5.0 out of 5 stars Best in the series!
Published on July 5, 2012 by S. Cullison

3.0 out of 5 stars only buy if really cheap
if you already have the regular version of the game this one does not add anything that's really worth it other than the soundtrack. i bought this when it was on sale just for that. the other add-ons are mostly cosmetic.
Published 11 months ago by Rapahel Lowy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best in the series!, July 5, 2012
This review is from: Mass Effect 2 - Digital Deluxe Edition [Download] (Software Download)
Download was easy for me, but then I always keep my software up to date, so YMMV. Only real pain is the the process of DLC content and weapons through Bioware's own website that is not the best. Does this in ANY way reflect on gameplay? I've already forgotten about it. This game is the best in the series bar none for sheer story power, still great looking visuals (as of 2012) without the need for an obscenely high end machine, and a streamlined interface vs ME1 that mostly makes the game far more enjoyable. Part of me misses the ME1 inventory, but not so much that I care. Combat is faster, and far more intense. The music is up there with the best you will find, hands down. The characters inspire actual feelings from you and if your bad choices get them killed (it can and will happen if you don't make the right calls) you should and will likely feel bad about it. Old friends are back, new characters are revealed; particularly some who will play prominently in the final chapter. A great many more details will come to light on the enemy you face and what is to come. I won't say any more than you will not be disappointed. I picked this one up on sale, but it's a great deal at about any price you find it for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better on pc, June 20, 2012
I played this series originally on Xbox and really liked it but didn't like the constraints you have on abilities. I have a higher survivability rate on the PC version than the Xbox one, as you can map out more abilities to hot keys. I think the combat with the mouse is much more smoother then is it with the controller. The PC port of this game is well made, unlike the original Dead Space(good game as well).

5.0 out of 5 stars epic game for a bargain week deal, April 30, 2012
This one of the most popular space related RPG's on the market with an epic story being told while you play, from the intro of the game, your instantly glued to your seat, you have to play it through.

I got lucky with the collectors edition being on sale for one week under $9 (finally got the better of EA), I was hoping for an ultimate edition or game of the year, but this will do nicely.

Watching and waiting for Amazon to pull another fast one with ME3 Collectors Edition.

I highly recommend buying this game, the story is immersive, characters are enjoyable, your choices will effect the outcome of certain characters and some of the third game. Don't just jump straight to the third game, you wouldn't just read the last third of a book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy download/install & great game, April 9, 2012
Fantastic game! The download was simple, and install was easy. Note that bonus content is installed through a separate website. Graphics are excellent, and gameplay is superb. I highly recommend this game, especially with the current price discounts, and the ability to include some character info in the recently-released Mass Effect 3 pc game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, Great Price!, April 7, 2012
I downloaded this game when it was $8.99 for the digital deluxe edition and it worked fine. What a fantastic game it was! Also the pricing was so good for such a game, I went and bought all the DLC because I knew I got such a great value.

First time users might have a little issue with downloading and installing the game. It took me a little time it is easy to overcome. If you are having trouble, make sure you read the "readme" file. Remember that after you download the game files the "setup" is the actual game installer.

I highly recommend this for people who haven't played Mass Effect 2 yet. Its only $8.99 for the digital deluxe version and only $5.99 for the standard version right now! (not sure if this offer is permanent). That's cheaper than most lunches at a diner!

5.0 out of 5 stars superb experience all around!!, March 6, 2012
this game is absolutely fantastic, played continuously for two day straight.

cant stop playing it.

graphics good, story is good, mechanics is good,

one thing is that shepard cannot turn while sprinting

5.0 out of 5 stars Breath taking, December 29, 2011
The visuals have been improved there is no doubt about that. Now the complexity around the armor and weapons has been removed. This game has now become much more of a First Person Shooter (FPS) than before. Personally I like the shift, I know of several ME1 fans that are... disturbed by this change.

Overall I am impressed with the game and I would recommend it to any FPS player out there.

4.0 out of 5 stars good game, October 15, 2011
D. Myers (Broomfield, CO USA) - See all my reviews
I like the variety of play styles available and the interesting moral decisions made along the way that affect later game play.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Price for Game, October 9, 2011
For the price this game was great! I enjoyed the plot and the graphics were pretty good. Bioware has continued to make games that I can sit down and play the game for a few hours and not get bored. Great job!

4.0 out of 5 stars Unforgivable installation problems, June 23, 2012
I normally do not include problems with distribution and installation with a product review, but this needs attention. The download from amazon was flawless, I had my problems while installing the game.

For those of you trying to install on Windows 7 64 bit, make sure you have Adobe Air installed, the latest divers for your graphics card and nvidia physx up to date.
Ensure that you are restarting your computer before the installation of ME2.

I spent 4 hours installing this game (excluding download). So far, game play is as good as ME1. I'll update my score later if the game score needs adjusting.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›