Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: DVD|Change

on March 9, 2006
The voice is amazing, but I had no idea about the man, that's why I purchased this DVD. The documentary started out cheesy and I thought to myself, 'oh, boy, a second-rate production by a friend of a friend of a friend...' But as the movie progressed, I realized that I was being invited into some very personal memories and visuals of this amazing, peace-loving fan by his very current surviving family. I learned things that have completely changed my opinion of this magnificent creature, and have dispelled the previous 'gossip' I had always believed to be true.

I rate it a 5 if you want to know about the man. The visuals, and entire production I would actually rate as a 3. So it depends on you of that you are looking for. The man, or the production. I think it's a keeper, regardless.
Huge Marvin Gaye&this Documentary captures so many elements of the Man's life&the many things that went on in his Professional Life as well as Personal Life. he died so young&there is so much more Music he had to give to the World.I enjoy the footage&also the overall Presentation of His Legacy.this is a great Journey remembering One of the Greatest Musical Genius's to touch so many souls.
on March 8, 2002
I would not recommend this video to people who want to learn about Marvin Gaye. They give vague references to the events that happened throughout his life, and if I had not read his biography by David Ritz I would have not known what was going on at all. They hardly even touch on his death, and his final years. It left me wanting to hear more from his wife and children, but I guess it must be tough subject to discuss.
That said, the tape provides some rare video footage of Marvin. There is very little of Marvin on tape in the first place, so each second is precious. The live performance of Sexual Healing is something I had been eager to watch and it did not disappoint, except they kept interupting it and speaking. Also, it says on the cover of the tape "Special Bonus: Let's get it on", but at the end there was only a live performance of "Whats going on". Nothing major, but it would be nice to see him sing lets get it on.
Excuse the cliche, but this is a must have for die hard fans, but not for the casual fan.
on November 8, 2013
Amazing documentary. The film itself focuses on the last years of Marvin's life (England,Belgium, etc) but it features amazing interviews with Marvin, Frankie Gaye, Janis Gaye, Freddy Cousaert, David Ritz, Nona Gaye and many members of Marvin's band. You will also see an exclusive performance of "Sexual Healing" from Marvin's 1983 tour. This man truly was a "Divided Soul" but he gave us music that will last a lifetime.
on March 20, 2012
This was interesting and entertaining for anyone who enjoys Marvin Gaye. His life was sad and tormented, but I guess all of the things that he went through helped to make him what he was a really great entertainer for so many people.
on March 9, 2007
Extremely good!!!!!!!!! Even showed Marvin during his time in Europe when his spirit was healing. Was very good to see him at that time. To enjoy viewing those frozen moments of him is a joy. What a gift.
on November 25, 2011
Gave this DVD to my mother as a gift since she really like Marvin Gaye's music. She loved the DVD which explored a lot of his life journeys from his early beginning to up to his death. It had interviews (from Marvin & his associates) and clips from his great perfomances. She really enjoyed it and would recommend this to others.
on July 29, 2015
YES ENJOYED THIS DVD!!!! ESPECIALLY SEEING NONA AND BUBBY ALL GROWN UP AT THE TIME OF THIS DVD 15YRS AFTER MARVINS DEATH NOW 32YRS GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN HIS AMAZING LEGACY CONTINUES TO AMAZE YOUNG AND OLD ALIKE THANKS FOR THE GREAT SONGS PEACE
on February 17, 2002
Poor video quality. The best part is the concert under bonus, where he proform, Let's get it on & some Medley's. Other than that very poor quality. But if you are like me I love Marvin so I had to have it.
on January 21, 2014
I brought this as a gift for my Godmother and she loved it. Every since she received it in the mail I haven't stopped hearing about it. Defiantly would recommended this to others especially as a gift