Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Marware Atlas Kindle Case Cover, Beige (fits Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle, and Kindle Touch)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on November 1, 2011
So I was a little nervous getting this case. I had gone through a lot of cases for my K2 and just wanted one perfect case for the new Kindle I bought ($79 one). Until I could decide which case to get I got a Vera Bradley book cover as a sleeve for my kindle (a great choice btw) and thought I would just keep using that case. Then my kindle with advertisements shows me an advertisement for 50% Kindle covers and I know I have to get that perfect cover with this chance (Because I'm not about to pay $30 for an $80 device...) So basically for $15 this cover is FANTASTIC! IF you have a lot of money to spend then by all means buy it at full price. If you get the special offer on your Kindle, go for it and get this at half off. This case has the material of strong canvas with leather trimming on the outside - almost feels like a great hardcover book would! The inside is soft and dark (like the kindle), the straps work wonderfully and don't obstruct anything, and the strap for putting your hand through is probably the best idea I've seen in a kindle cover. I was a little skeptical about the strap that is there to hold the case shut (I thought it would be loose and be in the way), however, I was pleasantly surprised in the way it looks and works. The pictures don't do this case justice - just take a chance and I'm sure it won't disappoint. (This coming from someone who bought close to 10 cases for her old kindle and is only keeping this ONE for the new kindle!!)
1010 comments|639 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2012
I did not read the reviews prior to ordering, as it seemed to be a 4 star rating, but our cover came with an AWFUl smell, like bad gasoline. And now I see others have had the same problem. The box it came in did not smell, but once the inner wrapping was opened it reeked. It comes off on ones hands also. We are returning this, and do not even want to take the chance on a replacement. Never had this issue with an Amazon product before.. but this one is a bad product.
( BTW, we ordered the tan case, if that matters)
on January 10, 2012
I read some of the reviews for this item before buying and they all sounded great so I decided to purchase. I bought the beige and cream colored case for my kindle touch.

Upon unwrapping the case we noticed a very strong rubber tire smell. I left it out for a few hours with no change.

Despite the smell I put the kindle in the case just to see how well it fit. The elastic bands hold down each corner of the kindle and seemed to work fine. I put the kindle on the table and noticed that the hinge seems too short because when folding it shut the front does not lie flat or close completely unless you pull the attached elastic band that wraps around it in place. Not a huge deal but decided to point it out. My other cases for my other kindles seem to close pretty well even without the band in place.

Overall the construction of the case felt very cheap. It is very thin and the brown part of the case seemed to be lifting or bubbling off. (for lack of a better term.) Not super severe but I wondered if it would get worse in time. For $29.99 I am surprised that it was not better constructed.

Back to the smell. This is the biggest problem I had with this. It was so strong we had to take it off the kindle and put it back into the packaging. After taking it off, my kindle held the same smell for a short bit.

With all that we decided to return this and spend $10 more bucks to get the amazon case for the kindle touch. Wish I would of just gotten that one first. I also like that it does not utilize the four elastic holders to keep the kindle in place. Hopefully it is better constructed.

Lastly, if you can get one without the smell or bubbling of the material then this case would not be so bad but I still think it costs too much for what you get. For slightly more you can get something much better I think.
on January 9, 2013
I've used this case for about a year and probably continuously left my kindle within the case. Couple days ago, I took off my kindle from the case and found that the edges of my kindle (back cover) has been "dyed" with a shiny purple oil. The color looks like a black pen ink that leaked and then smeared along the edges. Looking at the case, you can see that the "edges" of where my kindle would be is definitely lighter in color. The discoloration on the kindle doesn't scrub off either, and I probably shouldn't use a stronger cleanser. I mean the case does excellent job protecting my kindle (I dropped it a couple of times), but if it leaves marks on my kindle, it definitely is not doing its job.
on March 22, 2013
Over the holiday, I was fortunate enough to recieve the gift of a Kindle. As an avid reader, I thought that it would make for a nice amusement, a novel toy to spice up the reading experience. Three months in, I've come to love this little device, and so it was only natural that I wanted to do everything possible to take care of this little gem.

I spent a little bit of time looking at my options, and finally settled on the Beige Atlas cover, and I'm really happy with what I got.

There are some pretty expensive covers that offer all sorts of perks and features, but I don't need zippers and pockets and all of that. I just want something that'll keep me from getting finger prints all over the kindle, something to keep me from worrying about the lil' one getting his hands on it and messing it up.

This Kindle Cover does that, while adding minimal bulk to your reading device. The substance it adds is quite nice, giving it more of a feel of an actual book than just a slab in your hand. The kindle fits in there safe and snug. In the end, I've gotten exactly what I wanted, and what I needed, and I didn't have to pay a whole lot for it.

