5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Protection for the money - Great value, October 13, 2011
This review is from: Maruson Technology SUG-B706NT Surge Protector (Electronics)
I bought this surge protector for my new Sleep Number bed, on which I spent a good amount of $$. Naturally, I wanted to protect my investment. The Sleep Number company suggested that a surge protector be used and listed very specific requirements for that protection. Namely as follows:
UL 1449 rating
Clamping voltage of 330 volts
Joule rating of 700 or higher

This particular surge protector was one of only a few that met all of those specific requirements, and at a price that could not be beat by a long shot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleep Number Surge Protector, July 16, 2012
Venissa Grant (Dalton, Georgia) - See all my reviews
Sleep Number requires a certain surge protector for their Sleep Number Mattress. This is the only place I could find one that matches the specs they require.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, March 14, 2013
I found this after googling for a surge protector to be used with a Sleep Number bed; this is the only result that came up. It works fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleep number bed specified at a good price, June 11, 2013
Unit works fine and feels like it is a solid piece of gear overall. You never know untill after you have a power problem if it does what you really bought it for though. After reading the reviews and reading the product literature, I am compelled to point out a couple of items.

1. The sleep number bed literature still excludes lightning damage even if you have a specified surge protector in its' warranty coverage. A surge protector that meets their specifications is "recommended" not "required." In other words, we aren't confident that even if you find a surge protector that meets the requirements we reommend, and you still have problems, you are still out of luck for help from us in the event it fails.
2. This particular surge protector advertises it has a $10,000 warranty for equipment plugged into the device. Cool! That will cover lightning damages to my sleep number bed! Well actually, maybe not. You must register the surge protector at marusonusadotcom as well as keep a copy of your reciept of course. When you go to the site to register there is no registration form or link. (Which is why I dropped it to 4 stars.) The site uses poor grammar, is very buggy and it eventually crashed my browser. I suspect your ability to actually redeem their warranty claim is similar to their ability to create a website.
3. I suspect all lightning strike/power surge claims will be through your homeowners/rental insurance regardless of owning this device. That said, it's 10 bucks. Give it a shot.

Update Edit: I did try the 1-800-maruson # listed on the package...not working. I tried the number in contact us section of the website and got a human. The site is now repaired and the Warranty/Registration Policy no longer takes you to the actual policy, but to the registration. Doubt amazon will let it remain, but I'll throw a direct link to the registration here: [...] I will now update my review to a 5 star as well since my concern was addressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars just what I needed, April 13, 2013
mrs handy (Huntingdon PA USA) - See all my reviews
I bought a sleep number bed and this is the one everyone suggested. It has too many plug ins than I need but, it's better too many than not enough. If it works like they say I should be ready for a power surge!!

ARRAY(0xac2ef1ec)