Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Marware MicroShell Folio Lightweight Standing Case for Kindle Fire HD 7", Purple (only fits Kindle Fire HD 7")
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on December 30, 2012
the only positive for me about this product is that it is purple,other than that it is a waste of any dollar. this cover holds in the heat of the kindle causing it to overheat and shut down. I can't believe that they we're not aware of this problem, I find it hard to believe that the makers/sellers had no idea and decided to put it out the anyway....
0Comment|116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2013
Within a day of buying my new Kindle HD and this case, my Kindle was shutting off on its own. I would be in the middle of something, and would hear a "pop" sound, and the device would shut off. It would easily turn on again, then five minutes later (or less), same thing. Finally figured out the CASE was overheating my device! WHAT??? I had to take the device out of the case every time I used it to stop from overheating. NO GOOD. Do not purchase!
on November 29, 2012
If the Marware shel was able to be used in both portrait and landscape modes, it would be 100% great!
on November 30, 2012
like the strap...love the color i got! only downfall is if you' re not using the strap when you close it...it will not stay shut :(
on December 23, 2012
The strap bends the edges of the cover and it does not open the way you would expect it to. It opens the opposite of the way a book usually does. I like the way the sound holes are totally uncovered and the Kindle feels solidly safe and secure in this heavy duty cover.
on January 10, 2013
I was skeptical about whether this case would be something that would protect my Kindle. However, it is a sturdy case and I am able to plug in the Kindle to recharge without removing the case. I am very happy with my purchase. One negative, it is hard to get it to stand - maybe it's just me.
on December 23, 2012
Works great . I love it :) The stand is great and I like the hard shell.Nice shade of purple too.
on December 28, 2012
Reasonably priced and sturdy enough to handle the job. Glad we bought this with the Kindle because it went on right away and began its job of protecting the HD! Easy to recommend this one because it's not so bulky that the Kindle Fire HD can't still fit in my wife's purse and go along with her. Came in her favorite color, too.
on January 3, 2013
This case is terrible, very thin and flimsy. The black cover part has a crease in it and flaps around. It's so thin that it won't stay put. The purple part of the case is thin plastic. I am not confident that this case would protect my Kindle HD if it happened to get dropped. The case also has very limited positions. I can't put it at various angles at all. Not worth puchasing. I did give it a try but returned it the very next day.
on April 3, 2013
This case is very well made, Holds on to the Kindle Fire HD tightly with no wiggle or fallout. I kept this in my big bag that holds books and much other junk and I had no worries about damage to the Kindle. The back of the case is very firm and does not bend giving great protection to the Kindle. The front is sturdy enough to protect the screen from scratches and bumps.
A suggestion.....At no fault of this product, I replaced it :) I did not realize the importance of being able to stand the Kindle UP.....not sideways. This is a fabulous case for sideways display...but if you plan on reading a lot of magazines......get a case that stands the Kindle upright.