Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on February 6, 2007
The Marvin 1500 watt quartz heater is a powerful little heater that's quite affordable. I work at home and don't want to heat the rest of the empty house. I needed a small heater to keep my workspace warm, and this model works great.

This unit has two settings: 750 watt (which engages one heating element) and 1500 watt (which engages both elements). The 750 watt setting is good for most times. The 1500 watt setting will quickly heat up the coldest room. The unit is a radiant heater which heats skin and objects through thermal radiation. It produces an instant warmth similar to sunlight on the skin, but does not heat the surrounding air. To overcome this limitation, the unit also has a small fan that fills the room with warm air. Together these heating methods combine to produce a strong, even heat bubble within about 10 feet of the heater.

Another nice feature (that I haven't had to use yet) is the heating elements are fully replaceable. My last quartz heater lasted 25 years before the switch finally melted, so I'm not sure how useful this is, but it's nice to know if one of the elements burns out I don't have to replace the entire heater. The heater's body remains cool and has a handle that allows you to easily move the heater even while it's on. There is also a freeze guard that automatically turns on the heater if the temp approaches freezing. I could see how this would be useful to keep a cabin warm when you are not there.

There is a slight rattle when the heating elements first turn on (this is common to all radiant heaters) and a slight hum as the fan operates, but otherwise the unit is fairly quiet. So far I have not encountered any negatives to this heater.
on September 12, 2006
I received my 1st 1500-Watt Quartz Heater and tried it out during an early cold snap and it worked fine. I had another place in mind for a 2nd unit and based on what I saw with the first, I decided to order a 2nd one.

I initially ordered this product based on some other positive reviews that I read elsewhere. I'm not giving it 5-stars for the simple fac that I haven't had the unit long enough for a fair evaluation but my initial impression is good which is why I am giving it 4 stars. I paid just under $60.00 for each unit, plus shipping of around $10.00/
on December 9, 2006
I looked up the company on the web and they have been around for many years. The heating elements are replaceable,,,not so with other heaters. I have used this during a cold spell in the teens,,,in a large room with a high ceiling,,,it heated the room great in a old house. I would have given this a 5 star,,,,but the winter isnt over yet. So far Im very satisfied.
on January 4, 2007
I've been using these Marvin quartz heaters for nearly 10 years. I love the shape--can fit into a corner and save space--and it is usually quiet* and heats well even on the low setting. I use the heater 24/7 in a bedroom, so I do use it a lot! The problem has been that they just don't last more than a couple of years and I have to keep buying new ones. Though the elements are replaceable in the newer models, that's not what breaks... On the first one I had (years ago but looked almost identical), the overheat alarm started coming on every time I used the heater (loud and scary). On the second, though the power light was on it just wouldn't turn on. On the third, it began to chatter like the fan was loose and I couldn't fix it myself (it wouldn't start up again once I tried). This is the best of the quartzes, I think, because it is quiet, warm & efficient, fits in a corner, safe, and doesn't overheat the floor in front of it. I just wish they could last longer (other brands didn't last any longer and had other problems like burning the floor in front of them).
on March 19, 2007
Simply put, quartz heaters warm the people in a room rather than blowing a lot of air around.

We've used this type of heater for over 20 years and never been disappointed. With minimum care, they last forever...we've never had to replace a quartz tube, for instance.

For best performance, remove the grate when the heater is cool and clean dust from the quartz tubes with a soft, damp cloth.

This particular brand and model is the best yet...

I bought two for my son's apartment because his gas bill was outrageous.

He uses one in his bedroom and keeps one where ever his friends gather~kitchen, den, etc.

He could not be more pleased.

Patricia K. Matthews,

Morgantown, WV
on January 15, 2007
I have used this radiant heater only for a few months in our basement and I really like it so far. I think it's easy to use, and has a large area to emit heat. It is up on an old metal typewriter table which has wheels and I can easily and safely move it around that way. It's light, but sturdy. It has a protective cage out front. I gave it four stars because it works great, except that if it's already on and you want to move it around, it would be easier if it had wheels on the base or a handle to really move it safely. I do feel warmer in the basement if I work in front of it, at least three feet away when it's turned on to the highest setting. I did this during a time when it was -4º outside and my basement was very chilly. I've only used one other portable heater, which is smaller, and this one works just as well, but reaches a larger area and has several other features such as anti-tipping and anti-freezing ability. So, I'd say buy it. It's a good price and worth it.
on October 5, 2007
I have 2 of these heaters and they are excellent! We purchased the first one's 2 years ago and ordered from the company new bulbs and had work done on them FREE of charge.
They have helped our utility bill as here in the Midwest, electricity is cheaper than natural gas in the winter months.
They are warm and QUIET, which is one of the reasons we like them better than other brands we have checked out.
The Marvin Company has been wonderful to work with and always replaced
our heaters when we needed repairs, and in a very short time.
on April 6, 2007
These are excellent heaters! They provide that intense heat up close and personal on those cold days that the central heating cannot overcome. We also found that we saved a tremendous amount of natural gas expense by using these heaters. The central furnace did not have to burn as often, and it was much more comfy to sit and read in front of one of these heaters. Almost like sitting in front of an open fire in the fireplace but without the hastle of hauling wood.

I give these a large THUMBS UP!
on December 7, 2006
As stated in online reviews, this is a high quality heater that has some unique features. My favorite: the heating elements are replaceable, which is more cost efficient in the long term than buying a new space heater. My previous heater was $30, yet lasted only a year.

The downside to this heater, which I have not seen mentioned anywhere, is the large size. A space heater should really be inconspicuous; the less you notice it, the better. This heater is the size of the speakers in my living room. It seems that the size could be reduced considering that many other heaters available aren't more than half the size of this model yet provide the same amount of heat.
on February 19, 2009
We are currently using a friends Marvin Quartz heater model 2060 in our bathroom where it does wonders and allows us not to turn on the forced air at all on even the coldest of mornings in California.

Prior to this our company used it in their office which was housed in a small room off an auto repair shop. In this case too, it warmed up the room in record time and didn't cause any overheating of the floor, etc.

I can not vouch for how long it will last. Our friend tells us he's "had this one for four of five years now and always turned it on full-blast!" He liked it so much that he bought another one for his home... must be why he hadn't noticed until I pointed it out to him tonight that the other was in our bathroom :-)