Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 11, 2008 11:05:15 PM PST
I just got the Fantastic Four/Silver Surfer set today. I've really been getting into old FF issues lately and when I heard about these complete collections, I had to check it out before they were all gone. I'm looking at this now and I'm just blown away. I like collecting Silver Age books. I buy them to read them, not to lock away untouched. There is just something about the look and feel of those old comics. However it seems that these days even something in Good condition is out of my price range. To be able to sit here an look at an actual scanned copy of Fantastic Four #1 complete with ads for Charles Atlas and X-Ray Specs... it's almost a religeous experience to a comic book nerd.

So OF COURSE Marvel stopped making these! Why allow people to own high quality scans of every issue when you can rent them access to incomplete runs of cruddy looking digital copies online?

Marvel, I would have purchased every one of these DVDs. But I won't be renewing my digital comic subscription, I can promise you that.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2010 5:35:52 PM PDT
Marvel didn't make the discs, GIT Corp did. Marvel just supplied the material which is up to 40 or 50 years old now. You wanna get on someone's case, git on GIT's case (pardon the pun).

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2011 9:50:57 PM PDT
E. Peters says:
@Eric Pregosin
Marvel discontinued these because they wanted to do their own online thing. GIT had nothing to do with them ending.

Posted on Jun 19, 2011 7:54:52 AM PDT
Git manufactured the discs, they made the deal with Marvel who made the comics decades ago to preserve. Therefore it is GIT's fault. The only thing to blame Marvel for is that they ended the deal with GIT. You have a good case, but blame Marvel for the right thing that they are responsible for. "GIT" it now?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Fantastic Four / Silver Surfer: The Complete Collection
Fantastic Four / Silver Surfer: The Complete Collection by GIT Corp (Mac, Windows)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (26)