Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Periphery Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Mass Effect 2 Platinum Hits forum

Mass Effect Addict Forum

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 30, 2010 2:32:59 PM PDT
W. A. H. says:
I don't know about you, but I was totally surprised by this game. I've played it over and over again and it doesn't feel like you're playing a game. It feels like you watching a really good movie that you control.
I was just wondering how many of you found the game addictive, what your choices were, and how it effected your outcome.

Posted on Jan 28, 2011 5:18:58 AM PST
Whiskey002 says:
Love the game!!! I think I've made some bad choices though. I blew it when it came to Jack and Miranda arguing, now Miranda will not talk to me (LOL) and I screwed up on killing that one lady's daughter (Forgot her name) and I'm having trouble finding my last team member. My son says it's a robot but I haven't come across anything yet and I've finished all the missions except retrieving the IFF from the Collectors. After that I'm off to Omega 4. You've played it a few times, any ideas how I can fix these problems?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2011 9:31:18 AM PST
W. A. H. says:
You get your last member, Legion, when you go after the IFF. BUT, don't go after the IFF until you've upgraded everything. Ships weapons, shielding, etc.
I don't want to give anything away, but I've played it so many times. Make sure you're all upgraded.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2011 3:11:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 28, 2011 3:14:02 PM PST
Whiskey002 says:
Well, The ship is fully upgraded. My body armor, and my weapons are not fully upgraded. I need all of these to proceed?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2011 4:59:00 PM PST
W. A. H. says:
Once you get the IFF, you'll need to do Legion's loyalty mission. You'll have just enough time, before the you-know-what hits the fan, and it's gonna be go-time. So, yes. Whatever you can upgrade, especially in the personal protection and weapons department, do it. But, don't get the IFF until you've done it.

Posted on Jan 28, 2011 5:08:09 PM PST
W. A. H. says:
T.

Can't believe I'm saying this, because I'm not really into story games. I'm more sports. Don't have the time for a long game anymore, but I got addicted to this game. I've never played a game that reacts to what you do, to how you are, to the decisions you make.
I finally stopped playing it after I could save all of my crew and my team and my ship, every time.
I only give this game one fault: The Renegade/Paragon rating system is bogus to me. There is a time to be the heroic good guy and a time to be the whatever-it-takes hardass, and you shouldn't be penalized for it. That's life. And I would think, if you're in command, a necessity. The problem you had with Miranda and Jack is because you either didn't have FULL PARAGON/RENEGADE, or you RENEGADE wasn't EQUAL TO your PARAGON rating. So, in a sense, the game is not TOTALLY FREE-WHEELING. In a sense it does tell you how you need to react to get resolutions and in real life, that's not how things work.
But, all-in-all, buying ME1 and ME2 was worth it.
Good Luck, Shepard!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2011 4:43:08 PM PST
QwertyMan says:
You just have to max-out your paragon/renegade bar (and then talk to her; see the grayed-out conversation options?) to get her to talk to you again.

And you get Leigon when you go for the IFF. If you want everyone to survive, download this flowchart.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2010/06/04/how-to-save-or-kill-your-party-in-mass-effect-2.aspx

Posted on Feb 23, 2011 11:40:04 AM PST
Gus Hound says:
Had to play through the final mission three times to get everyone through. First time I lost Tali and Zaeed. Second time lost just Tali, but all made it through on my last attempt. I must say I was shocked the first time I played it and those characters died.

I feel like the overall goal of ME2 was to make sure your entire squad survived the last mission, so they can maybe join you in ME3. It took me a couple months to finish it off, and I was addicted to it during that time. I don't really feel the need to replay the whole game, although it'd be nice to finish the remainder of the accomplishments. There are certainly things I'd do differently now that I know the end result.

Posted on Feb 23, 2011 11:45:01 AM PST
W. A. H. says:
It would be nice if the missions saved separately so you could play your favorites over without having to start the whole game over because now you've just jacked up your outcome. I agree with you on that one.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2011 11:52:42 AM PST
*SPOILER ALERT* T, you have to go do the Derelict Reaper mission. At the end of the mission, you discover your final team member.

Posted on Jan 7, 2012 8:33:49 PM PST
Scott Sloan says:
I lost the doctor on my first play through and i was just devastated. He wasn't even my favorite but i was crushed. All i could think about was this was supposed to be a game everybody lives. I always win!!! Wow what a game!!! Cannot wait for ME:3

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 9:31:20 PM PST
Random says:
Man, I love Mass Effect. I agree with you, this game is so easy to just play over and over again. I must play through them both before ME3 arrives. <3

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2012 3:01:47 PM PST
W. A. H. says:
I can't wait to see what, if anything, happens with the Quarians.

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 10:46:26 PM PST
D-Rock says:
I'm on my 3rd playthrough with this one probably being the one I'll use for ME3...I love that all of my past decisions will either help me or bite my in the rear.

Can't wait for ME3.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2012 6:28:41 AM PST
W. A. H. says:
I've played through it so many times, I've lost count. It's getting to the point where playing it again and seeing Mordin, Tali, and Garrus again is going to be like catching up with old friends. LOL
I can't wait to see what happens with my decisions to re-write the Geth and save the Rachni Queen.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Apr 30, 2010
Latest post:  Jan 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Mass Effect 2 Platinum Hits
Mass Effect 2 Platinum Hits by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
4.6 out of 5 stars (730)