on December 7, 2011
A quick video review of the Marware Atlas Kindle/Kindle Touch cover. I managed to get this at 50% off, and for that price it is great. At regular price it is, like most other covers, a bit over priced.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 5, 2011
I bought this cover to go with my Kindle ($79 model). While I love the look of this cover, I returned it after only one day. Why?

Well, first of all, because it is made to fit both the Kindle and the slightly larger Kindle Touch, the Kindle moves slightly side-to-side in the cover. I found this to be distracting when reading. Also, the four tabs that hold the Kindle in the cover looked awful, and I did not like how they felt on my fingers while reading.

The Kindle is all about the reading experience. The device itself should "disappear" while you read. This cover kept that from happening. I will wait for the official Amazon cover that does not have the corner tabs, and is made specifically for this particular Kindle.

That said, this IS a nice little cover, was well-made and packaged, and for some people would not be an issue at all. That is why, even though I am returning it after only a day, I gave it 3 stars.
1818 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 15, 2011
I bought this cover and Amazon's cover for the Kindle Touch at the same time, thinking that I was going to return the one I didn't like as much. While you can read my other review to see what I thought about the other cover, I'll go over why I love this case here.

Positives:
- This case feels very sturdy. I wouldn't be scared if I dropped my Kindle Touch from a 6 foot height.
- I love the elastic strap on the front. It keeps the front cover in place whether the case is open or closed.
- The hand strap on the inside is amazing. It makes reading for long amounts of time a breeze.

Negatives:
- It's a little bulky, and although that's what makes it protect my Kindle so well, I just wish they could have slimmed the case down a tiny bit.
- I don't like the four straps that hold the Kindle in place. They're ugly, but they're a necessary evil with this case.

I know some people had problems with this case being too loose for their K4, but since the Kindle Touch is slightly larger, it fits like a glove. There's no chance it would slip out or anything like that.
Overall, this is a 5 star case. It's by far the best you can buy for your Kindle Touch right now. If you're debating between this case and the Amazon one, get this one. It's higher quality and has more features to boot.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
UPDATE: 11/13/2011: Unfortunately my video review does not reflect the fact that I've had to return the cover due to the smell. I've revised the narrative of my written review to give more details.

I recently purchased the new $79 Ad-supported Kindle and had been looking for a cover. I was shocked to see how expensive many of the covers were, over 40 bucks in many cases, and I just could not really justify spending that much. And then, lo and behold, my ad-supported Kindle came to the rescue with an offer for 50% off a selected group of Kindle covers. I looked over what was available and chose the Marware Atlas, Charcoal colored cover. Unfortunately due to the odor of the materials used I've decided to return this cover.

It was shipped from Amazon in a bubble envelope which contained the Marware cover in an Eco package. Kind of funny that that an Eco package was shipped in a plastic bubble package. Oh well at least it was partially eco-friendly.

Immediately upon opening I was greeted with a very strong, off-gasing smell. It was really obnoxious and although I fully expect the smell will diminish with time, right now it is not pleasant to be around.

It's a basic cover that will protect your Kindle. The Kindle inserts easily and securely into the cover with 4 elasticized loops, one for each corner. It does not interfere with the buttons for page turning at all nor does it cover the USB connector, LED indicator light or on/off button.

When the cover is flipped open so that the top cover is behind the Kindle, there is an elasticized strap that you can slip your hand into to securely hold the Kindle while reading. To be honest, I did not use this feature as I feel my hand is at an awkward position for reading the Kindle. But in any case, it is there if you desire to use it.

One possible issue may be that the same strap when closed will be rubbing or at least pressing on the screen. It could possibly leave marks due to minor but persistent rubbing when being transported. I don't really want to have to put an additional screen protector on my Kindle if I don't have to.

