5.0 out of 5 stars No Problems
We had no problem with the locks that we purchased. The TSA never had to check the contents, but the locks worked well. It was especially convenient that they were all keyed the same way.
Published on July 26, 2008 by W. Petitt

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage
Published on June 18, 2009 by Steve

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage, June 18, 2009
Steve (Boston, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Master Lock 4689Q TSA Accepted Padlocks with Keys 4-Pack (Colors May Vary) (Tools & Home Improvement)
I was excited when these arrived. Small, but look much more solid than other luggage type locks. The first lock I opened was somewhat aggravating. When you try to lock it again, the key must be turned to the unlock position otherwise it will not seat all the way in to lock. The second lock I opened came apart literally in my hands. The key pulled the entire internal lock mechanism out. With it, all of the key pins fell all over the floor. Absolute garbage. Would not recommend for even the slightest bit of security.

1.0 out of 5 stars A WASTE OF MONEY, August 13, 2009
JF "JAFD" (New York, USA) - See all my reviews
I just got these locks today, and as soon as I took them out of the package they literally fell apart. I tried to unlock them ('cause they came locked), and a lot of small pieces started falling off. I gave it a one star rating, because I had to in order to write the review, but these locks are not even disposable, they're garbage! I wouldn't recommend them to anybody!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly designed, April 24, 2009
The Master Lock 4689Q TSA Accepted Padlocks extremely difficult to lock and very small. The locking mechanism in one of them actually came apart when I tried locking it. I had to scramble to pick up tiny metal balls and spring that flew out before my dog would eat them. Master is a well known and respected brand and I am disappointed these locks are not made from the strength and quality we have come to expect from Master.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy because of the nice look..., September 29, 2009
Please don't buy this product. I bought it and each lock fell apart into pieces without any force. The key inserting part came out with the key. Go for the regular good old brass locks. I gave 1 star because I cannot review without stars. no stars for this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Worth the time or money, June 2, 2009
My 14 year old daughter broke the one I gave her to show her how to unlock and lock them. If they break that easily, then why even bother putting them on luggage. The locks are cheaply made and virtually worthless. I'm replacing them with Samsonite locks that have a five star rating.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst piece of junk I ever bought, August 20, 2010
Out of 4, one gone out of order right out of the box. Put the key in, rotate and try to pull it out. It might bring out the keyhole as well. Even the toy locks are better than this. Another one doesn't get locked. Don't buy this junk.

5.0 out of 5 stars No Problems, July 26, 2008

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, April 15, 2008
VeraP (Cleveland, OH) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I'm very glad I bought these locks. They are a good value and made me feel much more secure about my luggage. The only reason for the 4 stars was that they were a bit too small.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, October 1, 2008
SAM (Indianapolis, IN United States) - See all my reviews
Excellent price for decent little locks. No, they're not going to keep out anyone who is truly determined to get in your bags. However, they should be enough deterrent to keep casual burglars away. I know that I felt much better on a recent trip with these on my bags.

Of course, as with any "random color shipped" purchase, you're going to get the color you don't want. For me, that meant I got the pink ones. Fortunately, the color is somewhat muted so they don't stand out too much or look overly silly on my manliest-of-men luggage.

5.0 out of 5 stars One key opens all, April 6, 2009
It's great if you have more than two luggage. Just bring one key and you can use it on every lock. The other three can be used as spare keys. Put one in you carry-on, one in your pocket, and one at home.

Rate and Discover Movies