Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Mass Effect 2 - Playstation 3” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 75% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Mass Effect 2 - Playstation 3
|Price:||$12.78 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$7.21 (36%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Space based RPG action as you create your version of Commander Shepard, customize your appearance and tailor your own abilities and strengths
- Take cover, command an elite squad, utilize over 20 weapons including new heavy weapons
- Explore an entire galaxy of unique planets and embark on side missions to uncover more secrets in the Mass Effect universe
- Exclusive Dark Horse digital comic allows PS3 players to experience the events of the first game and make choices related to them
- The three previously released DLC packs and one-time access code to the Cerberus Network, where additional content can be downloaded
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Platform: PlayStation 3 | Edition: Standard
Top Customer Reviews
On 2/22/11, Sony distributed patch 1.01 for this game, fixing memory fragmentation & corrupt save file problems. Buy with confidence!
I've left my original (2-star) review below in unaltered form, just as a record that BioWare kept their promise and I, in turn, kept mine. Obviously, the warnings in the second half no longer apply.
And thanks to everyone who gave this review a "helpful" rating - if it saved even one person from buying this game before the patch arrived and having the same problems myself and others did, then it served its purpose.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
ORIGINAL REVIEW FOLLOWS
* * * * * * * * * * * *
For some reason the reviews that try to guide potential customers to make informed choices are getting voted down here, whereas 5-star reviews are getting 5:1 or 10:1 ratio "helpful" ratings. This is really distressing.
Would it help if I heaped on some praise first? That's easy to do. Mass Effect 2 is a fantastic game. So here:
- Best storytelling I've seen in a game, ever, hands down. Ambitious yet nuanced, and neither sacrificing polish for interactivity or interactivity for polish.
- Most of the game looks fantastic
- Voice acting is, on the whole, superb
- An almost overwhelming array of things to do, and your actions have real consequences
If you are thinking of buying this game this instant, my advice to you is: wait. The game needs a patch. It currently has a problem with memory fragmentation during saving that corrupts save files--and all save files are bundled together, making entire careers and countless hours disappear with a single game freeze.
And a patch is coming--at least BioWare has promised it.Read more ›
You know how when you go into a movie with high hopes you often leave thinking, "Well that was kind of a letdown.. I thought you said it as AMAZING!" Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 actually met my high standards. I have been playing this game for 2 days straight and I can't get enough of it. It combines two of my favorite gaming genres: FPS (technically, it's third person) and RPG. If you love the Uncharted Series... I think you would love this game too.
- Great Storyline (it's like you're watching a movie... there is character development)
- Beautiful graphics (The worlds you travel you are gorgeous... too bad the game is only in 720p and not 1080p resolution. But it's ok, it still looks great!)
- Customizable player (You can make the main character look just like you. Before you start the game, you get to customize the face of the main character)
- Upgradeable weapons, equipment, skills, teammates, etc.
- There are so much to do. Basically you aren't just going through a level... picking up ammo, collecting money, shooting everything that moves, everything is predetermined, etc., etc. You actually get to choose what to do and say. For example, when you are in a interacting with another character, there are multiple responses you can select. Saying one thing will give affect you one way and saying the other will affect you differently.
- So far, there is really nothing I can think of.
As for glitches....Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Two years ago I bought a PS3 to play The Last of Us and GTA V. One of the few games I bought for my PS3 other than those 2 was Mass Effect 2... Read morePublished 20 days ago by TomSkirrett
Played through a hundred times on PC and decided to try it on the PS3, it just never gets old. One of the greatest games ever. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Mark Luo
"My favorite game of all time": is how I have described ME2. The characters are engaging; the story is intricate & compelling; the action is fun; the dialogue is... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Reverend Mike
The Mass Effect trilogy was going to be the reason I bought an Xbox 360. I bought a PS3 near launch and didn't want to buy another system but Mass Effect seemed that awesome. Read morePublished 6 months ago by George Vazquez