Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on September 29, 2012
Just an FYI for purchasers... Be aware that Fourth Edition CD ROM (and I assume all earlier versions) will NOT run on Mac O SX. The documents contained within were set up for Windows PC or as a Mac .osx extension. Mac NO LONGER supports file extensions in .osx! If you have earlier editions you will not have full access to the CD ROM portions of the text. The videos however will work.

In addition If you decide to supplement the Fourth Edition and want to save money by purchasing the Fifth Edition in Kindle format; the Kindle format DOES NOT include the CD ROM portions of the book.
on March 9, 2014
This is an incredibly useful reference. However, the electronic version is a pain to use, and totally misses most of the opportunities that an e-book should offer. Some examples:
- No page numbers, only "Locations," and some TEN THOUSAND of them, which don't correlate to anything. Totally useless.
- The index just lists words. No "Locations," no hyperlink (which would be the obvious beautiful e-feature), nothing. It's a useless list of what's in the book, with no help as to where to find it. It's the anti-index. Bonkers.
- Table of contents, almost as useless. Hyperlinked, but way too general to zip to the desired topic....assuming you already KNOW what section the pathology is categorized under.
- There are videos cited which appear to be hyperlinked...but they're not actually, so you can't click and watch them.
- The captions for the illustrations are not "grouped" with the illustrations, so the captions will often appear on a different page. Dumb.

Essentially, to look up a specific pathology or topic, you are forced to enter keywords in the Search, wait as it searches and shows EVERY CITATION of the word appears, and hunt through for the one citation you need. In desperation I started to laboriously highlight and bookmark the topic sections I study, in order to make my own sort of index. CRAZY!

E-book technology offers lots of opportunities to amp up the usability and beauty of a reference like this one. All that potential, wasted and worse here.

If I were Ruth Werner, I would be screaming bloody hell at the fools who have made her well-researched, respected handbook into such a clumsy dinosaur of an e-book.
on August 12, 2014
I did not purchase this through Amazon, rather it came with the required textbooks for my massage therapy classes. For me, textbooks usually do not hold value outside the classroom. But with this is an exception! Several times now Pathology would be sitting in my backpack when a patient comes in saying, "I have [something]. Can I still get massage?" And we both sit down, look it up, and move on from there. Wonderful source to support myself and validate what I'm telling my patients!
on November 29, 2014
This was a class textbook for my massage course. I am definitely going to keep this book around after I get my license. Very useful and informative. It covers most of the major things one would encounter as a massage therapist and how to handle those situations.
on December 14, 2013
I had an earlier addition but thought I should get the newest publication. So glad I did. This book is easy to navigate and has terrific insights and information for massage therapists. Every therapist should have one in their library.
on January 31, 2015
Bought this book for part of my massage program. It's laid out in an easy-to-follow format. It gives you the option to either read a short synopsis of key information about each disease, which is presented in small, blue text boxes throughout each chapter (great if you're making flashcards); or you have the option to read a more in-depth section about each disease. Puts the information in the context of massage therapy and discusses the risks and benefits of each disease in terms of massage. Very important information for a future/LMT to have and I'd highly recommend checking it out.
on June 25, 2014
Excellent study guide and reference for later questions that come up in your practice. I highly recommend to both students and those in practice. It certainly made my assignments easier to complete.
on December 25, 2013
I purchased this text for my massage classes and found it to be wonderful easy to read. Well worth the money.
on February 18, 2014
The text book is good, BUT why oh why can't it have page numbers??? ALL professors make assignments in page numbers. I've actually considered renting the physical text because it's SOOOO inconvenient. Talk about wasting $$.
on June 3, 2015
Great book and reference guide. I used this guide along with others in my practice. I also recommend therapists purchasing an app called Pathology for Massage Therapists via iTunes. Its a pretty basic app that provides a short description of medical conditions and contraindications often associated with each condition. Its a great addition for therapists on the go! Here's the link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pathology-for-massage-therapists/id970739514?mt=8