Published on December 14, 2011 by SlightlyBookish

2.0 out of 5 stars Almost Acceptable
Published on February 1, 2012 by Sasha

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Form Fitting Cover!!! My jeans should fit this well......, December 14, 2011
I took a chance on this cover for my Kindle 4 and I was not disappointed. It fits like a glove and adds enough texture & padding for a non-slip grip while protecting my Kindle from bumps and making it comfortable to hold. Maintains the sleek form of the Kindle with minimal weight. All the buttons are covered and are easily maneuvered through the silicone cover. The only opening is for the usb port on the bottom of the device & charging light. Cover is easy to slip on & off.

If I'm carrying the Kindle in a tote or bag, I slip the whole thing into a sleeve (with the skin still on it) so the screen won't get scratched. I guess I could apply a screen shield, but the sleeve works well for this purpose. When not carrying the Kindle in a bag with other objects I just leave it in the skin. It's perfect for my needs. I noticed this skin/cover comes in several different colors (gray/black/pink/white). I chose the white and have had no problems with fingerprints or dirt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this cover!, December 15, 2011
I bought this cover because I was planning on using my new Kindle outside of the house, so I wanted a cover that wasn't bulky, would fit in my purse, and would protect the Kindle as well as make it easier to hold. This cover fits the bill on all accounts. Not only that, but the black also makes the words in the books really jump out, so it's not only easier to hold but to read as well. Simple and functional~~perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Kindle Cover, December 7, 2011
This product has met all of my expectations. It fits the Kindle like a glove covering the case to the very edge of the screen. It provides the protection I wanted for the device but still allows the Kindle to fit snugly in a Timbuktu Slim Sleeve. I like to use my Kindle freehand so my grip on the device feels more secure with the SportGrip Cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great accessory, worth the money, December 8, 2011
This review is from: Marware SportGrip Silicone Skin Case for Kindle Cover, Gray (does not fit Kindle Paperwhite or Touch) (Accessory)
Being a person that likes my electronics to look like new 10 years after I've purchased them, I bought this silicon cover. It protects the side scrolling buttons and the front menu buttons from any wacky hits they may encounter during use. Feels great to use too - almost makes the Kindle seem that much more sturdier. Looking forward to seeing how long it keeps my Kindle looking like new!

5.0 out of 5 stars Low cost, high value, December 13, 2011
This protective cover has the advantage of being comfortable, durable and light weight. In combination with a separately purchased screen protector (ArmorSuit, MilitaryShield cover - also excellent), my Kindle reader will go into any environment in safety and convenience.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits like a thick glove, March 17, 2012
I am another K3 owner that purchased the K4 based mainly on the weight and reduced size. I have always enjoyed reading my K3 naked, enjoying the feel and weight without a cover, only storing it covered. With the K4 I noted an almost flimsy feel and was constantly catching the backs of the page turning buttons with my fingers, sometimes substantially. Because I am Very careful with my stuff, I became concerned the buttons would be damaged. I don't know if mine is defective, having a poor fit or not, but considered options to address it.

Checking out the SportGrip Skin Case, by covering the back, catching the buttons would be eliminated. It works perfectly! It is tight fitting, but stretches for removal, I no longer fear scratches when setting it down on hard surfaces or even damp ones and it's now impossible to catch the backs of the page turners! All control buttons are well marked and allow full function, probably extending their wear and tear. I have improved grip, so less tension is needed for long-term reading (increased weight addressed later). Overall, it seems to offer a sturdier feel and obvious additional protection.

However, because of the extra thickness of the silicon, the Kindle is no longer the lightweight reader I was looking for. Maybe it's my imagination, but it seems almost as heavy as the K3 and I find myself setting it onto my lap or something to give my fingers a break. Setting it down is safer now, so if the SportGrip were half the thickness, or less, maybe the middle ground of weight VS protection could be found. I doubt perfect protection if dropped from a substantial height can be afforded unless placed in a "case", which is how I store mine. A thick version as one model, a really thin version as another option might work out better. The decals don't sound like they could offer that back or dust protection the SportGrip provides.