I only have two slight criticisms. First, this notion of a hand-strap is absurd. Why anybody would want to strap a book to their hand is pretty darn silly. There are more sensible ways to read with one hand. Though, if I use the strap, it will probably be used to hold a piece of paper, a note or something. The second and more legitimate issue, the cover obscures some access to the power button. For the past three months I've been a "slide-your-finger-over-the-button-to-turn-it-on" kind of guy. Alas, these days are at an end. I'll now have to poke at it straight on. It will take some getting use to, but it really isn't anything to get all uppity over. I consider it a small price to pay for the comfort and safety the cover provides.
on September 24, 2012
I wanted a cover for my new kindle that wouldn't be bulky but would protect it. I read the reviews on many of them and decided to go with this one. I'm very happy.

The cover is less than an inch wider and longer than the Kindle, and no more than doubles the thickness. It has an elastic strap to hold the cover closed or open. So, if you drop it, it won't fall open and leave your screen unprotected.

The straps to attach the Kindle are snug enough to hold it stable. The canvas cover (beige color) has a nice grip to it so it doesn't slip in your hand. The inside is a very soft suede-like fabric that is like cuddling up in a soft blanket - perfect sensation while you read.

I don't find the straps holding the Kindle in to be obnoxious in any way. They fade into the edging of the Kindle and I was able to easily focus in on the pages.

As a left-handed person, I found this cover to work fine. I could hold it easily in either hand and quickly found my preferred positioning.

I can't think of anything I'd change at this point.
on October 23, 2012
I ordered this in haste without much forethought. It was cheaper than other cases but still looked nice enough, however one day after placing to order I decided I wanted the Amazon $40 leater case with the magnetic clasp and such. I tried to cancel my order several times, but it seemed it was too late by that point. I planned on returning my Marware Atlas (Beige) upon shipment but after 1 day of using it I realized... this case is actually perfect for me. Here is why you should go ahead and get the Marware Atlas vs. the Amazon branded covers... A) this one doesn't cost 1/4th the amount you spent on your kindle. B) The leather straps and the cloth strap that hold the kindle are very durable and have some elastic to allow multiple different kindles to fit (Would fit a regular Kindle, Kindle Touch, and fits the new Kindle Paperwhite the best which is what I have.) C) The beige color with the strip of leather border actually looks quite classy. Overall i'm sure both cases were 5-star worthy but spending just under 20 dollars and having it arrive just 1 1/2 days later made this Atlas one of those rare finds where going the cheaper route will definitely not dissapoint for once.
on November 18, 2012
I bought the grey version of this cover for my mom's kindle touch a year ago, and I really liked it, so I bought the beige version for my new paperwhite. I give the grey version a thumbs up, and the beige a thumbs down:

PROS:
*Both covers have a nice, soft interior.
*The hand strap is nice, and if you aren't using it, it isn't in your way.
*The corner straps that hold your kindle are totally secure. They hold both my mom's touch and my paperwhite equally secure. I would have to force my kindle to shift around.
*The grey cover has a nice feel and is easy to wipe clean.

CONS:
*The beige version feels a LOT cheaper than the grey one. The dark brown leather edge feels nice, but the beige body feels quite rough (I've posted a picture of the texture). I haven't taken my kindle out of my house yet, and the cover already has a dirty spot that I will need to scrub.
*The material that they use on the beige part (don't know if it is leather or what) is thin and of poor quality. It is probably glued to cardboard, and you can see the irregular cardboard crease along the spine through the beige material (I've posted a picture of the creasing).

I never noticed a bad smell coming from either cover.

For what is available at this price right now, I would still recommend the grey (or pink or black) but I would steer clear of the beige unless you really like the color and texture.
review image review image
on January 22, 2013
I like the bulky rugged feeling of this case for my Kindle Touch, makes me think it is actually doing it's job. It holds my kindle securely, I bought the beige so it has a nice and distinctive cover so I can find it easily as opposed to a plain black case. The strap to hold it closed or open has had no problems and the convenient hand strap is nice for when you are multitasking or just want to rest your hand from having to grip the kindle tightly.
on December 31, 2011
I originally ordered the lighted Kindle Touch cover -- but having seen the pictures and looking at other kindle covers, it just looked too flimsy and there was no way to keep them closed. I like this one because it is more robust and has the elastic band to keep it shut -- this is important if you throw it in a backpack or briefcase into which you then jam other items. The cover is only leather where the brown part is -- the beige part is a type of cloth that has a rubbery coating on it (maybe what the previous reviewer doesn't like?) -- which is okay because it is easy to keep a grip on and you can clean it with a wet rag. It feels good in the hand, fits the Kindle Touch like a glove, very securely. I bought the Belkin clip on light which works great with it. Couldn't be happier.