Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Master Lock 1530DCM X-treme Combination Lock in Assorted Colors, 1-Pack
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Size Name: 1-Pack|Color Name: Assorted|Change
Price:$4.03+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on February 14, 2011
I've been using combination locks on my lockers since middle school. Yet, if you go to a giant college (large public school in general), like I do, I DO NOT recommend this lock! Recently, when I was in my body building class somebody tampered with my lock and got into my locker. The person stole my backpack, jeans, wallet, and keys, and did so WITHOUT breaking the lock, and even did me the favor of re-locking it before running off with my stuff! The only damage done to the lock was a few dents on the bottom and side and honestly, the combination wheel turns even smoother now that it's all beaten up. As well, there is no need to even beat the lock to open it. One can simply learn how to open a master lock combination lock with only a piece of a soda can, on the internet.
66 comments|48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Like many people, I've read the articles and seen the videos about cracking the combinations of Master locks. I was curious to learn how difficult it was, so I bought several different models of Master combination locks.

Using the methods I had seen online, I tried to determine the combinations, and I was successful, using two methods that yielded the three numbers, or a small range of possible numbers. (I determined the first two numbers using the method developed by Samy Kamkar - it's supposed to also yield the third number, but I was not always able to get the third number that way, so I used another method that requires finding 12 locking points to determine the third number and help verify the first two numbers.) Determining the combination isn't that difficult, but it does take some time and effort. By the fourth lock, I was doing it in about 15 minutes. Someone who practiced could probably learn to crack a combination in much less time than that. Knowing what I know now, I would not recommend a Master combination lock for school or gym lockers or anywhere where valuables are being protected. However, these locks are very inexpensive, and for situations where valuables are not involved and you only want to discourage someone from taking the time to crack a combination, the Master locks are fine.

By the way, cracking the combination of a Master lock is a very enjoyable mental exercise that's very satisfying when you pull on the shackle and it releases.
on November 10, 2010
I ordered this masterlock 1530DCM several months ago and noticed that it began to feel "loose" somehow where the metal ring entered the combination chamber. As a few weeks past, it became harder to re-lock it each time. So, I contacted masterlock, who said that they would replace my lock and give me a new 4-direction lock for my trouble. In addition, they were curious to see what was going on with my lock, and told me they would pay postage for my return of the defective lock.

This was just in time, as a few days later, the base dropped right off the ring. I received the two locks, as promised. I am thankful that Masterlock is not only conscious in its customer service, but also interested in fixing the problem for the future. These days, it is a rare company who wants a better product, rather than another throw-away product.

And so I will continue to use Masterlock products....
on November 10, 2015
Superbummed. Got the blue. How is it that the colors are "assorted" yet everyone gets the blue? Absolutely NO ONE at the gym has ever gotten any other color. Was hoping, but should have known better. Goodbye, dream of spotting which is my locker without my glasses on. Regretting this purchase.
on December 26, 2015
The model I received has "Shim Proof" in large, bold print on the packaging.

As others have noted, the combination is very sloppy. You can just get close to the appropriate number and the lock will take it.

Not as well constructed as Master locks in the past. Feels like a good hammer blow to the dial will destroy it.
on January 29, 2015
It's a Master Lock. You know what you are getting. I recommend grabbing one of these colored 1530DCM locks over the standard silver 1500, because these incorporate an anti-shim technology. That said, these locks still won't keep anyone who intends to break in out. However they do still add one more layer of protection between your stuff and the thief.
on June 18, 2007
I use it to lock up my bag and valubles in the gym . Works just like a lock is supposed to, can't really say much .

You might want to try Target , Walmart , they sometimes have it for cheaper . I realised later , when I saw it at the Target Store for a dollar cheaper , no big deal , as I used it as a filler to acheive my 25$ free shipping

happy shopping
on February 2, 2016
Read the description carefully! Despite the product's picture, there is only 1 lock in the package. The price would have been worth it for a pack of 4 locks however for just one, you can definitely find a better deal in a store... Any store!
on March 29, 2016
they pick the color for you, I got pink but honestly who cares about the color as long as it works well which it does. Master lock obviously is a well known name in this business and product line up. I use it at the gym for a locker.. for this price I can't complain. I wouldn't pay much attention to the people who say the lock doesn't work , even if that ends up happening you could probably easily get your hand on another one.
on December 4, 2015
Mine came in a nice purple though my choice would have been red or turquoise. Still, purple works out fine because it matches the Planet Fitness purple theme. Lock is sturdy enough and easy to operate. But whatever you do, don't lose the combination because since the numbers are pre-assigned, I do not think you can change it.