I'm rating it 3 stars because it is a decent basic cover, and seems to serve it's purpose pretty well. Be forewarned however that the strong chemical smell from this product may bother you, the color is not accurately represented (I would have chosen black if I had realized that the charcoal color was so light) and the possible issue with the hand strap on the screen when closed. All in all, it's a decent cover that should provide adequate protection for your new Kindle and Kindle Touch, as long as you can stand the smell. Some have said the smell goes away after some time... I can't wait that long and returned the cover after 3 days.
1717 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on September 30, 2011
I just received this case and am using it with my Kindle (4th generation). The Kindle fits nicely -- it's held in place by corner straps that are unubtrusive -- the page turn buttons aren't covered, for example.

One complaint -- the material used has a bad smell, but in my experience, this type of smell eventually goes away. If it doesn't I will edit this review to reflect it.
1212 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
The smell. You are correct, it generally goes away in time. It's usually a combination of production processes, the materials used and a lot of time it's the adhesives. The product gets sealed up and never gets a chance to 'air out'. Unfortunately that means that the unsuspecting customer gets a surprise. It will go away, and we are always looking at ways to prevent this from happening.
on November 27, 2011
I was looking for covers for my new Kindle Touch that are made from faux leather. Marware Kindle Cover was the perfect one. It has 4 bands inside in the four corners to hold kindle in place. A flap covers the Kindle and there is another vertical band that goes over the cover flap to hold it in place. With this cover, my Kindle looks exactly like a book. The flap also bends and folds backwards nicely when you're reading your kindle and want to hold it with one hand. I am very happy with my purchase.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 4, 2011
The Case is Actually a really good fit for the Basic Kindle 2011 model and fits very snug and did not wiggle like one of the other reviewers had said. Its actually thinner then it looks in the image which is good. If it wasn't for there being a little glue showing on the strap that keeps it closed I would have given it 5 Stars. Besides that its a god Product and I certainly would buy from Marware again.
on November 25, 2011
I just received this new Kindle Touch cover! I had ordered the new lighted Kindle Touch cover, but it isn't going arrive until 2012 (can you believe it)---and I like this Marware cover in Charcoal so much, I cancelled my lighted cover order. The charcoal color is a medium grey and looks very classy with the graphite tone of the Kindle Touch. The corner straps are very thin and yet hold the Kindle securely. I like the elastic strap to secure the front cover, and I've never had a cover with the hand strap on the back to hold onto the case while you read---a real plus feature for the new touch so you can read and swipe or touch to move to the next page so easily while holding the cover securely. I can't find anything I don't like about this cover. It was advertised as one of the 50% off Kindle covers on an Ad on my Kindle Touch. So, I got it for less than $15.00. I think this offer is still good until Dec. 24th. Check with customer service. Or look back at recent ads on your Kindle. Now to find a good light? and I'm set. Edit: I see this cover is also now on back order. I guess it's really difficult for the manufacturers to keep up with producing covers.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 25, 2011
I got this for my boyfriend's kindle touch he received for his birthday, and I must say it's perfect!

I, however, was a little nervous because of the reviews others had posted. I almost did not buy this. Boy, were the reviews wrong!

First thing, the smell is like leather. More than likely its a leather imitation but like leather has a smell. I personally, think the smell is cool. (ever gone into a store that sells leather clothing? it's like that) Also, the smell is not powerful. You literally have to be incredibly close to the kindle to really smell it. Also, knowing that the exterior has been treated so much makes me feel more comfortable for the kindle's protection. (Waterproofing and what not)

Secondly, It fits the kindle TOUCH like a glove. A nice snug leather glove.(wink) I guess then I would not recommend this cover for the smaller kindle with the buttons.

BUT most importantly, my boyfriend who is a bookworm and missed the feel of reading a real book on his device LOVES this cover. He says it makes him feel like he is reading a real book and that's the best gift of all!

He and I give this cover an A+
on October 9, 2011
I got this case along with the new 4th gen kindle and it fits the kindle perfectly. The material is nice, price was a little high I never think cases should be as expensive as most are, but I would rather have as I don't really want to carry the device in the open. If your looking for a case that is cheaper than some of the others. Definitely look into this one.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...