4.0 out of 5 stars I like it
I bought this game because I was desperate for super hero games, and I'm not allowed to buy games that are rated T or anything worse than that.
Published on July 31, 2011

2.0 out of 5 stars Too hard... sometimes?
The difficulty really seems to be quite random. We had gotten through a part very easy the first time.. had to quit before we could save though. The next time we tried to get through we ended up giving up as it was just too hard (the throwing rocks with hulk part). Very disappointing considering the target for this game is kids...
Published on July 17, 2011 by Shane Courtrille

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, July 31, 2011
A Kid's Review
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Marvel Super Hero Squad The Infinity Gauntlet - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
Story: The story is kind of goofy. Hulk and Ironman go to a store to buy Thor some new shoes for his birthday. A skrall (that's how it looked like it was spelled anyway) has stolen Thor's new shoes. They jump onto the ship and find out that a bunch of bad guys are after the Infinity Gauntlet.

Graphics: Nothing special. On the loading screen there are two pictures of different bad guys, but the names beside them I could not really see.

Gameplay: The gameplay is what really makes this game. Each superhero has at least 5 different attacks and different abilities to help solve the puzzles.

Difficulty: Very challenging and tough. At first the bad guys are pretty easy to beat, but then they get stuff like guns, bowling balls attached to a chain, and a laser stick.

Value: It was about $15 at Big Lots, and I think it was worth every penny.

Okay, here are the pros and cons:
*pros
tough
lots of attacks
attacks vary with different heroes
has Spiderman in it (I LOVE Spiderman)
lots of different bad guys
lots of different heroes

*cons
boring video clips
bad graphics

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun playing with my almost 4 year old son, January 5, 2012
A. Hughes (San Diego, California) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I'm currently playing this game with my almost 4 year old son. He is able to perform the combat very well and gets very excited when he can do his characters "super" move. We have it on easy and while your character can be KOed, he also loves that he can come and save (revive) Daddy by pressing his "C" button.

The Pros
This game will make you laugh while playing and especially during the cut scenes
Violence/action is very kid friendly
Very standard format, beat up thugs, solve puzzles, beat up boss
New characters each level
He learned his letters "A", "B", "C" and "Z" quite well due to this game, i.e. Press "C" to throw the switch to exit the room

The Cons
No way to save until the full mission is done, which takes us close to an hour since keeping my son "on task" during puzzles can be challenging
I would have preferred being able to choose which heros to take into each mission in story mode
Some of the puzzles involve "timing" which is too much for a 4 year old (but I can handle those fine)

Overall we're almost through the entire game now and each night he looks forward to playing his "super hero game" with Daddy.

4.0 out of 5 stars side challenge, December 30, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
The Infinity Gauntlet brings Marvel Super Heroes to video game life in a kid friendly fashion. The idea is to stop Thanos from acquiring all the infinity stones; along with all the other marvel bad guys who have their own plans for power as the evil half brother of Thor(Loki) is trying to have all the power himself. The Skrulls, Dr Doom, Abomination also make appearances. The story moves you along through various episodes where two super heroes are teamed up to defeat the bad guys and complete the task to move on to the next one. In solo mode you hit the (-) button to switch to the other hero. Hulk and Iron Man start it out on the Skrull ship. Figuring out the episodes can be difficult; especially for a young kid but they do guide you along in certain ways as the story unfolds. You must listen to what the characters are saying for hints. Objectives may also be highlighted. I made it all the way through eventually. I agree with one reviewer who said the Hulk throwing rocks was too hard. But She Hulk tells you to throw rocks at the imp throwing the bombs at you. Hold the (B) button down the whole time and aim the remote at that window where they appear and the building will blow up.
Some episodes are lame and I do not like to repeat them. The shooting gallery style ones I do not like, the Donkey Kong knock off where Spidey and Reptile have to jump over exploding barrels thrown by the Abomination is grating. Feeding Galactus tacos and ice Cream was corny to say the least but it is funny.
However, most of the episodes are enjoyable and challenging. I really like the ones involving the Dark Silver Surfer near the end; especially Iron Man and the Black Widow vs the Surfer. It's fun trying to use the satellite laser to defeat him before he destroys the control panel and you.
What I am really hooked on is a side aspect of the game. I love playing the survival challenge mode. The other challenges are not that interesting: there is a smash one where you have to smash luggage/boxes with your super powers, the Iron Man robo racer is lame; it's so small as well. I didn't play the defend challenge or hack challenge yet. The survival challenge pits waves of bad guys against you and you have to score points by hitting them and making it for 3 minutes. It starts out easy with the lesser bad guys attacking you but after a minute or so the big boys come out and wreak havoc. There's the Skrull ship aft where you fight Skrulls and 2 Super Skrulls, New Zenn La is visually nifty and puts a variety of bad guys after you: skeletons, bugs, doom bots, imps, and an evil twin of the hero you are using pops out of a gravitational vortex to attack you, and then the Dark Surfer arrives around 1:30 in. The vortex pops up throughout the 3 minutes and sucks you towards it while popping out the evil twin. There's a construction site where a variety of doom bots attack you (watch out for the wrecking ball from above), and a bug rush scenario which is most difficult. The colorful back ground masks whether the bad bugs have an infinity stone which they can use against you(freeze you, instantly kill you, take away your ability to do damage, etc). I am stuck on that challenge mode. It is difficult and keeps me engaged. And it's easy enough to put down since it's only in 3 minute chunks it doesn't have to suck too much of your time.
I think the music is very good and appropriate for the Marvel Universe.
People may think it is too difficult for them or their child but I think it can be used as a learning tool for a kid. You have to think your way through the tasks before you, pay attention to detail and what the characters say in the story line to help you complete them.

4.0 out of 5 stars My kid loves it, but........., January 14, 2014
My kid loves it but would prefer Lego super Hero for Wii, are you realizing it? Why is just for the wii U?

5.0 out of 5 stars My grandson loves this game, April 13, 2013
My grandson asked for this game for his 7th birthday. He is very happy with his gift choice. The purchase was delivered with speed so I was very happy. Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars A Christmas winner, January 15, 2013
I personally know nothing about video games like this, but my 7-year-old grandson loved it. It worked perfectly in our Wii machine and was the entertainment for most of Christmas afternoon. YEA!

5.0 out of 5 stars superhero fan, January 10, 2013
Christmas gift to my grandson.He loves it.I love him so .It gives me great joy to see his joy.Great.Love it

4.0 out of 5 stars Just OK, December 29, 2012
Hard to understand what you you are supose to do on some levels. but the 6 yr old likes it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My boys ages are 10, 8, 6 and 4 and they all love it., December 26, 2012
My boys love it! They are ages 10, 8, 6 and 4. Very happy with this purchase. Keeps them busy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Times, November 27, 2012
As a fan of the cartoon. My son and I enjoy playing this game very much. Great game to have some laughs.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›