Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mary Magdalen in the Visions of Anne Catherine Emmerich
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on February 1, 2010
This book can inspire many people. I appreciated the humility and honesty of Catherine Emmerich. She admitted that the memory of her visions was flawed, but at the same time, she was able to see true treasures of our spiritual history.
I recommend using this book together with the scriptures and making comparisons. But I do believe that while reading, it is prudent to keep in the back of our minds that Emmerich was very ill. I love this book, but it needs to be cross-referenced with biblical and other sources. I believe that Emmerich herself would be the first to agree with this point.

In this account, Catherine Emmerich stretches her clairvoyant capacities and informs us of all the details she can remember, while at the same time,warning us to beware that some of the information may contain inaccuracies. It complements the traditional Scriptures which give more summary renditions of events. I personality felt that the detailed descriptions of events and personaities of the gospels gave me a more intimate connection with the lives and customs of these people.

It also made me feel a need to compare my own life with those of divinely inspired individuals who felt the responsibility to make all aspects of their lives holy.I especially found it interesting to see how Jesus guided Mary Magdelene.

After repenting,Mary Magdalene was seized for the rest of her life with gripping remorse and endless love and devotion for Christ. However, it appeared that Jesus believed that she would not ever be able to live her life without attaching herself to others for guidance and direction, a role fulfilled by the Virgin Mary and later Martha until finally she isolated herself to live out the rest of her life in a cave.

I also felt that I gained insight into an important mystery of Christianity and the crucifixion. Following the death of Jesus, Mary Magdalene suffered much more than the other followers of Jesus because she felt that her sinful life made her personally responsible for the death of Jesus. Emmerich compared this reaction to the sadness of other disciples who nevertheless did not feel burdened with guilt to the same degree as Mary Magdalene.

Thus, Mary Magdalene is an example and inspiration for repentance unlike any other person in the bible.

If this book is used together with the scriptures, it is my opinion that we can get a fuller account of the events of biblical times.

I sincerely hope that people will also recognize prophets of our own times and that this book will circulate more widely.
on September 17, 2010
This is the only book I would recommend on Mary Magdalen so far, after reviewing many offered on today's market. It would appear that other authors take great pleasure in expounding the role of Magdalen's life to suit their own agenda's. This book gives an insight to the spiritual path of Magdalen, the depth of her various levels of conversion after receiving God's mercy continuously, and her tireless pursuit of union with Christ, that is not of the physical world.
on November 4, 2012
I love this book. I read it after reading the 2 volume set entitled, "The Life and Revelations of Anne Catherine Emmerich." After reading about ACE's extremely inspiring and amazing life, I am convinced that whatever she saw was authentic and true. This woman/nun is very pure and very holy and incapable of making things up. (You would agree if you read the 2 volume set I just mentioned.) She lived solely on the Eucharist and blessed water for many, many years. She was forced to enter a hospital for several weeks to be observed to prove she was not eating or drinking anything else. She also had many spiritual gifts. One of them was that, since the time she was a child, she would go into exctasy and see visions of the life of Christ. I found the information on Mary Magdalen to be fascinating. I could not put this book down. It also goes along with much I already read about her. For instance, Mary of Agreda was shown the life of Christ. She writes about His life in the books entitled, The Mystical City of God. The information in this book lined up with the that book also.
on February 6, 2007
Gives some good insights. Raises some questions, however. It describes Mary the mother of Jesus as having an older sister.

Per the Protoevangelium Jacobi, Anna and Joacim were childless before the birth of Mary.
66 comments|25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2010
This book gave me an incredible look at Jesus' life and a different was of looking at repentance. Faith inspiring.
on January 16, 2015
Arrived on time in good condition. I read the author's book on the Blessed Mother and loved it. I ordered this one and though Anne Catherine Emmerich was a mystic, I think Catholics would be interested to know that she was a nun who lived in Germany several hundred years ago and had the marks of Christ's passion (she had the stigmata). She is Blessed, which is one step away from sainthood. There is so much in her books and rich in detail. Nothing seems to conflict with the Bible and she is widely read.
on July 6, 2013
The works of Anna Catherine Emmerich are nothing short of totally amazing! They reveal information about whatever her subject that cannot be gained in any other place or fashion. I have read, as Ebooks and hard copies, all the books she has written, and, thus, have been more than enlightened. This latest of my purchases of Blessed Sr. Emmerich's books - "Mary Magdalen: In the Visions of Anne Catherine Emmerich," is just astounding. Blessed Sr. Emmerich "sees" things as they "are happening," i.e., she is there in her visions, and relays what she sees in exquisite detail. First alerted to Sr. Emmerich by my priest, I am now recommending her books to everyone I know, as she is able to answer all the questions I have had my entire life. These books hold everything you ever wanted to know, about what REALLY happened, from the beginning of creation to the death of the Blessed Virgin (whose last home, in Ephesus, was found using Sr. Emmerich's information). I cannot recommend these books highly enough!
on May 8, 2009
This is a book that needs to be read, especially in these days of rewriting the past, for exposing the truth and keeping hope alive.
on March 11, 2009
Anne Catherine Emmerich is perhaps one of the two most imporant channels of Mary, Jesus and other Biblical characters. The other being Maria Valtorta. When I say one of the most important what I mean is that she has withstood the test of time. There are and have been many other channels, but eventually their work is blown by the wind. Edgar Cayce is another one who has withstood the test of time, but his focus was more on medical treatments. Much has been written about Mary Magdalen, but Emmerich is as reputable a source as you are going to find. Nice book!

Alex Gutierrez
Author of Mother Mary's Resurrection
on April 15, 2010
Just finished it. GREAT BOOK!!! I think that penitent Mary Magdalen should stay the same, instead of everyone trying to say she has been misidentified as the "sinner". Now I agree it should be acknowledged that there is no proof that Mary Magdalen was a woman of "ill repute", but it makes sense: Who did Jesus love? The "sinners". So, it makes sense that the legend of Mary Magdalen is true, and she was a converted sinner. I think it's the holier then thou attitude that makes people suddenly want to look into it and change things. Also, in reading the book Mary of Bethaney and Mary Magdalen have similar qualities that easily could mean they are one in the same.
Chantell Snyder