5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect.
Published on November 19, 2010 by Laurie

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice feel, killing my kindle
Published on January 27, 2011 by M. Barnard

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., November 19, 2010
Fits my Kindle perfectly. Makes it easier to grip and I don't have to worry about fingerprints/scratching my Kindle. I've been waiting for a skin/case like this. I ordered the Graphite color and it matches my Kindle perfectly. Even the texture of the case is nice. Smooth in some areas and lightly textured where you need more grip. It isn't one of those sticky cases that attracts a bunch of dirt and stuff. It is just a simple, very nicely designed case. I couldn't be happier.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice feel, killing my kindle, January 27, 2011
M. Barnard (United States) - See all my reviews
I didn't think I would actually care about how well the colors matched, as others had mentioned, until I put it on. Looking at the keyboard, you can't even tell the case is a separate piece. Unfortunately, the edges around the screen aren't so seamless. There's some definite slack along the long edges causing the case to bow up a little bit instead of fitting snug. This leaves a nice lip for me to grab and peel up by mistake every now and then; not the end of the world, but I would have liked it to be a bit more form-fitting. The bulge also casts a nice shadow across the screen if the light hits it from the side--again, nothing that can't be avoided, but I feel like if it was more snug this wouldn't be so bad.

In the end it's a solid case, but with the somewhat loose fit around the screen (the most important part) I would have expected to pay maybe $12.99.

As for the material, the feel is very nice and, in the now unlikely event that I drop it, I'm confident it'll be well protected.

UPDATE 2/4/11:

After using the case for a while now, I've started noticing some weird reboots. They occur pretty frequently, actually, and cause my Kindle to lose the place of my current book. After playing with it for a while I realized it was static electricity not being dissipated by the kindle's body; weird, but understandable. A few days ago, however, I realized what the real culprit was: I took off the case, and when I did I heard hundreds of little static pops come off of it. Weird, as I thought silicone wouldn't have this problem, but clearly it's building up a good deal of charge on the surface and frying my kindle regularly. I've had it out of this case since then and have yet to suffer from a random reboot. Bummer, the case looked and felt nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cover, December 3, 2010
The fit is very good and it has easy access to all of the buttons and charging port. It is a little thicker than I was expecting and did add some weight, but after a few minuets I did not notice it. The cover is designed well and made with excellent quality. I had read some reviews of other covers and people complained about them being sticky, this one is not. It is smooth but not slippery. I was not disappointed and would recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good for the kindle, February 15, 2011
Unfortunately, I really liked the look and feel of this cover but it is not meant for the Kindle. After noticing problems with the kindle after using this cover (it would randomly turn on and off), I contacted Kindle support and was told this is a common problem when using these fitter covers. Wish I would have known this first!

1.0 out of 5 stars Returning It!, February 16, 2011
This product was causing an abundance of static which resulted in my Kindle shorting out and and constantly rebooting itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect fit, December 22, 2010
Lisa M (Clearwater, Fl) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
When I was looking for a skin for my new Kindle I wanted something that would not be too bulky, so I read through quite a few product reviews. this one had great reviews. Now my only problem was choosing a color. I was thinking of the pink, but decided on the graphite at the last minute because my kindle is the graphite and I am so glad I did. It was easy to apply and fits very snug. It doesnt add a lot of weught and I barely even notice it's there. I have no trouble turning the "pages" and the color blends perfectly! also, it isnt too thick that I cannot fit mt kindle in it's case with it on. I highly recommend this for anyone looking for a simple skin.

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential for on-the-go, January 3, 2011
I think that this accessory is essential for kindle users on-the-go. It almost completely covers the kindle with the exception of the usb port, the power switch, headphones jack and the speakers on the back. The keyboard and screen are also exposed. The areas of the cover near those openings is a little loose, however. It was easy to install and just slides onto the kindle. The page buttons work well under the cover. It protects the kindle well if it travels in a backpack or messenger bag. I would also invest in a screen protector. The cover is durable and does not scuff with daily use. The red color is bright, and the product pictures are representative of the actual item.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Protection and Feel... Bad Smell, January 8, 2011
Nathan Seltzer (San Antonio, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I recently dropped my kindle and didn't have the insurance plan (still don't for 40% of the price) so I had to order a new one, and when I did, I also ordered some protection for it. This case was my choice to do that.

The case is great in terms of the protection it offers and the feel. It doesn't cover or protect the screen or keyboard, but that's fine, because what I really want is impact protection. This rubber case feels great in your hands and offers superior grip and comfort over the kindle without a case. It is not "sticky" rubber that tends to pick up lint and dust. It remains clean.

This case does effectively double the weight and thickness of the Kindle, but that's just physics, because the kindle is so thin and light to begin with. This case makes it less likely to slip from your hands and has protected my kindle when I accidentally knocked it off a counter onto a tile floor.

The main con for this is actually the silicone/rubbery smell. It is actually so pungent that it can be distracting at times, and while the smell is slowly dissipating, it is still noticeable after 2 weeks. I figure it will probably be gone entirely after another month. This is the only thing that kept me from giving it 5 stars. I still love the case.

PROS
-Great protection for the kindle. Fits well.
-Great feel in the hand. Superior grip.

CONS
-Smell. The pungent silicone smell is a bit distracting while reading, but is slowly going away.
-Effectively doubles the weight and thickness of the kindle. Not a big deal to me (its still very light) but worth mentioning.

To me, the pros outweigh the cons and I'm very happy with the purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Causes Kindle issues!, February 22, 2011
I really liked the look/fit of this cover, however after using it for about a week I found that it built up a lot of static, which would cause my Kindle to reboot itself frequently.

Once I removed the cover the issue stopped happening. I purchased a regular neoprene cover and all is good now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good grip; a little thick, though, December 4, 2010
This skin is great to keep you from dropping the Kindle when holding it to read; it's a tad too thick for my taste (the previous skin I had for the 2nd generation Kindle was very thin) and I can't use the skin when I'm using the Kradle I purchased as well. Overall, though it's a good buy.

Rate and Discover Movies