Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: DVD|Change

Before you make your purchase, please beware that this story is truly about the origins of the boy who would become the man that would turn into who we know as Wolverine. Before Professor Xavier, before Alpha Flight, before the X-Men, the battles with his nemesis Sabretooth(although he is definitely foreshadowed), James Howlett's early beginnings bear no resemblance to what his life would later become. The ferocity and strength he would later develop would not allow one to guess that as a young boy he was very sheltered, very weak and came from wealth. This is a history that I had never considered but Marvel has done well with choosing this for a motion comic. As the first review mentions, the voice acting is superb, and while I have to concur with the thought that Spider~Woman, Agent of S.W.O.R.D. is done better, this is not by any means not worth the purchase. I do not say this to merely suggest I am comparing one motion comic to another, but once you are smitten with one, your expectations start to rise even if you are not necessarily aware of it. Listening to the creators and understanding the process to produce the original artwork is a treat within itself, and for myself, I think Marvel would do well to re-release the original comics in their pencil form by Andy Kubert: it looks that good. Even the colorist Richard Isanove's approach to complimenting Kubert's works are fascinating, as well, so indeed, this gets a hard earned 4 stars.
on July 8, 2013
Another excellent motion comic from Marvel Knights. Remember, this is not a "regular" cartoon but a motion comic. It's not the same. The original artwork is intact with rudimentary movement added. The voice acting is very good. I did not realize how tragic Wolverine's early life was. Watch this to find out. Still, my favorite motion comic is "Spider-Woman" which, I think, was the first one and the mouths did not move. Each motion comic that Marvel releases has it's own unique artwork. I hope this form of art continues.
on November 25, 2013
I've never been a fan of Wolverine, but I like the character nonetheless. I'm a comic book reader who feels his origin should have remained untold as doing so added the mystique to him. However, this story did exactly the opposite of what I thought would happen if Wolverine's origin was ever told: it enhanced his mystique. This story is one of the capstones of Joe Quesada's tenure as Marvel Comics' Editor-In-Chief.

I enjoy the Marvel Knights animation series as I believe it exposes people like me who haven't read many of the Marvel Knights titles to some great stories that might be worth checking out via trade paperbacks. I'm always fascinated with how the animators use stop motion techniques to maintain the integrity of the original comics in both story and art. I believe this piece to be one of their best projects yet. I salute Marvel for this effort.
on August 19, 2013
What most of us have learned to expect is a current day Origin story and you'd be wrong to expect that given James Howlett's life span. This story takes place in the beginning of the industrial revolution during the character's youth and we witness his ability to labor, to heal from injuries, his learning of the existence of Samurai, and many other facets of what become his character. A must have for any fan of Wolverine and in some ways better than the theatrical film version.
on September 2, 2013
If you know this story, you know how important it is for Wolverine fans and how well crafted it is. This is an animated comic and if you enjoy the story and the animation style then this a no brainer. But if you don't meet both of those criteria then you might want to give it some thought. My wife will watch most animated shows with me but she will not watch these because of what she calls "that still frame animation."
on December 23, 2013
Didnt realize this when I bought it. It took me by surprise at first, but really enjoyed one of my favorite Wolverine stories come to life. If you enjoyed the book, and like motion comics its aneasy choice to buy. Wish they would have included that it was a motion comic in the description though.
VINE VOICEon September 1, 2013
I enjoyed this story, but it is not my favorite story of how Wolverine became to be. It is to the producers credit to try to tie up loose ends and entertain fans at the same time. Recommended.
on August 25, 2013
was kinda disappointing i have the comic & i was hoping for a more live action of it i also have the IN HUMANS as well and i had high expectations but i had hoped they could of done a better job on it story is good but the way to view it , if i had of known it was like this i would never ever have bought it.
on June 30, 2014
Remember this isn't a cartoon. It's a moving book. If you think motion comics are weird this may sway you. The story doesn't rely on action as much as most motion comics so you focus more on the story, and it's a damn good one. The voice acting helps quite a bit and they have a good cast on this. The story retains it's mystery and has all the misdirection of the comic. Clever story, well acted, and cheap! What a great combo.

If you like motion comics already this one is a must have. If you're not sure about them check this out and it may turn out to be a good ice breaker.
on July 17, 2013
I collected Marvel comics since I was 9 years old and read many a storyline but this no holds barred about abuse,control,and getting your own worth to overcome and road block in your life is what I took out of this story.I really enjoyed this concept of his origin and recommend this to Marvel fans,new and old.