Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Marvel Knights: InHumans
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: DVD|Change

If you are not in any way familiar with motion comics, I am not sure what particular motion comic would be the best introduction for you, but this is not a bad way to begin. Like the writer of this series, Paul Jenkins, I had never heard of The Inhumans, but this really worked to my advantage, to learn of The Inhumans in this way. I think my father-in-law has perhaps mentioned The Inhumans, but his comic collection is so, AWESOME!, that because he has told me so much about Marvel & its history, this title would have been lost in the shuffle. Before I was injured, I was a freelance illustrator, primarily drawing & painting portraits. Until my father-in-law pulled out some of his comics, it had been over 20 years since I had looked at a comic book. I was depressed at how my gift was & is severely affected, yet he kind of brought me full circle with my art and its beginnings, and enjoying the art of others became strangely therapeutic for me, at least emotionally & mentally. I could never marry comic art with the realism of portraiture, so I was unexpectedly re~freshed from this, and it has been juvenescent for me. This is said to help you understand my particular perspective and why you should not be discouraged by what some other reviews have said. To be sure, motion comics ARE NOT traditional animations. These are works that are being created from artwork that was not originally intended for animation, so the look and feel is pausingly unseductive yet attractively unique, peculiar yet fascinating, all at the same time. Iron Man: Extremis was my introduction to motion comics, as I first discovered it on iTunes. It was not until the 3rd episode that I became aware that these were being made from comic books, and that element was intriguing. I immediately purchased the hardcover of Iron Man: Extremis, and I love it. But The Inhumans does not feel like Extremis, does not feel like Thor & Loki: Blood Brothers, does not feel like Spider~Woman: Agent of S.W.O.R.D. But, you clearly recognize that just from the initial and continual movements of the motion comic, they do not possess the fluidity of the morning cartoons, and that is what is so appealing. The decision making to determine how to bring movement from the limbs, the mouth, voices, backgrounds, while preserving and not offending those who know the comics while still capturing a new audience with a different feel of the same comics; that is just astounding and has to be applauded. If you purchase the DVD for Iron Man: Extremis, the artist, Adi Granov, explains how he could never have envisioned how comic book art could be translated into this medium. However, even he was pleasantly surprised that it was crafted particularly well for animation despite the fact that the art originally lacked the purposed foundation & scope for this function. For The Inhumans, I decided to watch the bonus feature first, and it paid off. It provides much background on The Inhumans, and the social implications and how they are tied in make this even more inviting. So much thought is put in to making comics, and depending on what you have been exposed to, in terms of reading and history, comics often repeat or mimic many ideologies, mythologies or theologies, re~packaging them and presenting them in different ways. The Inhumans and motion comics are an extension of these considerations, so with that in mind, give this a try. It is indeed different, but it is not bad.
on January 21, 2014
Really enjoyed this. Great story, interesting characters, a lot of suspense through the last several chapters. The art looked good, the motion animation was well done (and there's lypsynching, which is a must), the voice actors did a nice job, and the soundtrack served the story well. This was a long comic (I like that they did a full twelve issue series in one over two hour volume like this), and the length really let's the story (and suspense) build. Really well done over all. I'm becoming a big fan of these Marvel Knights productions.
on May 15, 2013
The Inhumans have always been my favorite heroes in the Marvel Universe ever since I was introduced to them through mid 70's issues of the Fantastic Four. The Inhumans struck me as something different and very cool. Their battles and team ups with the FF, Sub Mariner, Spiderman and the Hulk among others as well as the in fighting of the royal family itself was often created some of the best and most dramatic stories of all time. As often happens, I had stopped reading comics by the late 1990's and was lost as to what was happening in the Universe. I discovered the Marvel Knights Inhumans graphic novel while floating around on Amazon about a year ago. I loved everything about it. The art and the complex storyline drew me in immediately. This motion comic captures the novel very well. Keep in mind this is NOT full animation so don't expect it to be. Take it for what it is and you'll enjoy the ride.
on May 21, 2013
An animated comic. Comic book (graphic novels) panels with one or two moving parts, this might be a turnoff for some but I thought it worked. I also thought the plot was good, very mature. Of all of Marvels' superheroes the Inhumans were always my favorite.
on April 30, 2016
This is an excellent Inhumans story. The art is excellent, the story is outstanding, the music is great, but the presentation is awful. This story is broken down into a series of too short segments. To watch each segment, you have to sit through this ridiculously long title sequence that is okay the first time you see it, but then you want to make it go away and you can't. So you have to sit through nearly a third of the time spent on each segment watching this stupid sequence that you have memorized by the second viewing. Poor planning. They need to have a viewing option that allows you to watch the whole thing uninterrupted by the annoyingly redundant credit sequence. Someone needs to get this whole series turned around because all the other Marvel Knights animated features have the same problem. Incidentally,, I have no problem whatsoever with the animation methods uses here. They essentially take some detail of the printed page and make it move with relatively simple animation techniques. I assume this is way less expensive than animating the whole story from scratch. I not only don't mind that but I enjoy it as it gives a very interesting, arty feel to the presentation that is terrific. I just can't get past the repetitive titles micro segment problem. Mine is going to the yard sale!
on June 4, 2014
Personally I don't think this story added anything to the characters that wasn't already there Jack Kirby's initial arc in the Fantastic Four, but it is well done, making the Inhumans appear in a light that is more modern. Hopefully people that like this go back and check out the master's work, and see how these multi-layered characters were like that from the beginning.
on May 1, 2015
The story was good, I just don't like this style of animation. I think all the "Marvel Knights" dvd's are this style of animation. So buy one and see if you like it before you buy them all like I did. It's also done as a bunch of 30 minute episodes, so there is 5 minutes of opening and closing credits for each episode. It would have been nice just to push play and watch it without interruptions.
on August 26, 2013
I found that this DVD was a bit difficult to watch and follow as the stories while related to each other did not flow as I thought that they should have. If you have followed the inhumans previously you will enjoy this DVD - if not it may be diffcult to watch - Jeff
on November 8, 2015
Being a lifelong xmen fan, I had never seen / read anything about the InHumans (except Agents of Shield, if you count that). I really enjoyed this and found the story great. It was a really good intro to the characters.
on May 3, 2013
I wasn't familiar at all with the Inhumans before I bought the DVD. It was interesting. I liked it. I just wish the episodes were longer than 12 minutes each. I was able to finish the entire DVD within an hour. The animation was cool.