- Size (LWH): 1 inches, 0.6 inches, 1.5 inches
Marware Sportsuit Sensor Case for Nike + iPod Sport Kit for iPod nano 3G (Black)
- Compatibility: iPod nano 2G, 3G, 4G
- Provides personal comfort and iPod protection during exercise and casual use
- Comes with the assurance of Marware's lifetime guarantee
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
A good friend recommended I give this pouch a try. At less than $10, there was really no reason not to.
The pouch itself is clearly finely made, with durable, elastic materials and a night tight fit.
As for accurasy, initial reports were less accurate than when I had it inside my shoe. So I put a little thought and testing into it, and now it's working flawlessly!
Things to keep in mind when using the pouch:
1) Make sure the sensor is inserted correctly (so it's oriented right-way-up when attached).
2) Place it as far down your laces as you can. The closer to your toes, the flatter the top of your shoe, which makes for more accurate readings.
3) MAKE SURE that it's TIGHTLY attached to your laces. The sensor works by measuring the amount of force you step with, which is measured as shock. If it's just floppin' around on there, much of the shock will be absorbed, resulting in incorrect measurements. Really crank it down when velcro'ing it on, as though it's a part of your shoe, and you'll get the best results.
And the best part? I don't have to buy new, expensive shoes to house the transmitter! =D
The Marware Sportsuit Sensor Case is a snug fit with the Nike+ sensor. The Velcro surface area is more than adequate to secure the pouch. The method of folding the sensor pouch back over itself helps keep the pouch where you install it, and works with the Velcro, not against it. Installing and uninstalling the pouch takes seconds. Without recalibrating the sensor, I get the exact same results with this pouch as receive when I run with a Nike+ shoe.
I've since given away or thrown out all of my other sensor pouches. This one is a keeper.
The second I put the sensor back into the Shoe Wallet, my accuracy rate was right back to normal. The Sport Sensor is gathering dust in a drawer now...
(As a side note to this, even calibrated, my sport kit has never been 100% accurate, and this is just the nature of the device. It measures impact, so if your stride changes a little, or the sensor's not on tight, your sport kit might be a little off. Mine is always very close, which is as much as I think you can ask for.)
The only negative about the sensor case is that, when left on the shoe, it does make it just a wee bit harder to tighten the bottom laces, which is important for both running comfort and accurate metrics. I can't take any stars off for that, however. It's only a little extra effort to work the laces with the case on, and it's easy enough to take off, if needed. Overall, the reward of using the sport kit with my Kayanos is more than worth it!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These work well and I've purchased a couple over the last 7 or so years. I'm particularly hard on mine because I run ultras and spend a lot of time in snow, rain, creeks and mud. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Randall W.
Simple to attach and transfer from one shoe to another. A good buy.Published 4 months ago by H. Zaknich
I've had this on my shoes for years, and it definitely protects my sensor! Well made and easy to attach.Published 5 months ago by Emma C
I've had this for a while and it works great! I'd leave it on all the time and it just barely started getting worn down.Published 5 months ago by Katherynn
Purchased a long time ago. Still works fine, No problems whatsoever. Great product.Published 6 months ago by TCH