Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Marware Anti-Scratch Screen Protector Kit for Kindle Fire HD 7 (Anti-Scratch)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on October 3, 2012
I think most people are complaining because they just can't put it on right. It's pretty simple and I got it on the first try. Most people have not put a screen protector on anything bigger than a cell phone so this could be a bit more of a challenge. Its a great product and when done right it comes out perfect without a single bubble.

How to install:
Don't install it lengthwise. Laying your Kindle fire flat have the camera side facing towards you. Hold the screen protector only on the edges. Never touch the side that you will applying to the screen, you will leave a finger print that will never come off. Be careful to start at the camera and work your way out to the center all the way up the middle, working out all the bubbles as you go with the "tool" they gave you. This way you are splitting the screen in half, doing one side at a time instead of trying to the whole thing at once. Push the bubbles out from the center to the edges as you put it down. Don't try to lay the whole screen protector down and try to work out the bubbles after. Work the bubbles out as you apply the screen so you only have to push the bubble 1/8" instead of all the way across the screen. If its a really big bubble just give it a little lift to the edge of that bubble and continue on again.
44 comments|123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2012
I am able to put screen protectors on iPads and iPhones with no bubbles but I couldn't manage it with these. After trying it twice, I gave up. I couldn't bear to see my beautiful new Fire with bubbles on the screen. Yes. I followed all the directions.
on September 21, 2012
I received these today. After cleaning my screen with the enclosed cloth I removed the red tab on the corner of the protector as they instructed. It came off easily and I placed the corner with the black tab (that had instructions not to remove until protector was in place) at the top corner of my Kindle. I slowing peeled the backing down and across the screen, pressing out the bubbles as I did. When it was finally in place, I smoothed out the rest of the bubbles. Then I started to removed the black tab at the top corner. This one would not budge. I was finally able to remove the top layer of the tab but a thick white layer remained on my screen. I was able to scrape some of it off with my fingernail but the adhesive layer can still be seen. The small cardboard 'bubble remover' that was included also leaves scrape marks on the protector. Not happy with this at all.
99 comments|167 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 22, 2012
These were not at all worth the money. I have been able to put screen protectors on my phone and iPod just fine, but this was not so easy. There is a small space around the edges of the screen which it does not cover. The bubble remover leaves scratches on the screen protector when I try to get all the bubbles out, which takes a very long time. Now the scratches are an annoyance when I am trying to read. The tab that helps to remove the backing from the protector leaves a residue when I removed it. I tried to scrape some of it off, but it still leaves a residue. I only bought these as I wanted to have the screen protectors right away and this is the only available one on Amazon for the HD 7''. I wish I could return these. Do not waste your money buying these.
0Comment|110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 29, 2012
I've installed window tint on cars before and was able to get a perfect finish. These drove me nuts. As soon as I pulled the first protective coating off, there was an instant static electricity creation that attracted every dust particle in the room. I ruined all 3 trying to create 1 decent application. The screen wipe is the only item that actually works amazingly great. Every application had either too many dust/air particles or streaks left behind from the plastic tool. I'd like to see a sales rep install their product, using their instructions as written.
on September 25, 2012
These came very well boxed, and in a nice package. Easy to open. Instructions were well-written.

I have been using smartphones and tablets for some time and, while not an expert, I have applied a number of screen protecting covers.

These screens seemed to simply attract dust from thin air. It was extremely difficult to get on to the CLEAN device without some dust being trapped.

It took me three tries, and all three covers, to successfully get one on the device, so I could return it to my wife.

The fit is good, and the product seems well made.

However, I will continue to look for a alternative screen cover for the Kindle Fire HD.
on September 26, 2012
I have to say, I have had quite a different experience than most of the reviewers for this product.

Overall, I like the product and it seems to do a good job on its primary task: Protect the screen of our beloved Amazon Kindle Fire HD. Once it is on properly, you hardly notice it and the picture seems as clear and crisp as ever. I got this only a couple of days after my Kindle Fire and have had the first screen protector on my Kindle ever since (in which time it has been heavily used). It cleans just as easily as the original screen and just having it on puts my mind at ease.

That being said, it is not a perfect product and I have two complaints:

1) It is fairly difficult to put on. Be careful to follow the directions exactly and to clean the screen thoroughly before putting it on. When I first tried to put it on I had difficulty because one really, really small smudge was causing an air bubble to appear.

2) It definitely causes more of a glare than normally appears on the screen, especially when viewing the screen from more of a side angle.

All in all, I find this product to be adequate but would be open to trying another screen protector in the future if one becomes available. I'm torn between giving this three or four stars. For now, I'll give it four but might downgrade it later if it doesn't last a long time.
on September 21, 2012
I had to use two of them to get a decent application, even on the second there were still issues.

I had ones for the older Kindle Fire and they went on without an issue but these were not worth it.
on December 5, 2012
I knew from reading previous reviews some people have had a challenge getting the screen protector on correctly. I looked for a few tutorials on you tube before applying. Didn't like the hinge method at all.

Followed one that said to line it up first. Then peel back a small amount and anchor that on one side while checking alignment again. Once you have it correct, hold it with one hand as you peel the backing off keeping it in place.

Keeping the top part of the backing on, I used an old credit card to smooth out the air bubbles (the card provided is small). Once all of the air bubbles were out, then I peeled off the top part of the backing, leaving a smooth, bubble free screen protector.

I expect it to last quite a while, and won't need the other two for some time, but nice to know I have them if needed.
on September 21, 2012
Easy to apply, but the surface of these screen protectors give off a noticeable glare, which the Kindle HD by itself does not demonstrate.

See 1 answered question