review is from: Marumi DHG Circular Polarizer Filter 77mm (Accessory)
I have used this filter with my Nikon 28-300mm VR lens on my D700. It did not improve the quality of the photo as much as other circular filters of smaller sizes which I have used. It is an ok filter.

Marumi DHG Circular Polarizer Filter 77mm