All in all, I don't regret purchasing this cover and will keep options open for the future!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but adds unwanted weight, December 1, 2011
I've been using a similar Marware fitted silicone case on my Kindle Keyboard since I bought the Keyboard version. I was very eagerly awaiting this case for my new ultralight Kindle since I absolutely love the way it fits the Keyboard Kindle.

One of the very best things about the newest, latest Kindle is how very small and light it is. I always read laying down and can get some arm fatigue even from the Kindle Keyboard or first-gen Kindle. So the new Kindle, weighing in at only 5.98 oz was a welcome change. It weighs no more than a thin pamphlet.

However, adding the silicone cover adds another 3.5 oz, admittedly not much but just enough to cause arm strain.

So I'm reluctantly not going to use this case. I've ordered a sleeve to keep the Kindle in when not being used.

Others may find the extra weight not to be a problem, especially if you read sitting or prop the device on your lap.

It is very well made, fits perfectly and the controls work just as well as without the cover. The only exposed port is the USB port and the charging light next to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits like a glove! Great!, April 24, 2012
Sparky (West Palm Beach, FL) - See all my reviews
Fits perfectly and very well made. It's really the perfect accessory for the Kindle, doesn't add much bulk, but gives you some protection. Feels great in the hand, it's actually much easier to hold the Kindle with the Marware SportGrip on it. It's such a perfect companion for the Kindle that it almost seems crazy that Amazon didn't include it in the box. I can't recommend it enough, I love it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Almost Acceptable, February 1, 2012
The case does what it says - it offers some protection from falls etc. by probably not letting it crack or chip. The material is really thin, however, so if it's dropped from a height or with enough force, it won't save your kindle from breaking. Hard case protector it is not. I'm not too pleased with the feel of the cover either. It feels a little too slick for a "sportgrip" so that my fingers slip in the back when holding the kindle up. Also, the cover for the buttons on the bottom makes it look very tacky; I'm glad I went with the black and not the lighter colours because if the buttons were visible it would make the otherwise cool-looking kindle look like a cheap plastic product from the dollar store. Lastly, I don't like how the page turn buttons are covered by the material. It makes the kindle less responsive than it should be. Because the material is quite spongy, and the sides are quite thin, the material sometimes slips over the page turn button instead of clicking it, making page turning a hassle.

In all, I use it because it's halfway between the very cool looking but non-protective skins and the protective-but-heavy cases. I'd wanted something that the benefits of both - but this wasn't the concession I was hoping for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Product, But My Nimble Kindle is Now Chubby, January 14, 2012
As far as quality, fit and finish, this is a great product. It installs easy. Basically, it's a single piece of silicone that stretches around your Kindle 4. It fits perfectly and looks great. The buttons all operate the same although I've had a few mis-clicks with the 5-way button because of the thickness of the case. There is no doubt that it will protect my Kindle against bumps.

Still, I'm a bit disappointed that it is as thick and heavy as it is. Mind you this is a case for the Kindle 4 and this may not be as much of a factor for heavier Kindle models. The Kindle 4 itself is 5.98 ounces and this case is 3.5 ounces adding more than 58% to the overall weight.

Also, the thickness of the Kindle 4 is .34" and the thickness of the case is about .5" (Marware specification says .5" but mine is somewhat thinner). Again not a lot, but relatively speaking, quite a bit.

While the heavier Kindles may well benefit from the great protection of this case, the Kindle 4 does not really require a case of this bulk. Given the lightness of the Kindle 4, it just seems like overkill to me. I wish it were about half as thick and heavy as it is.

I'll admit this is very subjective and you may very be delighted with this high quality case. But my nimble Kindle is now, well, chubby.

That said, of course, I'm going to keep it and use it because there really isn't a better alternative that I know of and maybe it'll grow on me after using it a while.

Rate and Discover Movies