Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Master Lock 4684T TSA-Accepted Lock Assorted Colors, 2-Pack
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

UPDATE: June 2012: Bought a new set because one of my kids "borrowed" one of the original ones. THIS IS NOT THE SAME PRODUCT THAT I ORIGINALLY REVIEWED, even though the item number is the same. (I went to my old order to reorder, because I wanted exactly the same thing.) The new first new lock that I set the combination on BROKE when I was setting it. Little shards of plastic came out of the hole on the top. Not too happy about this, as I am leaving on my trip, and can't send it right back to Amazon. Internal parts now appear to be plastic instead of metal. See product images.

DO NOT BUY. Not recommended at all.

Original review: 5-stars, 2007

We bought these locks for a trip to Asia, and even after the bags were tossed about in several airports the locks were still in great shape. Easy to set, and they hold securely. There is no danger that the locks will be cut off, as they are TSA approved. The combination-set system is better than a keyed system as you never have to wonder what you did with the key. Just write down the combination on a piece of tape when you get home, stick it to the lock, and there it is to remind you when it's time for the next trip. Peel off the tape, and you're good to go.

Update, November 2010: The locks are still going strong. They have been through many airports, and are still working perfectly - have not bent or cracked or failed.
review image review image
33 comments|84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2007
Good locks but the color is misleading. Everything else was fine. Just plain metal. Same as Home Depot.
on February 5, 2007
I bought these for a recent trip to Washington. The locks were intact when I received my bags from the claim, yet TSA did leave cards indicating that my bags had been hand-searched. It's good to have these for an added peace of mind.
on August 31, 2007
I asked for a green lock and a silver one came. I wanted a bright lock that would be easy to identify. The silver lock that came does not even look like the image that was posted and it is heavy which is a concern for long hauls. I went back and re-read the fine print and to be fair, it does say that you are not allowed to pick a color. But, at the top of the page, it allows you to click on a color so it is a little misleading.
on October 7, 2013
The first four pictures of this product are incorrect on this listing. Note that the first four pics are for the older version of this lock which was a metal lock that was wrapped in plastic. The new version is what is shown in the video (has three grooves on one end) and is literally a plastic lock without a metal inside. Note that I own the older version of this product and it was a superior product and lasted me for more than 5 years. I still have two of the original six locks. Unfortunately during international travels four have been broken in transit. So I searched all over to replace them with new models and came across these. I have to tell that I have not travelled yet with the new version of these. Comparatively speaking though the new versions are extremely light and appear to be much cheaper in quality than the old version. Also, I ordered 3 of these 2 packs and of the 6 I received all were green and only 5 of the 6 were functional. So I have contacted Amazon and they are helping me exchange the defective lock. Amazon always has outstanding customer service. My only concern is that although these are a great price (these easily cost $8-$12 more at stores in DC), I do not think they will have the longevity of the previous Master locks I owned due to the lower quality construction. Time will tell though and I will update my review if they last through my upcoming travels.

I would also like to reiterate what others have said. Ensure you follow the directions exactly on how to set this combination. It is not intuitive and it is definitely NOT like setting other Master locks. The colors are still great and make identifying your luggage easy. My older versions were neon orange and I love the new neon lime green ones Amazon sent. I really hope these last. Fingers crossed.
on August 27, 2007
i received silver padlocks instead of the advertised neon colors. amazon indicated that there is no guarantee on the color of padlocks shipped but silver was not included in the advertised neon colors available.

i should have purchased these items from another seller since i need the colors to identify my bags from others.
on July 22, 2010
Manufacturers have now mastered the art of web photography. The photos are accurate. The problem is the locks are badly made.

When I set the combination, in order to use the lock, one worked, and the other hung up and is now unusable. The mechanism is badly made & imprecise: it set a combination before I finished, and now won't open/close. I'm hardly all thumbs: I don't generally have a problem like this.

Why not just send it back to Amazon? Amazon does a good job, & I'm sure they'd help out. But at their price, it's not worth the effort.

I wasn't looking for a huge bargain, just some locks that would function, and to avoid a special trip through traffic to the store.

I hope reviews like this help discipline the manufacturers to get the innards of their products up to the level of their beautiful photos.
on January 21, 2009
I wanted to review this product mainly to let people know that I did get a neon colored pair (pink) since it seems like most of the bad reviews came from people getting nickel colored locks. I didn't mind getting a nickel colored pair so I ordered anyway.
Locks were easy to set, and seems like it would not be easy to get accidently reset (sometimes happens on other locks), though I have yet to actually travel with it.
on May 9, 2007
These locks not only give my peace of mind about my luggage being safe but they are also very easy to use and are very well made.
on September 29, 2012
Great locks other than you have no idea what color your getting. These lock are only good for keeping an honest person honest. They can be defeated in a matter of seconds. They are for air flights only and not for security.
They work great for their intended purpose but are useless for anything else.