5.0 out of 5 stars Marvel Pewter Shield of Captain America Keyring
This is a solid piece, though not so heavy as to weigh my keys down more than necessary. So far seems durable --I've had it just about a month and no scratches on it yet, which is nice and something I was a little worried about.

Published on May 7, 2012 by tattered_focus

3.0 out of 5 stars Cool Key Chain
The Captain America key chain is pretty cook. It often sparked conversation when people saw my key ring. It had just the right length of dangle on the key chain in the car. My only complaint was that some of the red began chipping away over time.
Published 7 months ago by Mary Page

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvel Pewter Shield of Captain America Keyring, May 7, 2012
tattered_focus "tattered" (central WA somewhere, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marvel Captain America Shield Pewter Key Ring (Toy)

The only problem I have with it is the "Captain America" printed on the face of it --wouldn't a Captain America fan KNOW what this is? And if someone didn't, well then, you've just got a really cool patriotic keychain, right? The printed logo bothers me, but since it's my only complaint, I can live with it.

I would definitely recommend this to other Cap fans ...who doesn't need a shield of their very own?

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the Captain America Fan, May 3, 2012
A. America (Alexandria, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marvel Captain America Shield Pewter Key Ring (Toy)
I love this key chain. I am a big fan of Captain America so this was perfect. It feels heavy and well made. The other side has mini straps as if the shield could actually be used.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful keychain, but with one obvious problem (your mileage may vary), January 2, 2012
Christopher (Youngsville, Lao People's Democratic Republic) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marvel Captain America Shield Pewter Key Ring (Toy)
Let me begin by saying this is a beautiful and sturdy mini-replica of Captain America's movie shield. It's shiny and heavy and yet not so bulky that it will cause discomfort in your pocket (or take up too much space in a purse).

The chain itself is also strong, as well as the nice, flat keyring.

BUT...there is one slight flaw: the words "Captain America" are emblazoned on the front of the keychain.

Cap's shield is an iconic weapon/item that won't get confused for something else. Just like Thor's hammer, Batman's batarang, or a lightsaber from Star Wars, it needs no "branding."

Putting "Captain America" on the front of the shield reminds me of those terrible Halloween costumes we had when I was a kid. A decent mask of the character coupled with a mylar poncho that featured not only a PICTURE of the character, but also the character's NAME. In the same way the effect of being that character was ruined by the branding, so too is this keychain, which also has "Captain America" etched on the back.

That said, this is a minor nit and didn't keep me from buying the keychain. It's a great item for the Cap fan or for keychain collectors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Keychain!, April 26, 2012
This review is from: Marvel Captain America Shield Pewter Key Ring (Toy)
This keychain is great. It's very durable and looks just like the picture provided. There is no need to think twice about buying it. You will not be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars great quality!, March 22, 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Marvel Captain America Shield Pewter Key Ring (Toy)
This is a heavy pewter keychain, and the colors are vibrant and shiny. My husband is a huge fan of all things Captain America, and he LOVES it!

5.0 out of 5 stars One Fine Keychain, September 28, 2011
This Keychain is a bit larger than I anticipated, but it is definitely built well. The only drawback, is the chrome on the front star is wearing off, but the copper plating under the chrome, gives it a unique appearance and a well loved look. I have waited for years to find a Captain America keychain, and by far this is the best one available that I have found. Well worth the cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't yield back Shield!!!, April 9, 2014
This review is from: Marvel Captain America Shield Pewter Key Ring (Toy)
I'm a longtime Cap fan & had to get this after I saw the new movie.The earlier design of this key chain, had Cap's logo displayed on the front of the shield. But this one doesn't, this key chain is very cute with pretty colors & looks more expensive than the actual price. Very nice replica & doesn't feel heavy, even with keys added. It even has straps on the backside, plus Cap's & Marvel' s logos. If you're a Marvel Comics fan, you are gonna want this!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Key Chain, April 6, 2014
This review is from: Marvel Captain America Shield Pewter Key Ring (Toy)
Much bigger than I expected however it is a cute keychain. Nice big Cap shield. With this on your key chain you'll never misplace your keys or lies them in your purse. If toy are a Capt America fan - you'll love this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bigger, May 29, 2014
This review is from: Marvel Captain America Shield Pewter Key Ring (Toy)
I'm sure it says the size in the description, but it was bigger than I thought. It is very nice in detail and is lasting very well on the keychain.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cool Key Chain, May 26, 2014